Mercedes CLA Forum banner

CLA45 Dealer Order Guide

23K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  outsider 
#1 ·
Didn't see this anywhere yet.
Hope it's helpful!

Ordered my White CLA45 with Performace Exhaust, Premium Package, Grey Leather, Black Ash and spoiler.

Has anyone seen pictures of the spoiler yet?

CLA45_DOG_V1.0.pdf

#7 ·
Wow this is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Different in Australia as our cars cost a lot more I think most of those options are stock. The A45 only has 3 options available in aus. It comes with everything. Good to see the images and colours and so on. Hope there isn't delay in aus stock

#16 · (Edited)
That's spot on mate, exactly what my MB dealer told me. He said A45 only had those three options and he thought it very likely that CLA45 would be the same.

Price was $499 for black wheels, not sure about the other two, but four figures for sure.

EDIT: just found a link to the same A45 spec sheet which the dealer used to talk me through the likely options on a CLA45, copied below...
http://www.ausmotive.com/downloads/Mercedes-Benz/A45-AMG-AU-dealer-info-April2013.pdf

#17 ·
I really thought the 45 would be my next car, unfortunately the pricing guide is beginning to make me think twice. To start, MANY of the options should be standard on a $48,000 car in 2013. I won't even go over how ridiculous it is that the are charging $2200 for the Prem. 1 pkg. for features (dimming mirrors, dual climate, etc.) that I can readily get standard on a mid-trim Nissan, Hyundai or Ford... So screw you MB for that but w/e I'll begrudgingly pay it.

Then as I scroll down the sheet I see they want 3750 for the Recaro seats and have not even announced the price for the "RED CUT" version which I am sure will be more expensive. And lets just say that if the stock seats were my only option I would NEVER buy this car, so basically I'm stuck paying 4K for SEATS on an AMG! But Wait! Theres more... The Carbon Fiber exterior trim that I originally thought would look so great didn't look so great for $3700. The saving grace was the Night Styling pkg. Which I thought would also look great, especially on a white car, and for $750 its a bargain. But of course there has to be some downside, which I discovered when I saw the red lettering informing me that a car with the night styling pkg. would be delayed until Jan. 2014.... GRRRRR!

Once I recovered from my initial annoyance, I decided to price out the car with the options I want (I was planning on getting one fully loaded). For the month or so as I have been researching this car and what not, I expected the car to top out with every single option for around 60K or below. I thought that was expensive seeing as thats around 12K in options in a car that already costs 48K and is an AMG (supposedly the highest level trim with the most features and options, right?). But of course I was once again disappointed. When I optioned out the car fully loaded, it cost $69,770!!! Are you serious MB??? So instead I priced out the car only adding the essential things that I had to have, which ended up being a lot of things, bringing the price to just over 60K. And thats when I realized that I actually really dislike the standard CLA 45 AMG and the car only becomes cool and desirable with 10-20K in options. This makes me sad :**(

When I had finished reading the order guide I finally came to terms with the fact that there would be no option for Keyless go, as many people had said on the forums, that was the final straw that forced me to write this ranting post. A 70K car and it wouldn't even have Keyless go pshhh. Overall I would have to say I am just sad at this point and have no clue what car to get. I HATE the new 3-series/4-series and although I love my 11 Audi S4, I want a change from the Audi styling. Mercedes you almost had my 60k in your pocket but now I'm not so sure.

#20 ·
Very well written. I totally agree with you. Many pics and vids I have seen in which I thought came standard for an AMG such as recaro seats, carbon fibre etc....are extras is pushing me away for this car. I refuse to pay anything over $55k for a 4 banger. I am leaning more towards either the new lexus is350 AWD FSport or the 2014 Audi S4.

#18 ·
mike im in the same boat . . . i fell in love with the CLA 45 amg, but everyday im getting more upset haha

i want something FRESH, the cla is new and different and perfect for me!......well...it COULD have been....the a3 is a foot shorter, the s4 is nice and the same price as the cla base....

anyway - - as for all the packages, i have to agree

...the recaro seats should be standard . . i hate that the regular CLA seats are in the amg stock..

the stock grey side skirts and front lip are ugly (to me, no offense) . . the nite package or exterior carbon package is a must! i see it two ways - nite package from factory or get stock grey, and then wait until identical aftermarket carbon pieces come out for half the price MB is charging.

p1 should def be free on the amg . every single car made has most of these features standard nowadays!

WE'RE PAYING FOR DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL IN AN AMG LOL

---

i ordered a white one,...still debating switching to silver...need to see more pics

AMG HAS YET TO RELEASE A PIC OF THE AMG ON STOCK WHEELS

#31 · (Edited)
I've only put down a refundable deposit at this stage - I'll still have a haggle once the final price is announced. If it's sold out until 2015 like the A45 then probably little chance of a deal, but don't think that will be the case(?).

I get a corporate package so free servicing for 3 years and free roadside assist (kinda hoping I wouldn't need it!).

I ordered from Brisbane MB in May - delivery Nov or Dec.

Where did you order yours? ETA?
EDIT: don't worry answering that one, saw your earlier post in another thread!

#21 ·
I really like the AMG....but its probably better to go in for the new S3...starts at a base price of $10k cheaper and it will probably come loaded up pretty nicely. Although we will have to wait till next spring... I am shocked that Premium 1 isnt standard; for petes sake its standard for a C350...

#23 ·
Isn't this what we've been expecting all along...outside of a few bits and pieces (maybe the premium package) that SHOULD have been part of the base...everything else seems aligned with what MB indicated for the US. If you look back to the car's original press release they were very careful in their wording -- a lot of the CLA45 has this and many options for that kind of stuff. Soft and gooey feel good stuff without commitment. lol

-Eric

#25 ·
No power or memory for standard CLA45 seats?

As I began to spec out and price my preferred features in the USA CLA45 Order Guide, one thing that immediately caught my eye was the seating options. The Recaro seats are very sporty and attractive but at $3750 or more for the Black "Red Cut" Leather version, that's too steep for me. They also look like they're going to be extremely firm, as in hard as rocks. So switching back to the standard seating, I'm liking the 811 Black "Red Cut" leather with the red seat belts. Upon close inspection of the photos in the Interior Gallery section, NONE of the standard seats are showing to include power and memory options. All the photos show a blank panel on the door in front of the door handle where the power seat controls and memory should be. Can this be true? No power seats in the CLA 45 unless you pony up for the Recaro seats?

Screen capture from Order Guide page 26:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Luxury vehicle

#27 ·
As I began to spec out and price my preferred features in the USA CLA45 Order Guide, one thing that immediately caught my eye was the seating options. The Recaro seats are very sporty and attractive but at $3750 or more for the Black "Red Cut" Leather version, that's too steep for me. They also look like they're going to be extremely firm, as in hard as rocks. So switching back to the standard seating, I'm liking the 811 Black "Red Cut" leather with the red seat belts. Upon close inspection of the photos in the Interior Gallery section, NONE of the standard seats are showing to include power and memory options. All the photos show a blank panel on the door in front of the door handle where the power seat controls and memory should be. Can this be true? No power seats in the CLA 45 unless you pony up for the Recaro seats?

Screen capture from Order Guide page 26:
View attachment 986
that cant be right, the standard CLA250 has power seats....and arent the standard CLA250 seats the same ones as the standard ones in the AMG?

#26 ·
I dunno about comparing an Audi S model to an MB AMG model. I think RS is more applicable to AMG. I need to obviously look into such more.

#29 · (Edited)
I thought I read that the performance specs might be comparable to the RS3...not S3...but I could be mistaken. Although, I believe the specs of the AMG still have it quicker to 60mph.

-Eric

P.S. I did a rough calculation and get to about $63k without going too crazy but with what I'd really want in the car.

#33 ·
I hope that I am wrong on the power seats topic. For me, power seats with memory is a non-negotiable requirement. I did see the notice at the top of the Order Guide saying that the images show European specification vehicles. If I were basing this discussion solely off of the images then I would be less concerned but it's also in the written description. On page 12, where the standard seat description is found, there is no mention of power or memory. On page 27, where the Recaro seat description is found, it clearly states "Power adjustment...". I have noticed other errors and inconsistencies in the Order Guide, so I hope that this is an error/omission that will be corrected. Earlier this year in the press release, I think I remember reading that power seats were standard in the CLA45. So we do have some mixed signals at this time. I seriously hope that I am wrong on the power seats and that all seating options in the CLA45 will have power and memory functionality. I have lusted over previous AMG models when purchasing other Mercedes cars and this model is the only one that fits (barely) within my budget.

#34 ·
a few things glaringly different:
-adaptive headlights with the red ring
-multispokes are 19", the DE site shows those at 18" (hope they stay at 19")
-the front fascia with the diamond design (much better than the normal web design)
-the carbon package doesn't include a painted window frame (just weird)

#35 · (Edited)
So I decided I'm gonna get it with 48500
Pano roof 1500
Red calipers 300
Black rims 850
Spoiler 300
These are the bare essentials for me. And brings the price to about 52000(maybe wait for night pack)
I really wanted the recaro seats and carbon fiber exterior! And If I can't wait for the night package I'm just going to plastidip the parts myself!

If I don't bite the bullet on the recaro seats then I am forced to buy the premium package and leather interior in order to get the recaro. That's 3750 for recaro
2200 prem pack
And at least 1500 for leather trim
That's an extra 7500 I have to spend to get my recaros. From 52k to 60k
I also wish they would offer a back up camera stand alone. Argh! I refuse to get the 2300 multimedia pack just for the very worthy and useful backup cam.

So questions!
If I don't get the prem pack or multi media pack. Does that mean...
I won't get a LCD display?
I can't get park tronic park assist without first getting the backup camera in the 2300 dollar multimedia pack right?
Can I plasti dip the rear view mirrors myself?dont think I can wait till January for the night pack.
If I do decide to wait till January...is there a chance I might be able to get the 2200$ mb-tex recaros as they might be available then?
In conclusion the only thing I'm sacrificing is the sexy ass recaro seats :-( and a back up camera that I can begrudgingly live without.
If January can deliver me the night pack and the 2200 recaros than maybe I might become more patient lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.