15 CLA45 headache.. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

15 CLA45 headache..

This is a discussion on 15 CLA45 headache.. within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Latest update after last fridays dealer visit, my dealer is doing their best, they are doing what Germany tells them to do, but apparently Germany ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 15 CLA45 headache..

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Latest update after last fridays dealer visit, my dealer is doing their best, they are doing what Germany tells them to do, but apparently Germany is incapable of fixing anything.

https://youtu.be/HMNK2_9aT6c

They forwarded this video to Germany again to ask what to do.

If this don't get fixed soon,I am thinking about trade in for a new car or if they dont work with me i might sue . Cause im pretty sure they are waiting for my brake warranty to be over in March.(I think its 2 years for brakes)

If anybody has any knowledge about it pls hit me up via pm.
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This Squealing noise is produced when brake pads not fully push against the disk, you should brake at high speeds so the pads wil adapt to brake disk. in your video's you are braking softly (normal). If you brake with al little more pressure is the noise still there?

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    This is a high frequency mechanical chatter ... after all the pad changing and bedding etc etc etc -- still no joy?
    You have nothing to lose so try this if you wish ...
    Take off the rotors ... look at the mating surfaces between the rotors and hubs and feel for high points ... use your fingernail if you have to.
    Just a few microns at those surfaces will yield just enough wander at the rotor/pad interface to give all that squealing ... and no amount of bedding or new pads will fix that.
    xzatx likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I suggest you logg all your visits to the dealer, once you have 4 visits, contact a lemon law lawyer and try that route. I hope that law do apply where you are!.
    2014 CLA250, BIXENON, PANO
    2016 BMW 1200GS ADVENTURE
    2015 HARLEY DAVIDSON SOFTAIL SLIM
    2015 TOYOTA RAV4
    2012 HARLEY DAVIDSON IRON 883
    2009 SUZUKI BURGMAN 400
    2008 YAMAHA FZ6
    2007 BMW M5
    2006 NINJA 250r
    2006 FRONTIER TRUCK
    2006 NISSAN 350Z
    2005 C230
    2005 TOYOTA CAMRY
    1996 TOYOTA TACOMA
    1996 FORD RANGER
    1992 LEXUS LS400

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Torch View Post
    This Squealing noise is produced when brake pads not fully push against the disk, you should brake at high speeds so the pads wil adapt to brake disk. in your video's you are braking softly (normal). If you brake with al little more pressure is the noise still there?
    Hi thanks for the input,

I did the bedding already if thats what you are asking and also did braking at high speeds as people recommended this already on PL.

Also there should not be a squealing noise when im soft braking too. There is none in our cls63, so there should be none in cla45
    Last edited by Emir; 10-21-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    This is a high frequency mechanical chatter ... after all the pad changing and bedding etc etc etc -- still no joy?
    You have nothing to lose so try this if you wish ...
    Take off the rotors ... look at the mating surfaces between the rotors and hubs and feel for high points ... use your fingernail if you have to.
    Just a few microns at those surfaces will yield just enough wander at the rotor/pad interface to give all that squealing ... and no amount of bedding or new pads will fix that.
    Hi thanks for the input jmc,

Yes my pads got changed like 2 times, also did the bedding. The video i posted today is taken 2 days ago after last friday, they changed 2 pieces that arrived from Germany, and they also drilled a hole in the pads to prevent vibration. But as you can hear from the video its still there and its kinda louder now.

Also i appreciate the suggestion but i dont have a garage and tools to do it and i am not looking to spend any money on it
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xzatx View Post
    I suggest you logg all your visits to the dealer, once you have 4 visits, contact a lemon law lawyer and try that route. I hope that law do apply where you are!.
    Hi xzatx, there is no lemon laws in Canada unfortunately...

I want to work this out with them cause i love my amg and i want to continue owning amgs. Thats why i am going to try to get the car as a trade in first, if they don't agree then i'll see what i can do.

My dealer forwarded the last video to them, so we are waiting instructions from them. if that last trick doesn't work too, then i'll start the action
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir View Post
    Hi thanks for the input jmc,

Yes my pads got changed like 2 times, also did the bedding. The video i posted today is taken 2 days ago after last friday, they changed 2 pieces that arrived from Germany, and they also drilled a hole in the pads to prevent vibration. But as you can hear from the video its still there and its kinda louder now.

Also i appreciate the suggestion but i dont have a garage and tools to do it and i am not looking to spend any money on it
    Oh no dont spend money ... have them inspect those mounting surfaces under warranty.
    Or have them use a 1 micron dial gauge mounted to the suspension and turn the rotors slowly ... if that needle jumps around then they have an excuse to inspect further ... like the hubs themselves ... lots of techs take those for granted as being true and many times they are warped or have superfluous surface features.
    Either way hope you get quiet brakes soon!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my 2015 cla 45 has 20k miles and started doing that so i have the pads changed but no improvement at all, i was told is because of performance pads by MB dealer. i read in another thread that a guy made it go away by cleaning the caliper and rotors with compress air, i havent done this yet but will get it done and hopefully will fix the issue

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoarevalo View Post
    my 2015 cla 45 has 20k miles and started doing that so i have the pads changed but no improvement at all, i was told is because of performance pads by MB dealer. i read in another thread that a guy made it go away by cleaning the caliper and rotors with compress air, i havent done this yet but will get it done and hopefully will fix the issue
    @Pete posted that 😊

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links