CLA 45 Running in ? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

CLA 45 Running in ?

This is a discussion on CLA 45 Running in ? within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; You definitely need do drive carefully for the first 2500 km, if you understand the working of engine, gear-train and turbo in high performance cars ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: CLA 45 Running in ?

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You definitely need do drive carefully for the first 2500 km, if you understand the working of engine, gear-train and turbo in high performance cars there is no doubt. As previously said different speeds and gear and certainly not over 140 Km P/H.
    Do not use stop start system in this period and after extensive drive cool turbo at leas for one minute. Yes there is oil pressure remaining in turbo due to special valve that keeps pressure after engine shutdown, this is not the best way to cool it.
    Imagen that 2.0L has 381 horsepower, A lot of pressure is on the system. This needs to settle in, oil-film needs to set and gear needs to settle. This takes some time.
    Do it please because after some years you wil find hot spots in the rotation parts of engine and gearbox what leads to excessive wear or failure.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Gutsy! 
    But then again ... it IS a 45
    Let's say I drove 80% of what I wanted to drive before 1000 miles.. now I drive 100%, one thing to notice, the car runs slower than during warming up, I seem to get more power as the engine warms up at the right temperature. Totally opposite of my previous car, Mazda 3 rotary engine that was very quick while warming up but slow after driving for a while.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savatha View Post
    Let's say I drove 80% of what I wanted to drive before 1000 miles.. now I drive 100%, one thing to notice, the car runs slower than during warming up, I seem to get more power as the engine warms up at the right temperature. Totally opposite of my previous car, Mazda 3 rotary engine that was very quick while warming up but slow after driving for a while.
    Sure seems op temp criteria must be met before the software opens up the power band in the 45

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EsgrqL08b2Q I think I did this 0-60 before 1000 miles and at 2500 I did it again and it was indentical.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There is no software limitation on not having the operating temperature engine /gearbox. This is only displayed in AMG window dashboard or in engine parameters in Media screen AMG.
    No Limits on turbo pressure or RPM,

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

CLA 45 Running in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Torch View Post
    There is no software limitation on not having the operating temperature engine /gearbox. This is only displayed in AMG window dashboard or in engine parameters in Media screen AMG.
    No Limits on turbo pressure or RPM,
    Wow ... so full power (software controls all active by default) available just after start up before at least 40C lubricant mechanical transfer function lower temp limit? Tough motor!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mean I know my CLA45.. it does not feel quick in the first 5 min of driving or so... after that, it hauls ass.. another thing is you can't engage launch control if the engine temperatures are cold.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Of course not, in the first 5 or so minutes your engine fuel intake is rich, higher idle rpm. after warm up time this enrichment is of and better combustion ratio. Electronic you are not able to race start if eng parameters are not good.
    Do you really want to try race start with a cold engine.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, but it wil ruin your engine. race start is the only thing you can not activate with cold engine and gearbox.. this is for dummies of course..

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links