a Kick/bang from bottom when come to a complete stop
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on a Kick/bang from bottom when come to a complete stop within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Enjoy very much my 2014 CLA45 AMG for the first 16K mile until recently I started feeling a strong kick or bang from the bottom ...

Thread: a Kick/bang from bottom when come to a complete stop

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Enjoy very much my 2014 CLA45 AMG for the first 16K mile until recently I started feeling a strong kick or bang from the bottom a second or so after I came to a complete stop. Brought it to the dealership for a trouble shooting and adviser there called me the next day to pick up the car and told me the kick is normal for this new transimmsion. I would never agree with his claim as if I felt this kick during my test drive I would surely not getting this AMG. And if this is normal how come I did not feel it since day one but after 16K miles. The kick is annoying and embarrassing for an AMG. Wondering anyone else has experienced this so called normal kick? It is sometimes strong and sometimes subtle. I think when my vehicle is on a flat surface the kick is subtle but rather strong when is on an angled surface.

god
    Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My '14 cla45 does the same thing, but it's more of a "bump" than a kick. I've never been quite certain what to attribute it to, and it's never really bothered me much. What does bother me are the 500 surround sound rattles transpiring on the stretch of road leading to the bump-stop.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie CC View Post
    Enjoy very much my 2014 CLA45 AMG for the first 16K mile until recently I started feeling a strong kick or bang from the bottom a second or so after I came to a complete stop. Brought it to the dealership for a trouble shooting and adviser there called me the next day to pick up the car and told me the kick is normal for this new transimmsion. I would never agree with his claim as if I felt this kick during my test drive I would surely not getting this AMG. And if this is normal how come I did not feel it since day one but after 16K miles. The kick is annoying and embarrassing for an AMG. Wondering anyone else has experienced this so called normal kick? It is sometimes strong and sometimes subtle. I think when my vehicle is on a flat surface the kick is subtle but rather strong when is on an angled surface.
    TCU replacement may be necessary

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    or try this, transmission | eBay.
    This procedure will reset the adaptive shifting points in your Mercedes-Benz automatic Transmission Control Unit (TCU). These simple do it yourself instructions take less than 5 minutes. No tools are required to perform this procedure and make your Mercedes-Benz shift like new. Try this if your car has been shifting sluggish recently. This will make your car fun to drive again, it’s like getting a free tune-up. This procedure applies to all Mercedes-Benz that come with the 5-speed 722.6 and 7 -speed 722.9. This is about 95% of Mercedes-Benz cars on the road today with the exception of models made before 1995. This reset procedure works on automatic transmission only.

Does this really work?
    Yes! The Engine Control Unit (ECU) monitors your driving habits. It records the driving style, usually by looking at the last 40 shift points and adjusts so the car shifts accordingly to your style. It does this by monitoring different sensors such as the throttle or the gas pedal input and more. In other words, it learns your driving style. If you race your Mercedes-Benz, it will remember that and keep the gearbox in gear longer. If you drive it gently, it will adapt to that as well and change gears earlier.

Procedure Reset Transmission Adaptive Learning DIY
    Turn the key to position 2. You should see all the dash lights come on. Do NOT start the car. Position II: You should hear two clicks and all your dash lights should turn on. Do not start the engine. mercedes-benz-1036353_640
    Press the gas pedal all the way. By pressing the accelerator pedal to the floor, you will activate the kick down switch. Keep the gas pedal pressed all the way to down. gas pedal
    Wait. Continue to keep the gas pedal pressed for at least 10 seconds. stopwatch
    Turn key to OFF, position 0. Don’t remove the key. Some models may need the key to be removed.key in ignition
    Release the gas pedal.release gas pedal
    Wait 2 minutes. During this process, key is left in the ignition in the OFF position.mercedes-benz-1036355_1920
    Start the car and drive.
    Once you perform this procedure the Engine Control Unit (ECU) and Transmission Control Unit (TCU) will work together to learn how you drive by monitoring your driving pattern. After you follow this programing method of the TCU / ECU drive the car for 15 min. Do not race the car, unless that’s how you plan on driving all the time. You should have a transmission that shifts smooth and normal. You may feel like you have a new transmission!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    @Capt Torch
    Our gearboxes are type 724.xxx ... and there have been some debates as to whether the established automatic gearbox procedures are applicable to dual clutch systems.
    Of course ... should not hurt to give it a try? 😊

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by god View Post
    My '14 cla45 does the same thing, but it's more of a "bump" than a kick. I've never been quite certain what to attribute it to, and it's never really bothered me much. What does bother me are the 500 surround sound rattles transpiring on the stretch of road leading to the bump-stop.

you feel this bump since day one you drive the vehicle or until you put on some mileages?

god
    Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie CC View Post
    you feel this bump since day one you drive the vehicle or until you put on some mileages?
    My 45 was CPO 1 year young w/ 14k miles. Bump has occurred since day one.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the kick too but not anything that influence the car speed approaching to a dead stop. You might feel alittle bit, maybe due to the weird kick noise that gives me a false sense of it. I've been hacking this since day 1,now my car is at 3400 miles 2017 CLA45 AMG

• Sponsored Links