Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Asian Emperor Damaged! Panic time?!

This is a discussion on Asian Emperor Damaged! Panic time?! within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; I have some horrible news this morning when I read this article. The Asian Emperor carrying 800 + cars from Germany received extensive damage to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Asian Emperor Damaged! Panic time?!

Member #

I have some horrible news this morning when I read this article.

The Asian Emperor carrying 800 + cars from Germany received extensive damage to the bottom decks while travelling across the Atlantic.

The cargo on the bottom halls broke loose and damage occurred.

Halifax Shipping News: Asian Emperor Damaged

MY CAR IS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, from the news article I have read, there might be some BMWs damaged, but no news on the Mercedes on board. (Edit: Black Mercedes Cargo Vans were damaged)

From what I can tell with my bill of landing. There are 800 Mercedes on the ship at least with 10 being CLA 45 AMG.

If anyone else has cars on the ship, I advise you call your dealer immediately for a report. I'm about to do so myself!

Also, if anyone gets any information pertaining to this, please post immediately.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 2nastie; 02-20-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    2014 CLA 45 AMG // Calcite White // Black Red-Cut

Options: Premium Package w/ Panoramic Roof / AMG Exclusive Package / AMG Night Package /
    AMG Multi-Spoke Matte Black 19's / AMG Performance Exhaust / Parktronic / Media Interface / designo Red Seat Belts

Order Date: March, 2013 // Production Date: January 20th, 2014 // Delivery Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2014!

Member #
    Oh man this is awful. Best of luck.

Member #
    If anyone has some eyes and ears in the Halifax, perhaps you can take a peak on the Autoport to see if my baby is there... in one piece

Options: Premium Package w/ Panoramic Roof / AMG Exclusive Package / AMG Night Package /
    AMG Multi-Spoke Matte Black 19's / AMG Performance Exhaust / Parktronic / Media Interface / designo Red Seat Belts

Order Date: March, 2013 // Production Date: January 20th, 2014 // Delivery Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2014!

Member #
    Update from digging around:

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Anybody else at Bremerhaven?

Over 1000 vehicles received damage... :O!!!!

c63
    Member #
    Holy cow man! Hope yours is ok. Reminds me when a carrier sunk with 08 E92 M3 right when they came out.

Member #
    Crazy story, hope your 45 is safe. If not the captain should be executed!
    Previous Cars:
    2003 VW Jetta 1.8T
    2007 VW GTI 2.0
    2010 VW GTI 2.0

Member #
    this was posted on one of the bmw forums don't know how accurate it is (*update* i see you linked this as well)

My CA has received an updated list of vehicles that sustained damage on the Asian Emperor. He said the total number of vehicles damaged is 1,068. However, the total number of BMW vehicles damaged is 689. This leaves some hope for those of you in the East Coast.

There is also one other thing my CA mentioned. He said that BMW is trying to coordinate a payload transfer, which, essentially, allows for vehicles that have not been damaged to be moved aboard the Turandot. The problem with this is that the space is limited to the amount of vehicles being unloaded in Halifax. So, there will still be some that will have to remain on the Asian Emperor until it is fixed, or until the next ship arrives to port.

This is very unfortunate. I found out two days ago that my vehicle was among those who suffered irreparable damage. I really hope all of your cars are safe. And for those of you who are in my position (which you will find out soon enough), I wish you the best and I hope you get the car you were waiting for some day.

I will no longer be checking VINs as my CA has been overwhelmed with inquiries and he is starting to get a little nervous as the information provided by BMW has not yet been made public.

I even asked him to provide me with a copy of his master list so that I could make it public, but he refused for fear of reprisals.

I hope your CAs are as transparent as mine has been throughout this ordeal. I wish you all the very best.
    from that story it sounds like the majority of vehicles damaged were bmw and that there was indeed other vehicles that survived without issue. best of luck.
    Last edited by lostmotiv; 02-20-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: correction
    CLA 45 ///AMG Edition 1

Other Cars: Subaru Wrx, Acura Rsx

Member #
    yikes!!!
    CLA 45 AMG
    Http://www.renatoramosjr.com
    New Orleans LA

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
    I almost did an auto-delete to this thread from the splash-page based on this title! Hahahaha...

Wow, tough luck with that. I hope all works out. Please keep us updated accordingly. Crazy!
    • '94 NSX 6spd. | Berlina Black - Onyx
    • '02 MR-2 Spyder | Solar Yellow - Black
    • '03 911 Targa | Lapis Blue - Grey
    • '08 Accord LX-L | Polished Metal Metallic - Graphite
    • '14 CLA250 | Northern Lights Violet - Brown Nut [Summer-2014]

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
    I have some horrible news this morning when I read this article.

The Asian Emperor carrying 800 + cars from Germany received extensive damage to the bottom decks while travelling across the Atlantic.

The cargo on the bottom halls broke loose and damage occurred.

Halifax Shipping News: Asian Emperor Damaged

MY CAR IS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, from the news article I have read, there might be some BMWs damaged, but no news on the Mercedes on board. (Edit: Black Mercedes Cargo Vans were damaged)

From what I can tell with my bill of landing. There are 800 Mercedes on the ship at least with 10 being CLA 45 AMG.

If anyone else has cars on the ship, I advise you call your dealer immediately for a report. I'm about to do so myself!

Also, if anyone gets any information pertaining to this, please post immediately.

Thanks!
    If your dealership suddenly offers to sell you your 45 at a discount - you know why Just kidding. Hope all is well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links