Mercedes CLA Forum banner

CarBuyer UK review of CLA 180

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Rocket88 
#1 ·
I've always had a lot of time for what Mat Watson has to say about cars and I find his reviews on CarBuyer particularly illuminating.

Which is why I am slightly concerned after watching his review of the CLA 180:

What do you guys think about what he has to say?

#3 ·
If he's finding that the "comfort suspension" to be firm, it really concerns me that every North American model will get the "sport" suspension. I like a sporty suspension just as much as the next guy but on my daily commute I drive 20 miles each way, and I really don't want to feel worn out or beat up after every drive.

What's funny is that if I test drive the CLA and find it too firm to my liking, I'll likely switch to a BMW 328i with a DHP package (adjustable suspension). It's funny because essentially I'd be running to BMW for a more luxurious ride, not a sporty ride. Most people do it for the opposite reason. That's a shame, because I think the CLA is a much better looking car and I really don't want to be grouped into the whole BMW "driver" category. I don't like following the herd.

#6 ·
I have a cla 180 amg sport in white. It looks fantastic, the ride is firm bit not unpleasant. The rear headroom is just ok. The only thing I don't like us that its slightly underpowered. I'm trying to source a performance chip that would take the hp closer to the 156 of the a200 which has the same engine.

#8 ·
I am pleasantly surprised with my 220 CDI AMG Sport. The hybrid run flats are much better than the BMW run flats. The ride in my opinion is form but the bumps get soaked up by the suspension very successfully. I have found that even after two hours hard driving I do not feel fatigued in anyway.

Try driving a Mini Cooper S, rock hard bone shaker with zero comfort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.