Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Whats the difference between 180 & 200

99K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Giannifl 
#1 · (Edited)
What exactly is the difference between the 180 / 200 engine?

(How is the extra 30 HP accumulated)

#6 ·
The model numbers doesn't directly translate to horse power. CLA 250 doesn't have 250hp.

Also there can be difference in gas vs diesel.

as far as I know, CLA 180 is the one with least drag coefficient in the world, while CLA250 a notch behind Prius ( I know..sad :( )...

#7 ·
drag coefficient? is that a good thing? lol
Does the CLA 180 come with the LED tail lights? I am waiting on mine to arrive ordered it in Egypt, live in the US, lol
Anyway i want the LED so bad!
Also can someone sheed some light on the original question? Whats the difference between 180 & 200????
It is really just the chip?

#13 ·
Yea I ordered it in Egypt, still waiting on first CLA 180 shipment to arrive, they never gave me options really, They did offer the CLA 200 but didnt wanna pay the extra $$$.
Anyway im trying to buy parts from here before going back, so the LED taillights, the illumination star, the black rims, cost less in the US.
Thanks for all the advice guys!!!

PS: the CLA 180 ships from the UK

#17 ·
No, we're just wise asses. Carry on.

Reactions: Bahn and Yoshi
#18 ·
There is an Italian Mercedes Benz app with all he differences between the multiple CLA models, starting with engines, number of exhaust tips, grille options and so on. For those in countries where MB offers more options is a good tool. Here in the USA we get only gasoline engines and the least powerful one is 208 hp and from there on is the AMG.

#22 ·
As I've said before Mercedes badging used to make sense. A 450SEL used to mean 4.5Liter displacement S for Super class or Sport E for Einspritzer or fuel injected and L for Long. Now it's arbitrary. CLA class A class B class C class E class and S class. The alpha-numeric can mean anything. The rules are loosely defined. I've heard they're changing it again as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.