Price difference between CLA 220 and CLA 250 worth it?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Price difference between CLA 220 and CLA 250 worth it? within the Mercedes-Benz CLA 220 CDI forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Based on the pricing I've seen there is quite a price jump between the CLA 220 and CLA 250. I'm wondering how everyone else feels ...

Thread: Price difference between CLA 220 and CLA 250 worth it?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Based on the pricing I've seen there is quite a price jump between the CLA 220 and CLA 250. I'm wondering how everyone else feels about it... I'm having a hard time telling myself that getting the 250 is worth the extra price difference.

Thoughts?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, from what I'm hearing, it looks like in Canada, 4matic will only be available with 250. If you live in Montreal such as my self, it makes the decision to go 250 a no-brainer. Just my 2 cents....

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTLcla View Post
    Well, from what I'm hearing, it looks like in Canada, 4matic will only be available with 250. If you live in Montreal such as my self, it makes the decision to go 250 a no-brainer. Just my 2 cents....
    I can see that rationale in bad weather areas... I live in Texas, our winters are mild so for me 4Matic may not be worth it. I guess I'll have to build and price the options and see what it ends up being. If the 250 has a lot more features standard that might account for part of the price difference as well.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think there is a definite market and depending on what the options are and what is standard the price difference MAY make it more attractive.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTLcla View Post
    Since its FWD there is no real need for 4matic in MTL. With good snows no problem...if it were 4matic vs. RWD then yes...for sure. That being said, we will only have the CLA250 here, with the CLA45 and 250 4matic as options.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Since its FWD there is no real need for 4matic in MTL. With good snows no problem...if it were 4matic vs. RWD then yes...for sure. That being said, we will only have the CLA250 here, with the CLA45 and 250 4matic as options.
    Stig, do you have any details about the CLA45 AMG?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chorizo View Post
    Stig, do you have any details about the CLA45 AMG?
    My rep said they have 1 reserved, deposit and everything. It will arrive shortly after the 4Matic which is scheduled for March-April 2014. The feeling I got after leaving the dealership is that they really have no solid information to go with, and this was a corporate owned Dealership not a privately owned one on top of it. They have no pricing, package or color options info yet either, only estimated shipping dates for the 3 Canadian model declinations

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is academic because the only powertrain for North America will be the same one I test drove in a B 250 a few weeks ago: the 250.
    2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 Manual
    2006 smart BRABUS Tailor Made Canada 1 cabriolet
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection
    2013 Ford Fiesta SE Manual

• Sponsored Links