Audi RS3 Sedan vs. Mercedes-AMG CLA45: By the Numbers
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Audi RS3 Sedan vs. Mercedes-AMG CLA45: By the Numbers within the Mercedes-Benz CLA News forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA News & Site News category; The Mercedes-AMG CLA45 has existed in a class by itself in the U.S. An all-wheel drive performance sedan boasting 375 horsepower from a turbocharged 2.0L ...

Thread: Audi RS3 Sedan vs. Mercedes-AMG CLA45: By the Numbers

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name:  rs3-cla45.jpg
Views: 14167
Size:  126.7 KB

The Mercedes-AMG CLA45 has existed in a class by itself in the U.S. An all-wheel drive performance sedan boasting 375 horsepower from a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder. There really hasn't been a direct competitor to it. But at the Paris Motor Show, Audi introduced the RS3 sedan. Boasting close to 400 horsepower and hitting 60 mph in a hair over 4 seconds, Audi is directly taking aim at the CLA45. Bill Malley reports from TorqueNews.com on Audi RS3Sedan vs. Mercedes-AMB CLA45.

We can't help but wonder which one is better. Of course, the best way to answer this is to pit both of them in a comparison test. But with the RS3 not due here in the U.S. till next summer, we're going to be waiting quite a while for this answer. Instead, we're going to be doing some bench racing. Comparing the specs and performance figures of both models to see which one on paper is the better choice.

Power

We'll begin with the stalwart Mercedes-AMG CLA45. It boasts a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder producing 375 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque. Impressive figures for such a small displacement engine. Over at the Audi RS3, it comes with an all-new turbocharged 2.5L five-cylinder with 400 horsepower and 354 pound-feet of torque. Both engines come paired with seven-speed dual-clutch transmissions and all-wheel drive.

On paper, it seems the Audi has the advantage over the Mercedes. But when you take a look at the performance figures, it is a different story.

The Numbers

Let's begin with 0-60 mph times. Audi says the RS3 sedan will hit 60 mph in 4.1 seconds. With 25 more horsepower, it should leave the CLA45 in the dust. But the CLA45 hits 60 mph in 4.1 seconds, making for a dead heat. Run both models to their top speeds and the RS3 will pull away from the CLA45 - 174 vs. 167 mph. It should be noted these speeds can only be achieved if you opt for the performance packages. The standard models are limited to 155 mph.
    Always do good to others.
    Mercedes Benz TorqueNews

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like the rs3 hatchback. Gotta admit this RS3 sedan looks good. But I'm a Mercedes fanboy . Love my 2017 cla45. In my opinions, better interior and exterior, and look more sporty.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savatha View Post
    I don't like the rs3 hatchback. Gotta admit this RS3 sedan looks good. But I'm a Mercedes fanboy . Love my 2017 cla45. In my opinions, better interior and exterior, and look more sporty.
    Thats a no brainer 😋

• Sponsored Links