VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box

This is a discussion on VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box within the CLA Performance forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hello all, Just a quick update.. I finally decided to do the ECU upgrade from VR Racing. First impressions. (No Box). just unit, harness in ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Red face VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box

Hello all,
    Just a quick update.. I finally decided to do the ECU upgrade from VR Racing. First impressions. (No Box). just unit, harness in a ziplock bag in a plain shipping box. Instructions are online on their web site.

Install was easy, 10 minutes to install 5 min, waiting for the car to sit as per directions. Took it out for a short test drive and WOW! The Car turned into a beast. driving in Eco mode was like OEM sport mode. When you put it in Sport Mode, that's when you really notice the difference. especially between 3rd and 4th gear. Got my CLA to 100 MPH and I was only in 5th gear.

I'm also using a pedal commander to modify pedal response time and it works great in conjunction with it. (Thanks Eric, for the advise).. tried running the Pedal Commander in off position and there was too much lag. so turned it back on in sport mode (yellow led).

I unfortunately ran out of road so i still haven't tried it in standard mode but I'll report back with my findings. So far I'm loving it. I enclosed a pic of finished install and where I mounted the unit. HAve any questions, drop me a note.

Thanks!
    Dionisio~

Name:  output.jpg.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  803.3 KB
    Picard likes this.
    CLA 250, Cirrus White, Tan MB-Tex, premium 1 package, multimedia package, sport package, Xeon's, Rear spoiler Illuminated Star,Illuminated door sills, Dash Cam, Turbo Kits bov, VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box, Pedal Commander, Exhaust Modified. Cquartz Finest Applied.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm curious how it will affect the ECU when you bring it into the dealer. I know you would pull it out prior to bringing it in, but they should be able to detect something with their computers.. So tempted to get it, but I'm on a lease.

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geedragonnn View Post
    I'm curious how it will affect the ECU when you bring it into the dealer. I know you would pull it out prior to bringing it in, but they should be able to detect something with their computers.. So tempted to get it, but I'm on a lease.
    Was at dealer 2 days after install, removed box before service, and had them do Nav update and they perform usual 21 point inspection. I even had then hook up to car to ensure I had the latest transmission software. After service, nothing was mentioned. got my car back and off I went. Hope this answers your question.
    tmwei396 likes this.
    CLA 250, Cirrus White, Tan MB-Tex, premium 1 package, multimedia package, sport package, Xeon's, Rear spoiler Illuminated Star,Illuminated door sills, Dash Cam, Turbo Kits bov, VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box, Pedal Commander, Exhaust Modified. Cquartz Finest Applied.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dionisio944 View Post
    Was at dealer 2 days after install, removed box before service, and had them do Nav update and they perform usual 21 point inspection. I even had then hook up to car to ensure I had the latest transmission software. After service, nothing was mentioned. got my car back and off I went. Hope this answers your question.
    If you don't mind me asking how much was it for the Nav update?
    Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Pedal Commander, TurboKits Billet BOV spacer,
    Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
    Daily driver: 2015 Silver Mazda 3s Touring Hatchback, 6-speed manual transmission

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwei396 View Post
    Sorry to bud in here ... though recently a local dealer said $289 for software and pin code ... presuming I
    load it up myself (and presuming my comand firmware is up to date) ... else it's like add an hour of labor
    so tack on ~$100?
    Also saw ebay has a $269 deal for software and pin code.
    Either way it's a 2015 copyright for a 2016 release ... I think I will wait for the next one as so far the 2013/14
    data is working pretty well ... just have to ignore the very occasional "turn left into a jungle" direction. 8-)
    tmwei396 likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Sorry to bud in here ... though recently a local dealer said $289 for software and pin code ... presuming I
    load it up myself (and presuming my comand firmware is up to date) ... else it's like add an hour of labor
    so tack on ~$100?
    Either way it's a 2015 copyright for a 2016 release ... I think I will wait for the next one as so far the 2013/14
    data is working pretty well ... just have to ignore the very occasional "turn left into a jungle" direction. 8-)
    So how is the update done if I were to do it myself? Also, do you have a link to it on eBay? If I can update the firmware on my Mazda (which is a PITA) myself I'm sure I can do it on our CLA also.
    Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Pedal Commander, TurboKits Billet BOV spacer,
    Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
    Daily driver: 2015 Silver Mazda 3s Touring Hatchback, 6-speed manual transmission

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box

So how is the update done if I were to do it myself? Also, do you have a link to it on eBay? If I can update the firmware on my Mazda (which is a PITA) myself I'm sure I can do it on our CLA also.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/122479510992

Confirmed the $269 includes update and pin (he will use our vin to get it on our behalf)

Its not discs anymore the media is dumped onto a usb drive and supposedly the install is from that

Updating comand firmware needs a piece of hardware+software its not done via dvd nor obd2 nor usb (one way of milking us?)
    tmwei396 likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    so tack on ~$100?
    It was 289 + tax. nothing extra. dealer was Ray Catena Mercedes Edison, NJ.
    tmwei396 likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    tmwei396 likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dionisio944 View Post
    Thanks.

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links