Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

The Illuminated Star

This is a discussion on The Illuminated Star within the CLA Exterior Styling forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; I'm wondering if this will be available for the CLA? On a dark colored car, the star would surely stand out and make in impact. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SCgrad98
  • 1 Post By Sue Esponte

Thread: The Illuminated Star

Member #

The Illuminated Star

I'm wondering if this will be available for the CLA? On a dark colored car, the star would surely stand out and make in impact. My first impression was, "Wow, that's so cool!" Then I thought about it a little longer and now I'm not sure of it says "classy" or "cheesey?" What do you think?

The Illuminated Star Car Accessories from Mercedes-Benz

If it will be available for the CLA, I wonder what it would cost? Illuminated door sills are around $700 USD when added on afterwards, I'm guessing the star will be about half that - since there's one star and two illuminated door sills. Perhaps we shall see in a few months?
    TheGap likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
    And it's your opportunity to announce to the world: "This is my Mercedes-Benz!"
    That was my first thought before even reading their description. It's kind of neat but it is pure bling and probably a little over the top for my taste. I want my car to look a certain way for me; not to pretentiously scream, "Hey, look at what I've got..." Maybe it won't be as out there in person. I'd want to see it in person first before making a decision. Just off of the website? No.

-Eric
    TheGap likes this.
    Click to check out my pics or follow me on IG!

Member #
    Very interesting this illuminated star, I will go to the MB dealer tomorrow and check if this is possible in the Netherlands for the CLA

BR
    Ajax777

Member #
    Yeah, I don't know. I'd definitely want an option to turn it off. There are certain times it's just not good to flaunt.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by FFARL View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. I'd definitely want an option to turn it off. There are certain times it's just not good to flaunt.
    I completely agree. For me, purchasing mostly depends on price (if it's worth it) and how the illuminated star functions. I definitely want to be able to turn it off.

Member #
    Pretty nice feature to have added to the car. I would have to see it in person to make a decision first.
    BAADMON

Member #
    I agree with all of you. I love the concept but I'll need to see the 500 dollar option working first. Day and night. It can end up being as "tasteful" as adding 22" chrome spinners to the CLA

Member #
    I think its cheesy. I thought about getting it at first, but I will look like a teenager buying his first mercedes. so a no-go option for me
    2014 Lexus IS250 F-sport - ultra white/rioja red - new baby
    2014 CLA250 - Cirrus White/black - arriving in ........ weeks. (It's behind schedule) - decided to cancel my order
    2013 Smart Fortwo Passion Coupe - White/design red - little head turner
    2000 Lexus GS400 Platinum Series - gold/tan - modded - GONE but not forgotten!
    2002 Lexus RX300 - gold/tan - comfy car to haul stuffs from Costco

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SCgrad98 View Post
    I'm wondering if this will be available for the CLA? On a dark colored car, the star would surely stand out and make in impact. My first impression was, "Wow, that's so cool!" Then I thought about it a little longer and now I'm not sure of it says "classy" or "cheesey?" What do you think?

The Illuminated Star Car Accessories from Mercedes-Benz

If it will be available for the CLA, I wonder what it would cost? Illuminated door sills are around $700 USD when added on afterwards, I'm guessing the star will be about half that - since there's one star and two illuminated door sills. Perhaps we shall see in a few months?
    It's listed as $480 (US).
    Note - it can't be installed on cars with DISTRONIC or DISTRONIC PLUS.
    Alex

2014 CLA 250, Polar Silver (Sport, Premium, Multi-Media, Driver Asst., Bi-Xenon, Spoiler)
    2010 GLK 350, Dark Blue

Gone but not forgotten:
    1970 Datsun 240Z

Links