Mercedes CLA Forum banner

First chip on my paint :(

7K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Andy_R 
#1 ·
My son has opened the door and hit a bicycle in the garage .... :(

Rim Vehicle door Automotive exterior Photography Bumper

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Don't sweat it, two weeks after I got the car an old couple on an escalade dented the rear quarter panel, that is now the reason why I don't park near buicks, Cadillacs or GM products, people seem to believe the doors are wings or something. A month ago a rock hit my windshield. In the end is just another car, no one will notice. Just make sure it doesn't rust.

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum

#7 ·
Totally fixable!

Get the paint match from the dealer, buy a high quality paint brush with a VERY small tip. Get a steady hand and fill it.

If you really want to blend it, polish it with a orange pad and M105 or M205 and finish with a high quality finish polis and blue hex pad.

It will take you a total of 5 min to touch it...let it cure and polishing it only takes a few minutes and you won't be able to even see it!

Andy

Andy

AMG's Owned: CLA45, C63, C55, C43

MERC's Owned: G320, GL450, C230 Kompressor, 300E.

Reactions: Bahn
#10 ·
If you really want to blend it, polish it with a orange pad and M105 or M205 and finish with a high quality finish polis and blue hex pad.
Can you elaborate on the polish method? Do I polish after I let it dry, or is this something I do beforehand? Not sure what M105 and M205 is, nor a blue hex pad. Could really use the help, I also need to repair a rock ding in my front end.

#8 ·
Before...
Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper

After
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

Before and after on the GL...

Andy

Reactions: Rbanda
#9 ·
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Vehicle Car

Vehicle door Yellow Product Light Automotive exterior

Andy

#14 ·
Technology Audio equipment Electronics Microphone

This is a good dummy proof orbital.

Product Liquid Room Material property Tire

I use all three from right to left...
First 205 - orange
Then 9 - green
Then finisher - blue

Hex pads shown on left of pic.

Andy

Reactions: Pete
#19 ·
Good name to have...if you ever see a guy with a oil paint brush at a dealership fixing rock chips...get his number...always good to have!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.