Mercedes CLA Forum banner

I just changed the door pins for my CLA and the REAR!!!

112K views 191 replies 92 participants last post by  ohmygodoui 
#1 ·
Before I saw somebody say that to change the rear door pins have to "remove" the whole rear door, but today after I installed the front door pin, I try to use the same way to screw the rear ugly pin, IT WORKS!!:wink:

FYI: The rear door pin size same as front one.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
ill go down to the dealer and try to rip the door pins off to confirm. haha.. but yes i agree can another person confirm you can just screw it off like the front ones? I'm surprised no one else tried this. Perhaps the OP got a special car that screws off... heh

#10 ·
that could be dangerous.. what happens if you car goes on fire or if you drive into a lake and need to get out fast.

Are merecede doors like BMW's where if you pull on the door lever twice it unlocks?? or is the only way to unlock manually is to pull the ugly plastic door pin? If that's the case the flat flush door pins are quite dangerous. Are the stock OEM Amg Door pins also flush?

#17 ·
Which item or seller did you go through? Did you buy both sets same size to fit front and back? Wonder if the 4 packs of AMG or brushed metal that have tall pins and short pins would work? Would love some feedback. I get my delivery early next month and want tot be prepared and want to put order in

#27 ·
In every car that I've owned the operation of unlocking the door when pulling the inside handle is a purely mechanical one, not electrical. I really doubt Mercedes' is different. Someone go pull the battery and check :)

#28 ·
From the CLA250 manual:

X To unlock a front door: pull door handle ;.
Locking knob : pops up.
The door is unlocked and can be opened.
X To open a front door: pull door handle ;.
X To unlock a rear door: pull up locking knob :.
The door is unlocked and can be opened.
X To open a rear door: pull door handle ;.

Someone check me but I believe the OEM pin part numbers are 0007660228 for the front doors and 0007660328 for the rears. The rears are longer.

If you are looking for aftermarket door pins, it might be a good idea to find a set that has longer pins for the rear. This would allow you to be able to grab the pin when you need to unlock the rear doors. eBay has several versions available. It appears a set similar to eBay item no. 200975066641 would work. I can't verify since my CLA is on order. Your mileage may vary.

#29 ·
I think the C class use 2 long and 2 shot pins (click the link below), unlike the CLA use all 4 long pins (you can see my pic on Page1).

and I guess for safety you can just pull the handle to open the locked door physically even without the power. (at least I tried the driver's door can, you can't pull the handle and press the locking pops down at the same time)

Genuine Mercedes Benz Door Pin Lock Knob Plastic Front Rear Set W204 C250 | eBay

#30 ·
Yea, the front doors shouldn't be a concern. The pins can fit flush when locked. There might be a problem with the rear since you can't just pull the handle and the door unlocks. From what I understand, you have to pull up the door pin on the rear door to manually unlock. If this is true, then you need a longer pin on the rear so you can get a grip on it. Is this correct?

#31 ·
There are a number of after-market sources providing chrome replacement pins for all 4 doors. I would expect that those sets would gave longer pins for the rear. The M-B set with AMG Logo even says it's just for front doors (probably because of the length but also the grip issue). Check out some other sources: Carlsson; VATH;...

#35 ·
Mine came in the mail this morning, it was a breeze to install, overall time was about 10 minutes. The installation for all fours doors are the same, the rear requires longer pins if you want your passengers to be able to pull the pin up. Since no one really sits in my backseat i decided to forgo the longer pins. Apologize for the huge photos

How the box looks like

all four pins

pretty much the only tool you'll need

not the best photo but heres the comparison of the two pins

before

after

#37 ·
The pliers are used to remove the OEM plastic pins. From what I understand it is very difficult if not impossible to remove all 4 pins by hand only. If you think that you might want to reuse the original plastic pins at any point, add some tape to the pliers to protect the plastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.