Vediamo / Xentry (DAS) - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Vediamo / Xentry (DAS)

This is a discussion on Vediamo / Xentry (DAS) within the CLA Maintenance / Care / Detailing forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by Liliflower Star diagnosis DAS/Xentry will access to all Mercedes-Benz all control units and does lots of amazing features (rear SAM retrofit, disable ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vediamo / Xentry (DAS)

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliflower View Post
    Star diagnosis DAS/Xentry will access to all Mercedes-Benz all control units and does lots of amazing features (rear SAM retrofit, disable DRLs, activate DVD in motion etc) both online and offline coding are available, but need to pick up the right DAS/XENTRY version.
    @jmc offline programming openly available interfaces and software, look at here, no need extra subscription

SD Connect C4 2012.11V DAS/XENTRY with offline programming database

and this one adds Dell laptop with all software pre-installed

BTW, offline works Mercedes model pre-2009

welcome send PM if you need more info.
    i finally took the online version 2015.12, ok so far

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaura View Post
    i finally took the online version 2015.12, ok so far
    Any luck with basic adapts like activating startup needle sweep??

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliflower View Post
    Star diagnosis DAS/Xentry will access to all Mercedes-Benz all control units and does lots of amazing features (rear SAM retrofit, disable DRLs, activate DVD in motion etc) both online and offline coding are available, but need to pick up the right DAS/XENTRY version.
    @jmc offline programming openly available interfaces and software, look at here, no need extra subscription

SD Connect C4 2012.11V DAS/XENTRY with offline programming database

and this one adds Dell laptop with all software pre-installed

BTW, offline works Mercedes model pre-2009

welcome send PM if you need more info.
    Hi -

Just recently joined these forums after picking up a 2017 CLA250. I come from the BMW world where coding is second nature to most of us enthusiasts. I see that things are similar here except there doesn't seem to be as many people coding their cars like we do over there. Its a little surprising given what we can be done with our cars. Here's a list of what we could do over there, and i assume most of these things are do-able here as well: DVD-in-motion, fold up mirrors, remove start-up disclaimers, disable the dreaded ECO mode (called A.S.S in BMW world), change engine sounds, remove light flicker when switching to LEDs (warm/code diagnostics). Delete the amber side light/markets with low-beam, adjust brightness of interior LEDs, enable hidden features like Easy Entry, TPM info, M-startup animations, etc...

The one thing that surprises me (if i'm reading all the info correctly on "MB coding"), is that the MB Star Diagnostics / Xentry / DAS only runs on specific hardware? i.e. Dell 630 Laptop. Not sure, but it seems like pre-set hard-drives are sold with all the software loaded on there, and its geared to a specific type of laptop. So does this mean we can't run Xentry/DAS on Win8 or Win10?

I just signed up for an MHH Auto account so that i can get more info and start downloading stuff. Is there a better place to get the SW? I know some of the links you mentioned are dead, and some of the other MB Star blog sites no longer have the links to the software either (dead or long removed).

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
    Hi -

Just recently joined these forums after picking up a 2017 CLA250. I come from the BMW world where coding is second nature to most of us enthusiasts. I see that things are similar here except there doesn't seem to be as many people coding their cars like we do over there. Its a little surprising given what we can be done with our cars. Here's a list of what we could do over there, and i assume most of these things are do-able here as well: DVD-in-motion, fold up mirrors, remove start-up disclaimers, disable the dreaded ECO mode (called A.S.S in BMW world), change engine sounds, remove light flicker when switching to LEDs (warm/code diagnostics). Delete the amber side light/markets with low-beam, adjust brightness of interior LEDs, enable hidden features like Easy Entry, TPM info, M-startup animations, etc...

The one thing that surprises me (if i'm reading all the info correctly on "MB coding"), is that the MB Star Diagnostics / Xentry / DAS only runs on specific hardware? i.e. Dell 630 Laptop. Not sure, but it seems like pre-set hard-drives are sold with all the software loaded on there, and its geared to a specific type of laptop. So does this mean we can't run Xentry/DAS on Win8 or Win10?

I just signed up for an MHH Auto account so that i can get more info and start downloading stuff. Is there a better place to get the SW? I know some of the links you mentioned are dead, and some of the other MB Star blog sites no longer have the links to the software either (dead or long removed).
    You can use VMware versions to run under Win7,8,10. It's the "SDConnect" interface box that's the kicker.
    Also seems to older Xentry versions have more stuff that users can do without accessing the DE servers to
    get authorization.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    You can use VMware versions to run under Win7,8,10. It's the "SDConnect" interface box that's the kicker.
    Also seems to older Xentry versions have more stuff that users can do without accessing the DE servers to
    get authorization.
    Thanks! There seems to be a ton of different VMware software products. Can you point to the specific one that can be used for Win8? Or better yet, if you have a link... Thanks!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Thanks! There seems to be a ton of different VMware software products. Can you point to the specific one that can be used for Win8? Or better yet, if you have a link... Thanks!
    VMplayer under Win8 should work to run any version. Doubt there may be a link ... maybe you will get lucky on MHH but be aware some VM setups are >100GB (!!)
    There are some cheap VM based packages you can buy on the net ... though get the hardware+software kits ... trying to marry sw from one and hw from another site is a real pain.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's the "SDConnect" interface box that's the kicker. Also seems to older Xentry versions have more stuff that users can do without accessing the DE servers to
    get authorization.
    Ha. With the BMWs it was just a ENET/ODB-II cable that you could pick up for $10 off Ebay to get started doing simple FDL coding.

Seems like with this SD Connect dongle, and the online auth service, MB designed the system like this to dissuade the the rank-and-file enthusiast from casual coding. Its ridiculous what they are asking for a simple one-time coding session login.

What version of Xentry are you running that allows you to do mostly all the coding you wanna do, but do it _offline_ ?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    VMplayer under Win8 should work to run any version. Doubt there may be a link ... maybe you will get lucky on MHH but be aware some VM setups are >100GB (!!)
    There are some cheap VM based packages you can buy on the net ... though get the hardware+software kits ... trying to marry sw from one and hw from another site is a real pain.
    Dayum... thats a lot of HDD space. Wtf. Seems like you've been thru hell and back getting it all sorted out :-) The Dell D630 laptops are pretty cheap now (~$89 loaded with XP SP3 and with 100GB HDD), so i'm not opposed to putting this together, but there are some pre-configured setups that include the Dell laptop that are around $600-$700 that comes with the SD Connect C4, along with all the misc cables, etc.. The only problem I see is this online auth thing. Its still fuzzy in my mind what features need to get DE auth and what can be done offline, and i don't wanna spend all that $$$ until i'm sure what i'm getting for it.

For my Beemer, it was mostly fun, silly, and cosmetic stuff - enable DVD in motion, turn up mirrors when turn off car, turn off radio and slide seat back when open the door, turn off disclaimers and seat belt warnings, etc... I don't know that even $600 is worth all that, esp if you gotta pay $50 for every coding session.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Ha. With the BMWs it was just a ENET/ODB-II cable that you could pick up for $10 off Ebay to get started doing simple FDL coding.

Seems like with this SD Connect dongle, and the online auth service, MB designed the system like this to dissuade the the rank-and-file enthusiast from casual coding. Its ridiculous what they are asking for a simple one-time coding session login.

What version of Xentry are you running that allows you to do mostly all the coding you wanna do, but do it _offline_ ?
    I have a Mar2014 delivery so I have been using Jul2014 and Mar2015 Xentry to keep an eye on the car.
    Without online coding access can't really do too much (good thing and a bad thing) though I can cycle
    through all the diagnostics etc. The CLA is under Xentry (not DAS) so things like DVDnMotion take an
    act of congress. Another member (RichardMerc) got startup needle sweep to work for his 250 though
    he is using a different version and I can't find that option in mine. That's how it is for now ... though I
    mainly use the system to get before/after test logs so any dealer visits are transparent, and run system
    checks once in a while as preventive medicine for these computers-on-wheels we have these days.

Have yet to get the CLA to respond under DAS (vs Xentry) ... some folks have used DAS on the W204 C
    to change engine management ... and DAS certainly has more stuff to play with vs Xentry ... though at
    dealers their Xentry is just as restrictive ... until they whip out the online access card.

BMW and VW aftermarket system access is indeed more open compared to Benz ... though if we keep
    this thread alive long enough for someone who has some tricks to share you never know we just might
    be able to play with engine management someday ... 8-)

As for online access I saw a 1 month access pass somewhere ... about $200 or so ... but I think I will wait
    till I have a laundry list to make good use of that. BTW DVDnMotion aftermarket fix (via some online
    vendors) is also about $200 ... so that 1 month access doesn't look so bad??

Personally, the few hundred to get something up and running is a little fun but more peace of mind.
    Hope you find a kit you like.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    it's possible to do:

-start up Loop
    -AMG Menu unlock on normal 180,200,250,250 CLA

Mercedes Nachrüstungen, Reperaturen und Coding - amg menü

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links