Nanoskin auto scrub wash mitt
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Nanoskin auto scrub wash mitt within the CLA Maintenance / Care / Detailing forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Anyone used this product before? Looks like something useful to "clay" the car while washing it. Reviews appear to be good. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00DOS..._1446523488242...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nanoskin auto scrub wash mitt

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Anyone used this product before? Looks like something useful to "clay" the car while washing it. Reviews appear to be good.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00DOS..._1446523488242
    Last edited by mav238; 11-02-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mav238 View Post
    Anyone used this product before? Looks like something useful to "clay" the car while washing it. Reviews appear to be good.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00DOS..._1446523488242
    Just ordered it from Amazon , receiving it this Friday. Will try it out on the weekend. Especially for the lower rocker panels.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was going to buy this or the CG clay mitt as well, but then I went to CG store in Toronto and they said I won't be needing a mitt since I don't wash a bunch of cars a day, a clay bar is good enough. It was also my first time using the clay bar as well and its pretty hard to drop it on the floor, but took me almost 2 hours to clay the whole car....

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just washed my car today after 2 weeks of winter rain. I used the nanoskin wash mitt to clean my lower panels and it worked like a dream. Just regular car shampoo works. Panels were as smooth as glass. Awesome product.

Member #
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    $42!!
    2015 CLA250 European Delivery
    Northern Lights Violet, MB Tex Beige, HID Lights, standard 5-spoke Wheels, Heated Seats, Power Passenger Front Seat, PARKTRONIC with Park Assist, Rearview Camera.
    Stablemates
    2009 smart fortwo Passion

See my European Delivery trip here:
    Spartacus' European Delivery Conquest
    and videos here :
    Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgd1JD1Tfho
    In depth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLYGVnjUBU

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    $42!!
    Well, at least I don't have to keep folding over and over again the clay bar to "renew it". And it has a much bigger working surface. And honestly, I did my whole car in 50% less time than with the clay bar. That in itself is worth the added cost.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mav238 View Post
    Well, at least I don't have to keep folding over and over again the clay bar to "renew it". And it has a much bigger working surface. And honestly, I did my whole car in 50% less time than with the clay bar. That in itself is worth the added cost.
    Did any fine scratches result from the nano (using a single white led point source to observe)?
    Just curious 😊

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Did any fine scratches result from the nano (using a single white led point source to observe)?
    Just curious
    Not that I can see with my eyes. Generally, if the scratches are significant enough, you should be able to see it with your eyes. If I had to use the single LED point source to pick out a fine scratch, its not an issue. Over the time of owning a car, you will inevitably pick up scatches from the environmental fallout anyway.

Plus, I don't wipe back and forth, rather in one single forward motion, and do a quick rinse of the mitt before reapplying. It is very effective, and unless the grit is stuck on hard, it generally should come off very easily with the mitt. It does not remove the wax or sealant, hence you can use it fairly regularly during your car wash. Hence, it should not require any laborious back and forth application of the mitt.

Member #
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Mav, you are lucky! Scratches do not appear as readily with white as they do with a black vehicle. I have clayed several cars and, unfortunately, the clay has slipped from my hand on to the floor . I just bought a clay pal which holds the clay in place but I will not have an opportunity until it is warmer, probably April at the earliest.

Clay Disc for the Polishin’ Pal enables you to clay without getting clay residue or lubricant on your hands. One side of the disc has hook & loop

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 07SGT View Post
    Mav, you are lucky! Scratches do not appear as readily with white as they do with a black vehicle. I have clayed several cars and, unfortunately, the clay has slipped from my hand on to the floor . I just bought a clay pal which holds the clay in place but I will not have an opportunity until it is warmer, probably April at the earliest.

Clay Disc for the Polishin’ Pal enables you to clay without getting clay residue or lubricant on your hands. One side of the disc has hook & loop
    Why do you have to wait until April? If you have a garage, you just need to have the car washed in an automatic touchless car wash , then use a lubricant product like Meguiar's and you can still clay bar the car in winter.

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links