Mercedes CLA Forum banner

From 208 HP to 241 HP without reflash, without chip, or without tuning.

7K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  07SGT 
#1 ·
On Wednesday 4 January I went from 208 HP to 241 HP without a reflash of the ECU, without a chip, without tuning, without changing the turbo, intercooler, etc.

#3 ·
Do tell!

#12 ·
Many correct answers and my compliments to JMC, as always, for remembering I bought the same CLA 250 twice (separation anxiety).

I talked to a MB salesman on Wednesday and he told me they had a huge sale and I said I have heard this before. He stated the owner stated they had to sell x number of cars that day in order to qualify for extra incentives from MB. I stated I had heard those type of come ons before also. But I told him I would listen. I ended trading in my 2015 CLA 250, MSRP of about 33 K and received 23 k in trade. That was the Kelly Blue Book Price and it is unusual that the dealership will give you that good of a trade.

Most people think they did pretty good if they receive 3-4% off MSRP. If you can receive 5-6% that is a very, very good deal. I received approximately 12.5% off MSRP !!!! Then I knew they were negotiating in good faith. No surprises, no hidden charges, etc. I leased a 2017 C 300, very well equipped.

I like the c class in that it is quieter (road noise) then the CLA but will miss the handling of the CLA 250.

I have a few items to sell if anyone is interested. In particular I have a new, in the package car cover for the CLA 250 AND the original carpeted floor mats from MB for the CLA 250. I see they are selling on E Bay for about 170.00 just for the mats. The cover was about 100.00. I will sell both for 120.00 which will include shipping at my expense (hence the 20.00) So in reality one is receiving the floor mats for free if they buy the cover. The floor mats are brand new as I immediately replaced them with the all weather floor mats and kept the original mats for later sale or trade-in.

It has been good to converse with so many on this site for the last 18 months. Good Luck to all!!!!

#13 ·
Many correct answers and my compliments to JMC, as always, for remembering I bought the same CLA 250 twice (separation anxiety).

I talked to a MB salesman on Wednesday and he told me they had a huge sale and I said I have heard this before. He stated the owner stated they had to sell x number of cars that day in order to qualify for extra incentives from MB. I stated I had heard those type of come ons before also. But I told him I would listen. I ended trading in my 2015 CLA 250, MSRP of about 33 K and received 23 k in trade. That was the Kelly Blue Book Price and it is unusual that the dealership will give you that good of a trade.

Most people think they did pretty good if they receive 3-4% off MSRP. If you can receive 5-6% that is a very, very good deal. I received approximately 12.5% off MSRP !!!! Then I knew they were negotiating in good faith. No surprises, no hidden charges, etc. I leased a 2017 C 300, very well equipped.

I like the c class in that it is quieter (road noise) then the CLA but will miss the handling of the CLA 250.
Just goes to show that sometimes it pays to consider what the dealer might be offering. It rarely hurts to listen.

Sounds like you got a great deal on a new C300!

Congratulations and enjoy it! Hang around and share pics. I'm sure plenty of us would love to see it!

-Eric

#14 ·
Thank you Eric. It seemed to be a serendipity moment. I was thinking of trading this spring for a White C Class w pano, LED lights, etc. I would be able to buy the vehicle that had been used as a loaner from the dealership. The sales person told me he could sell me a new vehicle at a better price. They also had several 2016 models but he stated he could actually sell the 2017 at a better price. I turned down the first offer, made them work harder then it was fill it with premium, throw in the floor mats and you have a deal! And I am so glad to be rid of BLACK. The black is truly beautiful when hand washed, polished and waxed but it did not last. Black is not a color, it is a part time job.

I will try to post pictures if able. Again, thank you for your kind words. There are a lot of good people on this site and several that are exceptionally knowledgeable. My knowledge and experience was from a former generation and I learned a lot from a few re the computer enhancements available today.

#18 ·
Good luck with the new wheels and stick around!

#27 ·
Sure the C-Class has 33 more HP but won't the added weight negate or at least take away some of that gain compared to the CLA?

#29 ·
Not just static mass ... rotating mass in longitudinal config has more parasitic loss ... especially for AWD so they had to tune in a little extra to compensate ... and the static mass add is not too trivial
But the C is a different machine for different use and feel

#30 ·
congrats on such a great deal. Don't forget to check in from time to time and let us know how the c goes for those who are looking at potentially upgrading in the future! Enjoy the little farts the car does in s mode too!

#31 ·
Well I HAD to get a C-coupe due to my dealer screwing up so bad on my CLA order. But I gotta say I'm not that disappointed. It rides really sporty but also smooth enough in comfort mode.

If you take a corner at high speed it does this back wheel drift thing to straighten you out quickly. It's pretty fun I must say. But only get a C coupe if you don't intend to use the back seats on a daily basis. I repeat DO NOT get if backseats are needed daily. (For a small child it's ok though)

Other than that it's a Cooool upgrade. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Mercedes-benz
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

#33 ·
I like the C class, but miss the CLA. Do not ever sell your CLA short, it is just different from other MB models. It has very good cornering abilities (.93 g) while others give more of a sporty, firm or luxury ride. I wish I could have kept the CLA also and already miss the gas mileage of the CLA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.