Cellphone integration? Similar to Apple and Android Auto? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Cellphone integration? Similar to Apple and Android Auto?

This is a discussion on Cellphone integration? Similar to Apple and Android Auto? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Looks like this accessory is for 2015 or newer with NTG5.1 ... so its similar to the dealer installs which some forum members (with newer ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cellphone integration? Similar to Apple and Android Auto?

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Looks like this accessory is for 2015 or newer with NTG5.1 ... so its similar to the dealer installs which some forum members (with newer cars) have done
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like Rallye Motors is a Mercedes Dealer. Pretty sure this is the same part that adds Car Play to the 2015

RSM
    Member #
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm bringing my car in for some work this week and have e-mailed the dealership to find out if this compatible with the 2014. It would be great if that is the case! I'll let you know today.
    -Favorite Cars-
    2014 CLA 250 4Matic, Polar Silver, Premium Package, Bi-Xenon Lights, Pano Roof, Blind Spot Assist, Burl Dash Insert. Comfort Suspension
    2014 CLA 250 FWD (traded in for Certified Pre-Owned AWD)
    2010 VW CC
    2004 VW Passat GLX-4motion
    2002 Subaru WRX
    1975 Saab 99GLE
    1971 Saab 99E

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I should have mentioned. It was an email tailored to my VIN, it had my VIN number at the bottom.
    I have a April 2015 build.
    Rallye is a reputable dealer, and my local dealer. I loved them, until I had one fallout about a software flash for my smart which they were charging upwards of $150 + for a 20 minute job. And it wasnt some accessory software flash. My smart would literally fail to shift out of reverse into drive several times. Try backing out of a driveway on a busy street and have that happen... but No, I have to pay for my safety. But I digress....Suffice to say, I don't want to call them and give them the upper hand...lol

Plus I got a little over a year left on my 3 year lease and only 8700 or so miles. I might end up having a dealer buyout my lease at a respectable price the way Im going with miles. (kow)
    Last edited by Spartacus; 01-09-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    2015 CLA250 European Delivery
    Northern Lights Violet, MB Tex Beige, HID Lights, standard 5-spoke Wheels, Heated Seats, Power Passenger Front Seat, PARKTRONIC with Park Assist, Rearview Camera.
    Stablemates
    2009 smart fortwo Passion

See my European Delivery trip here:
    Spartacus' European Delivery Conquest
    and videos here :
    Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgd1JD1Tfho
    In depth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLYGVnjUBU

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I should have mentioned. It was an email tailored to my VIN, it had my VIN number at the bottom.
    Rallye is a reputable dealer, and my local dealer. I loved them, until I had one fallout about a software flash for my smart which they were charging upwards of $150 + for a 20 minute job. And it wasnt some accessory software flash. My smart would literally fail to shift out of reverse into drive several times. Try backing out of a driveway on a busy street and have that happen... but No, I have to pay for my safety. But I digress....Suffice to say, I don't want to call them and give them the upper hand...lol

Plus I got a little over a year left on my 3 year lease and only 8700 or so miles. I might end up having a dealer buyout my lease at a respectable price the way Im going with miles. (kow)
    I will not count on that.

I am half way into my lease of 45 months and 27 000km, and the dealer offer me 23 000$..... The average price that i found on fews websites is around 28 and 32 for a 2014...

The residual price is 21 500$ at the end of the lease. So i will NOT buy it at the end..
    - Smart Fortwo 2006
    - Campagna T-Rex 2011
    - Mercedes CLA 250 4Matic 2014

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    You have the single dvd head unit yes? And you can play mp4 videos from a USB stick?

Member #
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    You have the single dvd head unit yes? And you can play mp4 videos from a USB stick?
    Wait..what... I can do that?
    2015 CLA250 European Delivery
    Northern Lights Violet, MB Tex Beige, HID Lights, standard 5-spoke Wheels, Heated Seats, Power Passenger Front Seat, PARKTRONIC with Park Assist, Rearview Camera.
    Stablemates
    2009 smart fortwo Passion

See my European Delivery trip here:
    Spartacus' European Delivery Conquest
    and videos here :
    Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgd1JD1Tfho
    In depth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLYGVnjUBU

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    NTG4.7 in 2014s (multidisc dvd) cannot but NTG5 in 2015s should work ... per the manual at least

Member #
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    OK, so I have a 2014 with a single disc player and Multimedia Package. What does that mean for the upgrade?
    Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Pedal Commander, TurboKits Billet BOV spacer,
    Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
    Daily driver: 2015 Silver Mazda 3s Touring Hatchback, 6-speed manual transmission

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwei396 View Post
    OK, so I have a 2014 with a single disc player and Multimedia Package. What does that mean for the upgrade?
    you sure you have a "single" disc head? thought our 2014's with MM package came with the 6disc "changer" ..... you may want to check?

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links