Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Sneak Peek at Mercedes C class for 2015 looks inbetween CLS n CLA what ya think?

This is a discussion on Sneak Peek at Mercedes C class for 2015 looks inbetween CLS n CLA what ya think? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; after reading the article scrool towards the bottom... this new C is lovely... 2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class Spy Shots...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sneak Peek at Mercedes C class for 2015 looks inbetween CLS n CLA what ya think?

Member #
    240,000 miles from the Moon, but closer to Sony Studios in California

Exclamation Sneak Peek at Mercedes C class for 2015 looks inbetween CLS n CLA what ya think?

Sneak Peek at Mercedes C class for 2015 looks inbetween CLS n CLA what ya think?-2014-mercedes-benz-c-class-rendering_100308789_l.jpgafter reading the article scrool towards the bottom... this new C is lovely...

2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class Spy Shots
    Last edited by chrisiden; 02-13-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    DosBahias likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisiden View Post
    after reading the article scrool towards the bottom... this new C is lovely...
    I've seen that rendering/sketch a few times, very sharp & sleek looking. Not sure if the new gen. C-Class would be that stylish, it'd make the E-Class insecure... ha!

I could see a more chiseled, beefier, and sculpted version of that depicted concept being the next gen. S-Class!
    chrisiden likes this.

Member #
    Mercedes is a outstanding car... from what i see they are lowering the prices to get younger clients and after they get a little equity in their cars they can eventually move up to the next level...
    im not overly thrilled though with that new Neon yellowie greenie stripes on the seats but may get used to it after a drink or two.. lol
    also no power seats? it should have been an option... you can bet your Thingamajig, that in 2015 the new CLA will have even more options and maybe a newer color combo... just my two cents worth...

Member #
    also no power seats? it should have been an option...
    Wait, what!?! No power-seats in the CLA?!?

That wouldn't fly w/ me at all whatsoever...

I know the CLA is $29.9k & all, but that's w/o:

- metallic paint
    - sunroof (namely moonroof)
    - auto climate-control
    - leather-interior
    - HID headlights

FWIW, those are features & equipment that belong in a premium/luxo' car regardless of the market-segment and/or price-point.

My point, it darn well better come w/ power-seats! And w/ memory-settings to boot...
    Last edited by osiris_x11; 02-10-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Member #

osiris_x11
    im sorry im the one that told u this i learned this from a youtube vid at the car show...thats why i said in an earlier post 2015 will be better with more options... Mercedes is roping the younger crowd now... the way i see this is... i set my seat one time, and thats it... i dont need the power.. but then again if i had it how many times will i be adjusting my seats?
    just again my two cents worth here...
    ps..
    this CLA is an entry point car, the lowest priced Mercedes...
    ---
    (you had mentioned how sweet the Honda accord coupe was in another post... i agree with you... built in Cameras in the mirror and trunk lid all the works on a 4 cylinder around 26 and about 30k fully loaded Six... but its not a Merc... but it does hold its value..
    i own 2 Merc... they have lost 60% in value so far... but hey... its a nice car...
    i dont know what else to say... guess ill take a cookie break... lol
    .. an after thought on power seats.. maybe Merc sells something that can convert the CLA seats to power...anything is possible...

----------- Keep your eyes and ears opened at 1:20

,,,there may still be some hope for power seats...did u hear him say, maybe the version in USA could be different?
    Last edited by chrisiden; 02-10-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Member #
    im sorry im the one that told u this i learned this from a youtube vid at the car show...thats why i said in an earlier post 2015 will be better with more options... Mercedes is roping the younger crowd now... the way i see this is... i set my seat one time, and thats it... i dont need the power.. but then again if i had it how many times will i be adjusting my seats?
    just again my two cents worth here...
    ps..
    this CLA is an entry point car, the lowest priced Mercedes...
    ---
    (you had mentioned how sweet the Honda accord coupe was in another post... i agree with you... built in Cameras in the mirror and trunk lid all the works on a 4 cylinder around 26 and about 30k fully loaded Six... but its not a Merc... but it does hold its value..
    i own 2 Merc... they have lost 60% in value so far... but hey... its a nice car...
    i dont know what else to say... guess ill take a cookie break... lol
    .. an after thought on power seats.. maybe Merc sells something that can convert the CLA seats to power...anything is possible...
    I think we're likely gonna meet half-way, in that the USDM '14 CLA will have a driver's power-seat w/ 3-position memory settings. No word on the passenger-seat (plausibly will be w/o it).

I've noted such in just about all the pics, along w/ a few sources:

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Review and Prices - Consumer Guide Automotive

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Photo Gallery and Quick Reference Guide | eMercedesBenz

2013 Detroit Auto Show: 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Review, Prices, Photos: New Car Test Drive

I'm curious what video you speak of that says no power-seat(s) for the '14 CLA250?

So- if I felt the CLA250 was being peddled as a stripped-down Mercedes, I will gladly purchase a loaded pre-TTL ~$28k Acura TSX (after discounting/negotiating) rather than a pre-TTL ~$36k+ CLA (as I have mine very moderately equipped) as the former offers orders of magnitude of features/equipment standard that would bloat the CLA price to ~$40k+. Fortunately, I don't feel like that as of now. I hope that MB doesn't do that (omit good bit of goodies) and/or nickel & dime us (which they actually aren't, *cough* Porsche *cough*).

I don't think we can make a blanket statement saying, "just because it's a Merc..." because it's now 2013 & the game's changed. There are comparable & somewhat superior offerings from old & new competitors throughout the various strata of the product-chain. The very reason the CLA is being offered is because of the stiff competition & the competition stealing market-share newcomers from the brand. Obviously, there's something incomparable in ways w/ regards to the stuff w/ the "S" & "L" in their nomenclature (S-Class, CL, SL, CLS, SLK, GL) but I personally believe the rest of the MB lineup to be at parity w/ their competitors if-not at times looking from the back.

Interesting times, the new Lexus IS in the works, a BMW 1-series sedan forthcoming, an Audi A3 sedan being developed. And the Acura TSX likely due for a restyle/redesign soon. Not to mention the Caddie ATS hitting the scene as we speak. Lotsa of choice for the enthusiast! With that said, the CLA is my choice amongst the aforementioned...
    Last edited by osiris_x11; 02-10-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Member #
    I'm curious what video you speak of that says no power-seat(s) for the '14 CLA250?

you just watched it above... lol
    but then again USA could be different.. but remember this is entry level stuff for younger gens

Member #
    but then again USA could be different.. but remember this is entry level stuff for younger gens
    It's these youngenz that want all the bells & whistles!!!

The only thing entry-level about this Benz is the size (sub-compact/compact), the powertrain (4-banger), the drivetrain (FWD), the price-point (for now)! The rest is premium, the materials/components, technology/equipment, fit/finish, design/style, etc.

I'm going w/ that standard power-seat(s) will be offered (at least for the driver) which will come w/ 3-way memory-setting controls.

The reason why? Because such a feature exists on the CLA already (power-seats w/ 3-way memory-setting controls).

The reason why standard? Because a list of the packages & stand-alone options has been released (the dealer PDF), and there's no mention of power-seats w/ memory-controls as an option. And MB would not omit such a feature whether standard or as an option. Meaning, it's standard for us if it's not in the options/packages.

Some of the Int'l members of the forum have stated that the U.S. standard-spec CLA seems to be more feature-rich than their standard-spec (it's more optional stuff for them, more standard stuff for us).

Now, those illuminated side-sills are gonna cause sticker shock...
    Last edited by osiris_x11; 02-10-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    chrisiden and omonline like this.

Member #
    I noticed they haven't put the grill on yet. I wonder if they are going to do the diamond grill across the entire lineup?

Member #
    The B 250 has an option for power front seats (both) with 3 memory positions. The base version has the "comfort seating package" which is manual. I expect the CLA will be the same.

Meanwhile, back on topic, the C Class prototype seen in the spy shots bears zero resemblance to the rendering. The side windows of the C are just too high, compared to the bunker slits on the side of the rendering.

I think the new C will be E-sized and that it will be conservatively styled, as have been all C Class sedans before it. The flash will come with the CL series. Incidentally, the side profile of the C Class prototype is not well balanced (nose too long), unlike the CLA.
    2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 Manual
    2006 smart BRABUS Tailor Made Canada 1 cabriolet
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection
    2013 Ford Fiesta SE Manual

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links