Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Canadian vs. US

This is a discussion on Canadian vs. US within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; I don't know why the Canadian specs are always shitty and more expensive than the US? Not fair 😞, i was just building a CLA ...

MercedesCLA.org is the largest Mercedes CLA Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian vs. US

Member #

Canadian vs. US

I don't know why the Canadian specs are always shitty and more expensive than the US? Not fair 😞, i was just building a CLA on the US website and to start the car was cheaper!

Anyways at the end i loaded both of them up, and surprise surprise....

US CLA 250 came up at $45,660
    Canadian CLA came at $46,895

Keep in mind the US car also included distronic plus, the candians have to pay an additional $1200 for it. Also, i included rear spoiler and amg pins haha

So why please someone explain because am sick of that!!

Member #
    Smaller market, M-B Canada gets higher prices from corporate? No, it's just a marketing decision. If you were European you would really be bummed, it costs so much more over there (before taxes).
    2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 Manual
    2006 smart BRABUS Tailor Made Canada 1 cabriolet
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection
    2013 Ford Fiesta SE Manual

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AAA86 View Post
    I don't know why the Canadian specs are always shitty and more expensive than the US? Not fair , i was just building a CLA on the US website and to start the car was cheaper!

Keep in mind the US car also included distronic plus, the candians have to pay an additional $1200 for it. Also, i included rear spoiler and amg pins haha

Did you factor in the US to Canadian exchange rate? Even more would be the Canadian to Euro exchange rate vs. Us to Euro!
    Alex

2014 CLA 250, Polar Silver (Sport, Premium, Multi-Media, Driver Asst., Bi-Xenon, Spoiler)
    2010 GLK 350, Dark Blue

Gone but not forgotten:
    1970 Datsun 240Z

Member #
    I don't know why the Canadian specs are always shitty and more expensive than the US? Not fair ��, i was just building a CLA on the US website and to start the car was cheaper!

From what I know we get more standard equipment then the U.S, and in some options we got more bang for the money

Member #
    but but you Canadians get a rear arm rest and cupholders.. Not available in the US no matter how much money you got

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjak95 View Post
    From what I know we get more standard equipment then the U.S, and in some options we got more bang for the money
    Thats what the dealer tries to get in our heads! Like i mentioned above the US specs that came alot cheaper and with more options. US exchange rates are almost at par fir a very long time these days.

Plus i will give up the arm rest for the options and money savings!

Member #
    Thats what the dealer tries to get in our heads! Like i mentioned above the US specs that came alot cheaper and with more options. US exchange rates are almost at par fir a very long time these days.

Us specs don't have more options. If you build a CLA 45 AMG Us spec and a Canadian spec one you'll see that the Canadian one has more included in their options. Also I'm not stating info provided by my dealership. I'm stating info provided by MB USA and MB Canada. Plus you can view the standard equipment and options the MB Canada website.

Member #

Different marketing people have different marketing strategy. US and Canada have options and packages grouped differently. And yes, the base price even with the conversion rate taken into account CAN is a bit higher than US.. but there are other options which Canadian prices are cheaper.. i.e. Parktronic, Sports Package.... not to mention that US doesn't have folded mirrors where CAN has with the premium package. Canadian pays for the Distronic but our price in the Driving Assistance Package is much cheaper than US, where US's bundled all together.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hkps999 View Post
    Different marketing people have different marketing strategy. US and Canada have options and packages grouped differently. And yes, the base price even with the conversion rate taken into account CAN is a bit higher than US.. but there are other options which Canadian prices are cheaper.. i.e. Parktronic, Sports Package.... not to mention that US doesn't have folded mirrors where CAN has with the premium package. Canadian pays for the Distronic but our price in the Driving Assistance Package is much cheaper than US, where US's bundled all together.
    Be happy. you should see the prices in North Korea!
    Alex

2014 CLA 250, Polar Silver (Sport, Premium, Multi-Media, Driver Asst., Bi-Xenon, Spoiler)
    2010 GLK 350, Dark Blue

Gone but not forgotten:
    1970 Datsun 240Z

Member #
    I thought I read somewhere that the Canadian car will have folding mirrors. Bummer if we don't get distronic plus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links