Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Will there be a CLA350?

This is a discussion on Will there be a CLA350? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; I just noticed on Mercedes facebook they introduce the new CLA as the CLA250. I wonder if we can expect a CLA350 in the future? ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CLAMP

Thread: Will there be a CLA350?

Member #

Will there be a CLA350?

I just noticed on Mercedes facebook they introduce the new CLA as the CLA250. I wonder if we can expect a CLA350 in the future? Maybe something to compete more with the Lexus IS250 and IS350?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dascrow View Post
    I just noticed on Mercedes facebook they introduce the new CLA as the CLA250. I wonder if we can expect a CLA350 in the future? Maybe something to compete more with the Lexus IS250 and IS350?
    My guess is they are waiting to see how well the CLA250 sells before testing the waters with another model.

Member #
    Probably in the spring 2014.
    El Chorizo likes this.

Member #
    Folks, perhaps we won't see a 350 for some time. I believe so for two reasons. First, With this new product as an entry-point to the MB line, they will not want to cannibalize C-Class sales -- such an upgrade to a V6 will do just that, in my opinion. Second, let's not forget the fleet gas mileage issue in the US. With this CLA's 4-cylinder, it becomes a mainstay of keeping up the fleet mileage scores.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjad20 View Post
    Folks, perhaps we won't see a 350 for some time. I believe so for two reasons. First, With this new product as an entry-point to the MB line, they will not want to cannibalize C-Class sales -- such an upgrade to a V6 will do just that, in my opinion. Second, let's not forget the fleet gas mileage issue in the US. With this CLA's 4-cylinder, it becomes a mainstay of keeping up the fleet mileage scores.
    I definitely thought about the cannibalization of other model sales but I didn't consider the CLA as far as bringing down the average MPG -- very good point mrjad!

Links