What gas do you use to fill up your CLA? - Page 35
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

What gas do you use to fill up your CLA?

This is a discussion on What gas do you use to fill up your CLA? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by Rick-F Attachment 23700 These were made for forum members who cry and whine constantly about their M-B. One must assume this gives ...

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: What gas do you use to fill up your CLA?

Member #
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick-F View Post
    Attachment 23700
    These were made for forum members who cry and whine constantly about their M-B.
    One must assume this gives a whole new meaning to the term born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Now it is a MB pacifier.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't know what the engine setting in the USA is but normally you wil have to use 95 until 98 octane on this engine. Check dealer or label in fuel door. 91 octane is way to low.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    35 pages and 342 posts devoted to something that's written on the inside of the gas door.

Will wonders never cease.
    Tein and jmc like this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Torch View Post
    I don't know what the engine setting in the USA is but normally you wil have to use 95 until 98 octane on this engine. Check dealer or label in fuel door. 91 octane is way to low.
    Are you talking about Octane or RON? Since you're in Europe you're probably talking about 95-98 RON, not octane.
    Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Pedal Commander, TurboKits Billet BOV spacer,
    Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
    Daily driver: 2015 Silver Mazda 3s Touring Hatchback, 6-speed manual transmission

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes talking about R.O.N this means Research Octane Number. So octane number provided by test engine. it is also the octane nr of the fuel.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here in the USA we would use 93 octane at lower elevations and 91 at higher ones like where I live in Colorado.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Texas Dave likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Torch View Post
    Yes talking about R.O.N this means Research Octane Number. So octane number provided by test engine. it is also the octane nr of the fuel.
    I guess I'm confused. So how is 91 octane too low, in your estimation, if you have to use 95 RON when 91 octane is about equal to 95 RON? Besides, I use 93 octane because the gas stations I go to only has either 87 or 93 octane, no 91 as required by MB in North America.
    Texas Dave likes this.
    Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Pedal Commander, TurboKits Billet BOV spacer,
    Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 RFT (Run Flats) mounted on 18x8 Anzio Turn Bright Silver wheels with TPMS sensors for winter driving.
    Daily driver: 2015 Silver Mazda 3s Touring Hatchback, 6-speed manual transmission

Member #
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwei396 View Post
    I guess I'm confused. So how is 91 octane too low, in your estimation, if you have to use 95 RON when 91 octane is about equal to 95 RON? Besides, I use 93 octane because the gas stations I go to only has either 87 or 93 octane, no 91 as required by MB in North America.
    Are not RON and octane just different ways of expressing the same absolute number, such as the way centigrade and Fahrenheit give you the same answer, just on a different scale?
    tmwei396 likes this.
    2015 CLA Jupiter Red, premium,multi media, driver assistance, sport packages. walnut dash, Bi-xenon lights, and ambient lights, delivery, 12/14.
    2012 Hyundai Genesis, red
    2006 Cadillac DTS, bronze
    2004 Cadillac DTS, blue
    2002Cadillac SLS, bronze
    1998 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, red
    1996 Cadillac Sedan DeVile, green
    1990 Buick Buick Park Avenue, Blue
    1984 Buick LeSabre, silver
    1977 Ford LTD, green
    1975 Ford Gran Torino, blue
    1972 Pontiac Ventura, gold
    1960 Rambler Ambassador, white

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The best is to use 93 octane ( same as 98 RON in Europe) there is no difference only in the way of calculating the % of octane and anti knocking.
    AMG engine are preset for 93 but can take 91 , less power and fuel management will compensate automatic for this

Member #
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Dave View Post
    Are not RON and octane just different ways of expressing the same absolute number, such as the way centigrade and Fahrenheit give you the same answer, just on a different scale?
    Yes, I agree with you which is why I don't understand the OP's concern about using 91 octane in the US being way too low. Not just low (even though it's not) but "way too low".

• Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links