No More Front Wheel Drive?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on No More Front Wheel Drive? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hey guys, First post here. Had a concern and thought I would put it out there and see what people had to say. I placed ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: No More Front Wheel Drive?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys,

First post here. Had a concern and thought I would put it out there and see what people had to say.

I placed an order for a CLA last month. Didn't opt for the 4Matic for a number of reasons. Anyway, the order was placed, and the salesman insisted that I would get the car around the second week of June. He gave me a PO number and told me that the car was ordered and that he would get back to me when he had a VIN and more information.

Now the reason for mentioning the lack of the 4Matic. I spoke to several dealers and one of them is still emailing me with cars that are available. She says that they are simply not making the front wheel drive version anymore and she would not be able to order the car with the options that I wanted. She is still telling the same story. She says it's either the 4Matic or whatever front wheel drive cars are already available.

It's been about two weeks since the order was placed and I haven't heard anything from the dealership where I put down my deposit. I didn't expect to hear anything yet and that's fine, but I'm concerned about what the other dealer is telling me.

Is there a chance that Mercedes is simply not making the front wheel drive version anymore? I know she is trying to sell a car, but it all sounds a bit ridiculous.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Syed117; 05-12-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    CLA250
    Night Black - Black MB-Tex - Burl Walnut Trim - Bi-Xenon Lights - Panorama Sunroof - Spoiler - Premium Package - Multimedia Package - Driver Assistance Package
    Ordered 4/29 - Delivered 6/23

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First time hearing this. You may ask her to send some links to this info on the web or MB site etc.

4matic is waste of fuel and money in places it is not required.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm fairly certain that dealer is lying to you. I originally wanted a FWD but the dealership I originally put the order with jerked me around for 4 months when they didn't have an allocation and when I finally found a dealership that had an allocation available, they only had the 4Matic.

My guess is that they only have an allocation for a 4Matic and are trying to get you to buy it.

For me, I made peace with the additional $2K because I knew that was the only way I was getting this car by summer.

-Brandon

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by br4nd0n View Post
    My guess is that they only have an allocation for a 4Matic and are trying to get you to buy it.

For me, I made peace with the additional $2K because I knew that was the only way I was getting this car by summer.

-Brandon
    This. Dealers will always tell you things like this to try and stop you from shopping around. Don't worry about your car.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have zero patience for stupid lying dealers. I would put their contact info here so people would know the kind of scum they are.
    DelayDelayDelay likes this.
    2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 Cirrus White | Ash MB-Tex

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAzz View Post
    First time hearing this. You may ask her to send some links to this info on the web or MB site etc.

4matic is waste of fuel and money in places it is not required.
    Depending on your location. We aren't all blessed to live in beautiful California like most people on here (not specifying you) with 24/7 Heaven weather!

My 4MATIC will pay for itself come December-March. Already dreading just thinking about it.
    Cirrus White 4-MATIC | Sports pkg. | Premium pkg. | Interior pkg.| Night pkg. | Bi-xenons | Spoiler | Pano roof | Black ash | 19" S-Class 14-Spokes

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The dealer I bought my CLA from has 9 CLAs available for sale, 7 of them are 4Matics. Has been the trend for a while now.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If they aren't making FWD and 4MATIC is an option what does that leave you with?
    CLA45 AMG - Delivered 05/27/2014! View my progress at see-el-aye.tumblr.com

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies. Made me feel much better.

I wouldn't mind getting the 4Matic, but I think I would rather have the better fuel economy. Never had any real problems with a front wheel drive car in poor weather conditions. If this was a rear wheel drive, I would have definitely have gotten the 4Matic.

Worst case scenario, I will end up with the CLA with all the options I wanted and 4Matic as well. Just don't want a delay in getting it.
    Last edited by Syed117; 05-12-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    CLA250
    Night Black - Black MB-Tex - Burl Walnut Trim - Bi-Xenon Lights - Panorama Sunroof - Spoiler - Premium Package - Multimedia Package - Driver Assistance Package
    Ordered 4/29 - Delivered 6/23

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Made me feel much better.

I wouldn't mind getting the 4Matic, but I think I would rather have the better fuel economy. Never had any real problems with a front wheel drive car in poor weather conditions. If this was a rear wheel drive, I would have definitely have gotten the 4Matic.

Worst case scenario, I will end up with the CLA with all the options I wanted and 4Matic as well. Just don't want a delay in getting it.
    I'm averaging 27.3 MPG with a lot of red lights and a lot of driving (3K in 1 1/2 months) with a 4MATIC. I doubt it'd be too different with the FWD.
    Cirrus White 4-MATIC | Sports pkg. | Premium pkg. | Interior pkg.| Night pkg. | Bi-xenons | Spoiler | Pano roof | Black ash | 19" S-Class 14-Spokes

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links