Benz non sport build
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Benz non sport build

This is a discussion on Benz non sport build within the CLA Build Threads forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hey everyone. So over time I have been doing some work on my car to make it special. And here, I would love to share ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Benz non sport build

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Benz non sport build

Hey everyone. So over time I have been doing some work on my car to make it special.

And here,
    I would love to share my build.
    So, over the course of 2 days. I spent about 2k on modifications.
    First things first. The exhaust.
    Now this was a hard choice for me. Mainly because I was debating on whether or not I would do a resonator/muffler delete. Well. After hard consideration and careful thinking. I said f*ck it and I did both. I was also able to get blue quad tips as well. And here is my thoughts.
    Exhaust: Hot damn is it loud. After the exhaust was finished and I turned the car on. A guy near the shop asked me if the car was a v6 or a v8. I told him it was a 4 cylinder and he looked at me astonished.
    Now, after driving the car for a couple of days I will admit some downfalls. The straight pipe on the muffler is heavier. And I feel like I either lost power/or I lost that acceleration feeling. Because the car feels like it's towing something small in the back. I believe this can be fixed with a lighter metal. But I can always fix that later.
    (Also, on a side note, I think that because it's straight pipes, won't it let the turbo breath better? Anyone can input here if needed.)
    Now for the goodies. This exhaust reminds me of my old 2000 Ford F-250 super duty diesel.
    Every time I turn on the car on a warm start, it gurgles and burps at start up. Then while driving, every time I downshift, you can hear the sexy gunshots.
    Now, this exhaust is for the faint of heart and I know for a fact, not everyone is going to like this. Some people may even say I "riced" out my car. Well sadly, not to be rude, but I don't care. The car is mine, and if what I did to it, makes me smile every day, then so be it.
    Second downfall, drone. At around 3k rpm. Their is no drone at all. But at 1 and 2k rpm. It's kinda noticeable. Usually I play my music so you can't really hear it, but it's there. I don't know if I should put a valvetronic system in it, or something. But I'll talk to my shop about it.
    Also, shout out to Super tuning in Van Nuys, California. Really awesome shop, quality work, and he didn't charge me because of the car I own, he charged me based off of the actual work. And I respect that.
    (Resonator delete:80$ muffler delete with quad blue tips: 380$)

Now for exterior.
    "The Wrap House", in north Hollywood on Vineland did quality work.
    I had them wrap my roof black, window trim black
    Plasti dip my rims, spoiler, and front grill. And hot damn does it look sexy.
    I also did a 5% limo tint in the back and a 30% window tint on the front windows.
    Roof/window trim 400$. Plasti dip rims/spoiler/grill 200$. Window tint: 375$
    And lastly, I got a VR cla250 tune. Nice tune, good gains, and I actually saved a bit of gas.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 666
Size:  1.72 MBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 694
Size:  4.33 MB
    Last edited by DavidCLA250; 06-17-2016 at 11:51 AM.
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

Mods: Vivid Racing Tune, Pedal Box, Blacked out roof/wheels/spoiler/grill/window trim, illuminated star, 6500k HID conversion Kit for Halogens, Window Tint, Resonator/Muffler delete
    Check out my build page! Here: http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/57-...ort-build.html

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 664
Size:  106.8 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 645
Size:  91.3 KB
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

Mods: Vivid Racing Tune, Pedal Box, Blacked out roof/wheels/spoiler/grill/window trim, illuminated star, 6500k HID conversion Kit for Halogens, Window Tint, Resonator/Muffler delete
    Check out my build page! Here: http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/57-...ort-build.html

kdr
    Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    david ,
    very nice car and nice detailing
    DavidCLA250 likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    David-- you didn't save a few bucks for the low beam HIDs . . .
    2014 CLA250 | Cirrus White | GFB DV+ | Premium Package | CF Mirror Covers | CF Spoiler | Burl Walnut Trim | Illuminated Star | Black Vinyl Roof l Wrap | Sprint Booster

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Got a shot of the exhaust piping???

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    I can definitely get that. I tried recording the sound, but the video won't pick up all of the bass.
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick-F View Post
    David-- you didn't save a few bucks for the low beam HIDs . . .
    Not yet. When I had all of this done, I was thinking about the HIDs but my mind said. "Well they must
    ship them out, and I don't feel like waiting" so I went with all of this for now. Gonna do HIDs real soon.
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish it was that cheap in Australia to get things like vinyl wrapping done etc.
    Looking over $1k to get the roof and window trim done.

David, are you going to get the black or carbon mirrors too?

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneCLA200-SB View Post
    I wish it was that cheap in Australia to get things like vinyl wrapping done etc.
    Looking over $1k to get the roof and window trim done.

David, are you going to get the black or carbon mirrors too?
    Of course. I've been trying my best to match the night look for the cla. Trying to do some research on good black gloss covers. I might just wrap it..who knows.
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Wait do you mean just a photo of the straight pipe under the car?
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links