Turbo whine. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Turbo whine.

This is a discussion on Turbo whine. within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by jmc Whoa that aint good ... Now I'm getting scared... I gotta get my car in to the dealership soon....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Turbo whine.

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Whoa that aint good ...
    Now I'm getting scared... I gotta get my car in to the dealership soon.
    omarlekphet likes this.
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

Mods: Vivid Racing Tune, Pedal Box, Blacked out roof/wheels/spoiler/grill/window trim, illuminated star, 6500k HID conversion Kit for Halogens, Window Tint, Resonator/Muffler delete
    Check out my build page! Here: http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/57-...ort-build.html

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCLA250 View Post
    Now I'm getting scared... I gotta get my car in to the dealership soon.
    i am sure it should be covered , but let us know

Member #
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    David, hope your scheduled maintenance is up to date before you go.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 07SGT View Post
    David, hope your scheduled maintenance is up to date before you go.
    It should be. I had it done recently.
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

Mods: Vivid Racing Tune, Pedal Box, Blacked out roof/wheels/spoiler/grill/window trim, illuminated star, 6500k HID conversion Kit for Halogens, Window Tint, Resonator/Muffler delete
    Check out my build page! Here: http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/57-...ort-build.html

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I took it to the dealer and they said that the straight pipe exhaust might void the warranty? Is this actually possible? Can they use this as an excuse?
    You would think that with more air flow it would be better? Any things I should ask?
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Update: just spoke to the supervisor. He told me that because of the straight pipe, it's opened the pipes for sounds that you normally wouldn't hear and it's just the turbo. He talked to me about how his twin turbo chevy makes the same noise and that it's fine for me to continue to drive the car normally. I'm going to try to have a friend drive the car to see if the noise is actually coming from the exhaust itself. Anyone else who has a res and muffler delete, can you add on to this?
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Wow ... I know the euro market has many noise ordinances (not just dB levels but perhaps even frequency bands) which means Benz probably had to "tune" the entire exhaust path for acoustics as well as flow (reminds me of that ridiculous turbo exit restrictor). And since Doppler effects are related to flow, maybe the explanation has merit?

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wow ... I know the euro market has many noise ordinances (not just dB levels but perhaps even frequency bands) which means Benz probably had to "tune" the entire exhaust path for acoustics as well as flow (reminds me of that ridiculous turbo exit restrictor). And since Doppler effects are related to flow, maybe the explanation has merit?
    It's weird because the first time I didn't hear anything, but it was after the second time I got the exhaust redone I'm assuming it caused this. This seems theoretical. But I'm extremely pissed now, because since I touched the exhaust does that mean that my warranty is completely voided for all engine problems. I thought they had to know that it was the cause before void.
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCLA250 View Post
    It's weird because the first time I didn't hear anything, but it was after the second time I got the exhaust redone I'm assuming it caused this. This seems theoretical. But I'm extremely pissed now, because since I touched the exhaust does that mean that my warranty is completely voided for all engine problems. I thought they had to know that it was the cause before void.
    Oh redone? Might be something simple like a bad weld or venturi leak or something ... maybe take a peek at that rework area?

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Oh redone? Might be something simple like a bad weld or venturi leak or something ... maybe take a peek at that rework area?
    See that's what I thought as well at first but when I took it to the exhaust shop the guy said it wasn't from his welding. So I'm going to have another shop who I trust to take a look at it and see if it's something simple as that.
    2015 Cla250 Non Sport

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links