First CLA 220d, and next one! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

First CLA 220d, and next one!

This is a discussion on First CLA 220d, and next one! within the CLA Pictures/Videos forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by swiftmed I called my dealer today to ask about the new facelift model production date and he said that this forum is ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: First CLA 220d, and next one!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftmed View Post
    I called my dealer today to ask about the new facelift model production date and he said that this forum is correct, the facelift goes into production in August, but the CLA AMG Line spec is already in production and deliveries start in early July. So looks like i will be getting the new model. Heres how mine looks on the configurator with the facelift.

Attachment 24801

Attachment 24802
    Now that is odd! My dealership (Brighton) is telling me that it will arrive in September, mine is the same (AMG Line) so I'm not sure what has happened there, plus I've ordered mine recently like you have! Which dealership did you go with mate? I don't want the new 66 plate and i'm happy with a 16 plate, so I think i'll have to push them to get mine made before.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaboy View Post
    Hey Guys.

I too have ordered my AMG line CLA last weekend, I went for Mountain grey metallic, I liked white but the missus didn't, end of the day it was my decision but....

I have studied this car from top to bottom non stop and I only just realised whilst reading your discussion that the rear lights have altered, bet I'm pretty disappointed with that!

Also I really loved the pre face lift look front bumper wise, but I guess you just have to have the newest model don't you.

Just couldn't decide on colour and wheels, I really wanted the 45 19" mutispoke alloys but the dealer will not sell me them, or swap at a cost.

Still I can't wait, I've gone for class roof and it comes with black mirrors, I think I'll add a black spoiler as well.

Have you been given ETA's for delivery?

DB
    Congrats you'll love it!

The rear lights are pretty marmite right now, have to see it in real to know for sure. Could always swap them for the old ones if you don't like them

You can easily buy the 19" multispoke black AMG alloys online, as they are only for the CLA 45.

No ETA for me yet but I will push for one this week.

Unfortunately to what I can see, they have removed the front lip (well integrated it into the bumper), changed the rear lights, front lights, bumper and exhausts.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hit me up for the 19" Multispoke AMG wheels.
    -with Silver Lip
    -OE TPMS (sensor)
    -Original tires with 7K in it
    -Cons 1 tire has a plug & the other wheel HAD minor curb rash... fixed it

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fozyb View Post
    Now that is odd! My dealership (Brighton) is telling me that it will arrive in September, mine is the same (AMG Line) so I'm not sure what has happened there, plus I've ordered mine recently like you have! Which dealership did you go with mate? I don't want the new 66 plate and i'm happy with a 16 plate, so I think i'll have to push them to get mine made before.
    Strange how different dealerships are giving different info. I've got an order form for a facelift AMG Line 220d with a delivery estimate of July 14th, the dealership said it'll be that date for sure.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I called my dealer back today to ask why different people are being given different delivery estimates, and to confirm what he said about delivery of my AMG Line arriving on 14 July. He said that the delivery date is absolutely correct and provided me with this PDF document which he received from the manufacturing plant confirming what date my car starts production (21/June) and the date it arrives to port (7/July) and the delivery date (14/July)

See attached:

Name:  noreply@mercedes-benzsouthwest.co.uk_20160527_125318.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  305.4 KB

Name:  1noreply@mercedes-benzsouthwest.co.uk_20160527_125318.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  266.7 KB

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I called my dealer back today to ask why different people are being given different delivery estimates, and to confirm what he said about delivery of my AMG Line arriving on 14 July. He said that the delivery date is absolutely correct and provided me with this PDF document which he received from the manufacturing plant confirming what date my car starts production (21/June) and the date it arrives to port (7/July) and the delivery date (14/July)

See attached:

Name:  noreply@mercedes-benzsouthwest.co.uk_20160527_125318.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  305.4 KB

Name:  1noreply@mercedes-benzsouthwest.co.uk_20160527_125318.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  266.7 KB
    Fair enough! Good news is mine will also be coming at the end of July! My dealership said that they have a free slot for production this month, so fingers crossed it arrives then.

One question - what is 'sporty engine sound'? On a diesel? :P Good choice with the extras, although I think you should have got the ambient lighting pack for the interior - I had it on my previous CLA and it made the cabin so much nicer. Also - if you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get (if you went for financing)?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fair enough! Good news is mine will also be coming at the end of July! My dealership said that they have a free slot for production this month, so fingers crossed it arrives then.

One question - what is 'sporty engine sound'? On a diesel? :P Good choice with the extras, although I think you should have got the ambient lighting pack for the interior - I had it on my previous CLA and it made the cabin so much nicer. Also - if you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get (if you went for financing)?
    No idea what the sporty engine sounds are. I'm guessing it's canned engine noises through the internal speaker system.

I considered ambient lighting... I currently have it on my Focus Titanium X and it's lovely. Only reason I didn't get it with the CLA is because the AMG Sport has red ambient lighting as standard. After I left the dealership, i rang them up about a week or two later to see if i could add ambient lighting + the 19" AMG Black wheels and they said that it had passed the date through which i could make modifications to my order. So I missed out on that one.

The car in total came in at just over £32k.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No idea what the sporty engine sounds are. I'm guessing it's canned engine noises through the internal speaker system.

I considered ambient lighting... I currently have it on my Focus Titanium X and it's lovely. Only reason I didn't get it with the CLA is because the AMG Sport has red ambient lighting as standard. After I left the dealership, i rang them up about a week or two later to see if i could add ambient lighting + the 19" AMG Black wheels and they said that it had passed the date through which i could make modifications to my order. So I missed out on that one.

The car in total came in at just over £32k.
    Makes sense, hate that stuff though - didn't realise the CLA had it!

Ah I see, I was under the impression that stock lighting was orange, not red? Unless that has been changed. I guess you can always get the wheels separately.

Sounds good - that was the price of my previous CLA. For this one, I got a price for just over £31k - which I'm stoked with!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a pretty good price mate. I'd be well happy with that.

Re; ambient lighting... my dealer told me the ambients was red in the AMG Line model. I haven't managed to see an AMG line in the flesh, nor drive one so I do not know for sure. I test drove a standard 200d.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a pretty good price mate. I'd be well happy with that.

Re; ambient lighting... my dealer told me the ambients was red in the AMG Line model. I haven't managed to see an AMG line in the flesh, nor drive one so I do not know for sure. I test drove a standard 200d.
    Was very happy with it, at first they were asking for a lot more, but as my first CLA was from them we managed to come to a good deal.

Fair play mate - stock red lighting is miles better imo. Orange just doesn't cut it. Did you test drive the facelift?

• Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links