First CLA 220d, and next one! - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

First CLA 220d, and next one!

This is a discussion on First CLA 220d, and next one! within the CLA Pictures/Videos forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by fozyb Was very happy with it, at first they were asking for a lot more, but as my first CLA was from ...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: First CLA 220d, and next one!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fozyb View Post
    Was very happy with it, at first they were asking for a lot more, but as my first CLA was from them we managed to come to a good deal.

Fair play mate - stock red lighting is miles better imo. Orange just doesn't cut it. Did you test drive the facelift?
    Totally agree. And no, I didn't. The only CLA they had available for a test drive on the day I went in was a 2 year old model, which was a bit disappointing, but i did arrive unannounced. I liked the car enough to place an order for a brand new one though. This will be my first Mercedes.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftmed View Post
    Totally agree. And no, I didn't. The only CLA they had available for a test drive on the day I went in was a 2 year old model, which was a bit disappointing, but i did arrive unannounced. I liked the car enough to place an order for a brand new one though. This will be my first Mercedes.
    Ah okay makes sense nevertheless great choice (not that I'm biased!) and I'm looking forward to seeing yours when it comes.

Now i'm just waiting for facelift parts to become available, as I want a rear spoiler, but now that i've seen the new one I want to wait for it. I had a spoiler on my last one but it's just too chunky imo.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah okay makes sense nevertheless great choice (not that I'm biased!) and I'm looking forward to seeing yours when it comes.

Now i'm just waiting for facelift parts to become available, as I want a rear spoiler, but now that i've seen the new one I want to wait for it. I had a spoiler on my last one but it's just too chunky imo.
    Good choice on the spoiler, I want to add one too. I'd like mine to be black (on the white car), and I'm having the side skirt inserts wrapped in black too. That's the only modifications I intend to make... at this point! I had planned to wrap the roof in black, the front lip spoiler in black but then realised i was getting the facelift model which no longer has that front lip so i've scrapped that plan. I love how the new facelift looks, OEM, aside from side inserts + spoiler. Oh, also adding the red circle things on the internal vents and changing the VERY ugly door lock pins.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good choice on the spoiler, I want to add one too. I'd like mine to be black (on the white car), and I'm having the side skirt inserts wrapped in black too. That's the only modifications I intend to make... at this point! I had planned to wrap the roof in black, the front lip spoiler in black but then realised i was getting the facelift model which no longer has that front lip so i've scrapped that plan. I love how the new facelift looks, OEM, aside from side inserts + spoiler. Oh, also adding the red circle things on the internal vents and changing the VERY ugly door lock pins.
    Sounds like a plan, I think i'm going to opt for a carbon spoiler this time round. I have the CLA 45 rear as well as carbon mirror covers etc, thankfully I didn't put them on! I also have carbon side inserts and a rear carbon diffuser, ready to go on. I had the red circle vents and AMG door lock pins - lost them when the car was written off though unfortunately! Also changed the lighting inside the car to LEDs, but all of that went to waste after my accident! Just glad I didn't put anything else on haha.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a plan, I think i'm going to opt for a carbon spoiler this time round. I have the CLA 45 rear as well as carbon mirror covers etc, thankfully I didn't put them on! I also have carbon side inserts and a rear carbon diffuser, ready to go on. I had the red circle vents and AMG door lock pins - lost them when the car was written off though unfortunately! Also changed the lighting inside the car to LEDs, but all of that went to waste after my accident! Just glad I didn't put anything else on haha.
    Interesting.... I didn't know you could get inserts for the side skirts, rather than wrapping them. Do you mind me asking where you got them, or where i could get them? I'd be interested in going down that route too.

Such a shame you lost all the other mods you made to the car. I bet it was a real stunner.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting.... I didn't know you could get inserts for the side skirts, rather than wrapping them. Do you mind me asking where you got them, or where i could get them? I'd be interested in going down that route too.

Such a shame you lost all the other mods you made to the car. I bet it was a real stunner.
    Of course mate, your best bet will be to go to aliexpress and check out the abudnance of parts for the CLA. I got most of them from there, as well as eBay. I got the carbon side inserts from eBay. Also, check out this website for literally every genuine part there is: https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuni...z-cla-w117.htm

Was a shame but thankfully nothing huge that was lost, just a few bits and bobs. It did look good! I'll post a picture of my interior there is a lot of things you can get from aliexpress for the car.

Edit: here is the one I got: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-Fib...4AAOSwPcVVqL8E

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of course mate, your best bet will be to go to aliexpress and check out the abudnance of parts for the CLA. I got most of them from there, as well as eBay. I got the carbon side inserts from eBay. Also, check out this website for literally every genuine part there is: https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuni...z-cla-w117.htm

Was a shame but thankfully nothing huge that was lost, just a few bits and bobs. It did look good! I'll post a picture of my interior there is a lot of things you can get from aliexpress for the car.

Edit: here is the one I got: Carbon Fiber Extension Side Skirt for Mercedes Benz W117 CLA 250 W176 A250 | eBay
    Thanks man, appreciate that. Does anyone know whether these side inserts changed with the recent facelift? Don't want to order them only for them to arrive and not fit

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks man, appreciate that. Does anyone know whether these side inserts changed with the recent facelift? Don't want to order them only for them to arrive and not fit
    No problem! They haven't changed to what I know, everything else is pretty much the same. If they have I'm screwed as I still have mine :P but from what I can tell they are exactly the same.

Also, just a few recommendations from myself:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3614314347...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-B...oAAOSwU0RXHSul

I had both on my last car, lighting transforms the cabin and boot, and the arch guards are superb for motorway driving.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No problem! They haven't changed to what I know, everything else is pretty much the same. If they have I'm screwed as I still have mine :P but from what I can tell they are exactly the same.
    Fab. Roll on July, then! 30 days for me.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fab. Roll on July, then! 30 days for me.
    Post it up when it arrives mate!

• Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links