First CLA 220d, and next one!
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on First CLA 220d, and next one! within the CLA Pictures/Videos forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hello all Received my CLA 220d in Cosmos black around mid March. It was the new 16 plate version (for all from the UK!) Absolutely ...

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: First CLA 220d, and next one!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello all

Received my CLA 220d in Cosmos black around mid March. It was the new 16 plate version (for all from the UK!) Absolutely loved it and was so glad the wait was done with!

Unfortunately, I was hit by someone breaking a red light at a junction, just two weeks after I picked it up, and the car was written off honestly was so gutted!

But, thankfully I now have the new facelift model on order for August/September. Same spec and same colour, so I am excited to get that!

Pictures below of my first one, and then just a render for the facelift as i'm sure you have all seen.

Name:  IMG_4105.JPG
Views: 948
Size:  1.32 MBName:  IMG_4106.JPG
Views: 951
Size:  1.17 MBName:  IMG_4108.JPG
Views: 972
Size:  1.35 MBName:  IMG_4012.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  1.87 MBName:  Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 18.44.05.png
Views: 907
Size:  1.77 MBName:  Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 18.44.30.png
Views: 943
Size:  1.76 MB

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I'd have been so so gutted to have my car written off so soon after receiving it, especially having waited so long for delivery.

I've just ordered my 220d AMG Line, and am expecting to take delivery in mid-July. I went with Cirrus White but having just seen your pictures, I'm gutted i didn't choose black. It looks absolutely stunning. Out of interest, the renders of your 2016 model, the rear tail lights look different. Is that how the 2016 model looks or is that just a mockup you made yourself?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftmed View Post
    Man, I'd have been so so gutted to have my car written off so soon after receiving it, especially having waited so long for delivery.

I've just ordered my 220d AMG Line, and am expecting to take delivery in mid-July. I went with Cirrus White but having just seen your pictures, I'm gutted i didn't choose black. It looks absolutely stunning. Out of interest, the renders of your 2016 model, the rear tail lights look different. Is that how the 2016 model looks or is that just a mockup you made yourself?
    Trust me, I was more than gutted! However, just glad it wasn't very serious, unfortunately I fractured my wrist as well in the accident, so that was a huge pain. No car until September now though

Good choice! I do love white as well, but black just gives that luxury look (imo)! These renders are from MBUK's configurator - they are the brand new facelift's that go into production around August. It seems like you have ordered the pre-facelift? They have changed the front and rear end of the new version, not my renders, it'll look that way once made. I'm still a bit torn on the rear lights, one of my favourite features of the car was the butterfly style rear lights, they seem to have gone in the new facelift.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fozyb View Post
    Trust me, I was more than gutted! However, just glad it wasn't very serious, unfortunately I fractured my wrist as well in the accident, so that was a huge pain. No car until September now though

Good choice! I do love white as well, but black just gives that luxury look (imo)! These renders are from MBUK's configurator - they are the brand new facelift's that go into production around August. It seems like you have ordered the pre-facelift? They have changed the front and rear end of the new version, not my renders, it'll look that way once made. I'm still a bit torn on the rear lights, one of my favourite features of the car was the butterfly style rear lights, they seem to have gone in the new facelift.
    I just had a look at the configurator after i messaged you, hadn't used it before. I'm glad you mentioned about when the Facelift model goes into production, I'm going to have to call my dealer tomorrow because he guaranteed to me that the model I'm getting IS the facelift model, yet I'm taking delivery next month.

Do you know if there is anywhere official that have released details of when the facelift model is due? I asked my dealer several times and he promised it's facelift.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like the facelift model is available in July, according to the article below. It says it arrives at dealerships in early July.

Mercedes-Benz CLA scrubs up for facelift at New York motor show by CAR Magazine

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftmed View Post
    Looks like the facelift model is available in July, according to the article below. It says it arrives at dealerships in early July.

Mercedes-Benz CLA scrubs up for facelift at New York motor show by CAR Magazine
    Ah that's great, I think because I ordered it literally this week mine will be coming later. When did you order yours? My dealership told me that it'll come after August unfortunately, at least for me! Hopefully it comes earlier

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fozyb View Post
    Ah that's great, I think because I ordered it literally this week mine will be coming later. When did you order yours? My dealership told me that it'll come after August unfortunately, at least for me! Hopefully it comes earlier
    I ordered my car about 10 days ago. Seriously cannot wait!!!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I called my dealer today to ask about the new facelift model production date and he said that this forum is correct, the facelift goes into production in August, but the CLA AMG Line spec is already in production and deliveries start in early July. So looks like i will be getting the new model. Heres how mine looks on the configurator with the facelift.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 16.51.19.png
Views: 1186
Size:  3.49 MB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 16.50.05.png
Views: 1295
Size:  3.46 MB

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey Guys.

I too have ordered my AMG line CLA last weekend, I went for Mountain grey metallic, I liked white but the missus didn't, end of the day it was my decision but....

I have studied this car from top to bottom non stop and I only just realised whilst reading your discussion that the rear lights have altered, bet I'm pretty disappointed with that!

Also I really loved the pre face lift look front bumper wise, but I guess you just have to have the newest model don't you.

Just couldn't decide on colour and wheels, I really wanted the 45 19" mutispoke alloys but the dealer will not sell me them, or swap at a cost.

Still I can't wait, I've gone for class roof and it comes with black mirrors, I think I'll add a black spoiler as well.

Have you been given ETA's for delivery?

DB

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats on the new order mate.

I too was a little disappointed with the rear lights and the changed front bumper... i wanted to wrap the front lip on the old bumper but doesn't really exist on the new. After a day or two looking at the new model, ive decided i love it, the facelift really does grow on you.

I ordered mine two weeks ago, been given a delivery estimate of 14 July.

• Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links