Tire and mag insurance
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Tire and mag insurance

This is a discussion on Tire and mag insurance within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; After four long months, I'm finally picking up my CLA45 tomorrow. As usual, before you get the keys, you have to sit down with the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tire and mag insurance

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tire and mag insurance

After four long months, I'm finally picking up my CLA45 tomorrow. As usual, before you get the keys, you have to sit down with the finance manager and ear them talk about every extra protection you should purchase for your own protection. I'm leasing my CLA, so the main ones would be "excessive wear and tear" and "tire and wheel" protection.

I was wondering if any of you took the "tire and wheel" protection? If you did, did you use it? Do you think it was worth it?

I took the 19" wheel option and from past experience with my S4 on Canadian road it could prove to be a good investment!
    2015 CLA 45: waiting for delivery!

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I have it. I ran over a pothole on the freeway in the rain and ruined my tire. The tire was replaced. It also did minor damage to my wheel. Parking one evening
    I scraped my other front wheel and did minor damage to that one. I had both wheels fixed recently. Insurance covered it all. I say yes.
    Shipwreck likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i did not get it.THEN... i got a simple roofing nail flat. called mb. no its not covered cuz its not defect. ok. was going to get it fixed for about 20 bucks. oh no sir cant be fixed and no reputable place will plug it. so ....$250 later i got a new tire. if i ever have to get run flats on a new car and road hazard is available , ill get it in a heart beat.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    fred from nashville
    2014 cla 4matic named red baron
    2009 base porsche cayman named little p

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I too would recommend getting this. I've used it multiple times and has already paid for itself.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willoine View Post
    After four long months, I'm finally picking up my CLA45 tomorrow. As usual, before you get the keys, you have to sit down with the finance manager and ear them talk about every extra protection you should purchase for your own protection. I'm leasing my CLA, so the main ones would be "excessive wear and tear" and "tire and wheel" protection.

I was wondering if any of you took the "tire and wheel" protection? If you did, did you use it? Do you think it was worth it?

I took the 19" wheel option and from past experience with my S4 on Canadian road it could prove to be a good investment!
    can I ask how much you were quoted or what u ended up paying for it if u got it?
    hope to see some pics soon of ur cla45!

CEB
    Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got it for four years protection. First Winter, had two tires replaced and work done on two rims. If you are in an area with snow-ice-potholes, I would recommend it. Low profile rims/tires take a pounding.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what would you say is a reasonable price for the protection on a 39 month lease? I got quoted $2,200 CAD not sure if that's a good price. Seems a bit pricey but I know summer tire and rims can cost a lot (went with 19s) and I'm pretty sure was told it covers winter tires too. I will decide on this in a few months close to delivery time

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I purchased for the piece of mind. Esp hearing the stories of guys having trouble patching run flats i figure it will pay for itself pretty quick...
    CLA 250 Sport Plus ( Mountain Grey) AMG Quad exhaust and diffusor : TMC Piggyback : Multimedia Package : Pano Roof : Illuminated Star : BOV Turbokits : Alpine Type R's

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got it on mine. 2 weeks after purchase the left front tire got a big knot on the side of it, may pop is what we always called it. Took it in and got a new tire. Glad I got it already. Only problem is they have to order the tire so the car was out of commission for a couple of days.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirza777 View Post
    can I ask how much you were quoted or what u ended up paying for it if u got it?
    hope to see some pics soon of ur cla45!
    After reading all your comments, I did decide to get it. The original quoted price was 2418$ CAD and I purchased it for 1900$ CAD.
    2015 CLA 45: waiting for delivery!

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links