Tyre pressure loss indicator
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Tyre pressure loss indicator within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; My undertanding is that the CLA 45 AMG is fitted with a tyre pressure loss indicator and that this needs to be re-set each time ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tyre pressure loss indicator

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My undertanding is that the CLA 45 AMG is fitted with a tyre pressure loss indicator and that this needs to be re-set each time the tyres are topped up. As far as I can tell, this indicator does not differentiate between minor loss (seepage, permeation) and major loss. (Puncture.) Is this correct? What loss of pressure will be indicated? 1 psi? 5 psi? 10 psi? Can this be adjusted? I don't want to be told about a 1-2 psi loss, but I would like to know about a 5 psi loss. The online manual doesn't seem to be very helpful. Any information appreciated.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basophil View Post
    My undertanding is that the CLA 45 AMG is fitted with a tyre pressure loss indicator and that this needs to be re-set each time the tyres are topped up. As far as I can tell, this indicator does not differentiate between minor loss (seepage, permeation) and major loss. (Puncture.) Is this correct? What loss of pressure will be indicated? 1 psi? 5 psi? 10 psi? Can this be adjusted? I don't want to be told about a 1-2 psi loss, but I would like to know about a 5 psi loss. The online manual doesn't seem to be very helpful. Any information appreciated.
    I got an alarm once but I don't remember how much it dropped from the reference. But, I can tell you it was more than 1-2 psi and I'm pretty sure it was less than 10 psi, so your 5 psi seems in the correct range. Never got an alarm following my reset... I hope it still works!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I reset mine yesterday after a top up.... Let's see what happens.

BTW I went for 45psi front / 36psi rear.
    MY15 CLA45 AMG Mountain Grey | Black rims

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It won't just tell you about a pressure loss... it'll give pressure readings on each tire in real time.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clallan View Post
    It won't just tell you about a pressure loss... it'll give pressure readings on each tire in real time.
    Mine does not have pressure reading in real time. I can only reset the monitoring. Maybe this is one of the differences between US and Canadian models?

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Digging up an old thread - I too can't seem to find the menu in my CLA250 Sport 4matic (2017) to look at the real-time tyre pressure values. When I go to tyre pressure, all I see is "Runflat indicator active. Restart with OK"

I thought these cars have TPMS that shows the individual tyre pressure values. I'm located in Australia.

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I can confirm my cla45 only have run flat indicator restart option no realtime data
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    That is very odd ... why remove such a useful safety feature in some markets?

So what happens if you hit ok to reset??

By the way it takes about one rolling mile for the readings to wake up after ignition

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmehuey View Post
    I thought these cars have TPMS that shows the individual tyre pressure values. I'm located in Australia.
    As I mention in another thread, my Australian CLA45 has tire pressure monitoring and displays the pressure in each tire, but it comes bundled with the Dynamic Plus LSD package.

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMPERAGE View Post
    As I mention in another thread, my Australian CLA45 has tire pressure monitoring and displays the pressure in each tire, but it comes bundled with the Dynamic Plus LSD package.
    I am not sure if its about the package because my 2015 have every package added as fully loaded and i do not have this feature.

I got flat 2 times and both of the times i got a big red warning came on saying Check tire pressure with a warning sign.

Couple times i got the same warning in yellow and i did restart runflat indicator which got rid of the warning
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links