Race Start :---D
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Race Start :---D within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; After driving my baby for 3,000 km I thought it would be time to give Race Start a try. All I can say is, WOW!! ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Race Start :---D

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

After driving my baby for 3,000 km I thought it would be time to give Race Start a try. All I can say is, WOW!! Car shoots out like a rocket! I was able to try it 2 times before the car is Race Start is unavailable :-( Will I have any issues down the road if I use Race Start like everyday
    Cirrus White MY15 CLA45 AMG --Ordered- JAN. 23/15 -- Delivered May 12th
    AMG Night Package
    AMG Recaro Performance Seats
    19" AMG Multi-Spoke Black Matte Rims
    Red Brake Calipers
    Designo Red Seat Belts
    AMG Metal Door Lock Pins

Member #
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I have yet to use Race start properly without having to cut the sprint up the rev range short. Maybe I'll go find a country road somewhere away from traffic then try it again. Felt self-conscious the 2 times I did and couldn't keep it floored lol

You might just wear down the transmission a bit faster than most but that's about it. I know at least one member has launched his car several times in a row and it eventually just turned off the AWD until the tranny cooled off.
    Sue Esponte likes this.
    CLA45 AMG
    Ordered:November 12 2014
    Delivered: May 01 2015
    Specs: Cirrus white, Premium Package, Multimedia Package, AMG Studio Package, Driver Assist Package, Pano roof, AMG exhaust

Previous project car
    - 2008 Infiniti G37 coupe (Featured here http://jdmphasis.blogspot.com/2012/0...nnesota-g.html)

CLA45 Modification log here https://www.mercedescla.org/forum/57-...gress-log.html

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ive tried Race start probably over 30 times during 6 months and another 30 times soft start.
    Everything with tranny works perfectly if you can name like this amg speed shift gearbox

This information was probably because you had open window or brake pedal was not pushed enough hard.
    Last edited by Tom Toms; 06-15-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    CLA 250 4Matic Sport 2014
    CLA 45 AMG Black + night package + performance exhaust + recaro

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monenzad View Post
    Will I have any issues down the road if I use Race Start like everyday
    Ummm, yes probably. But please give it a try and let us know how it goes.
    2015 CLA250 - Mountain Gray - Sport Plus - Premium - Multimedia - Panorama - BiXenon - Spoiler - Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Probably why?
    In manual there is only information that you need to keep car fluid temeratures over blue levels. MB allow you to use RS as much as you like.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah and you can bang the engine off the rev limiter as much as you like. You can do 0-100-0 runs as much as you like. But if you do this 'like every day' you will most definitely see issues 'down the road', which was what the OP asked.
    2015 CLA250 - Mountain Gray - Sport Plus - Premium - Multimedia - Panorama - BiXenon - Spoiler - Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There is a huge difference between using race start option in sports car and banging engine off the rev - in first situation you know why you bought an amg an why amg allow you to use it every day, in second you are an idiot

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    amg techs at the race days have indicated to people that using the race start feature on the 45 is very hard on the car. Any time your pushing a vehicle hard it's going to wear faster than normal. Does that mean the trans will break in 50k miles? no, but there's a good chance components will fail sooner in a car that has been race started frequently vs infrequently. The difference in wear may be large or it could be small, i really don't know. But do you really believe launching the car in full race start mode only puts the same wear and tear on the vehicle as driving around normally?
    Jsquared, ScottC and jedi45 like this.
    CLA 45 ///AMG Edition 1

Other Cars: Subaru WRX, Mazda 3 GS Sport
    Past Cars: Acura RSX

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I do know few cla 45 which are using on amg driving experience for a year. Race start was launched there at least 200 times and everything works. Of course if you will use car properly it will need more oil changes and probably all compone ts will be "more tired".
    Question is - why you bought this cas and why amg gave you this race start option? You can keep you car in parking lot without using it at all - for sure after 10 years it will be brand new... But all spended money will disapear and you will be satisfied that you havent broke your car. C'mon - they gave you warranty, they gave me full 4 years warranty so probably they were sure what they sold to me and to you.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Toms View Post
    You can keep you car in parking lot without using it at all - for sure after 10 years it will be brand new...
    Don't think so.

For one, any registered car driving off a dealer's lot not only becomes a used car, but has just had the biggest hit on resale at that moment.

For another, ten years parked in a parking lot will have it caked with bird poop and all, hardly brand new looking if you ask me.😆

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links