Next car, CLA45 or BMW M235 - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Next car, CLA45 or BMW M235

This is a discussion on Next car, CLA45 or BMW M235 within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Good info. Thanks! Keep us posted after you drive it hard once break in is over. I'm really curious about how engaging the updates make ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Next car, CLA45 or BMW M235

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good info. Thanks!

Keep us posted after you drive it hard once break in is over. I'm really curious about how engaging the updates make this car. I'm torn between the CLA45, GT350 and M2.

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
    Good info. Thanks!

Keep us posted after you drive it hard once break in is over. I'm really curious about how engaging the updates make this car. I'm torn between the CLA45, GT350 and M2.
    Do you prefer stick over auto?
    I can't really consider a gt350 mainly because it's a stick shift and I was never taught how to use one, and I'm usually in traffic for most of my days lol.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCLA250 View Post
    Do you prefer stick over auto?
    I can't really consider a gt350 mainly because it's a stick shift and I was never taught how to use one, and I'm usually in traffic for most of my days lol.
    Either MT or a high tech AT. No particular preference. I grew up with manuals so I'm good with that.

I never thought a manual in traffic was that big of a deal.
    Sue Esponte likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The thing about the GT350... like most domestics... it puts up such high numbers yet the performance is the same as the CLA45. V8 526 HP... to a lot of people they'd rather have the V8 than "pay through the nose for a 4-banger". For me the hand built most-powerful 4-banger in production has more cachet than 'just another underperforming V8".

In comparison, I'd actually take the GT350R over the C63 based on price/performance.

But if you prefer RWD and MT then the GT350 is the right choice.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clallan View Post
    The thing about the GT350... like most domestics... it puts up such high numbers yet the performance is the same as the CLA45. V8 526 HP... to a lot of people they'd rather have the V8 than "pay through the nose for a 4-banger". For me the hand built most-powerful 4-banger in production has more cachet than 'just another underperforming V8".

In comparison, I'd actually take the GT350R over the C63 based on price/performance.

GT350 is not really in the same class as a CLA45/M2

Performance wise its there, but its not really a 'luxury' vehicle, its a muscle car.

The GT350 just like the M2, are rwd 2 door cars.

To me, any American car just isn't going to have that 'finesse' factor that an AMG or M-Series does, its all about power in the 'american muscle' category.

I would never DD a full on manual.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Folks are raving about the GT350 on the track, so I presume it carries a great degree of finesse and is an engaging car to drive. Some have compared it to the GT3.

But the CLA or M2 would prob be more practical. With the Ford I'd have to have a DD given all the snow we get.

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Either MT or a high tech AT. No particular preference. I grew up with manuals so I'm good with that.

I never thought a manual in traffic was that big of a deal.
    Considering I'm in La and its constant stop and go, it would be a horrid pain for me. Lol

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clallan View Post

Interesting, I'd rather have a c63 to be honest, but price wise, I see your point.

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Folks are raving about the GT350 on the track, so I presume it carries a great degree of finesse and is an engaging car to drive. Some have compared it to the GT3.

But the CLA or M2 would prob be more practical. With the Ford I'd have to have a DD given all the snow we get.
    Nobody ever said anything about handling.

If you are going to argue that an american muscle car with 500+ HP is all about 'finesse' over 'power' IDK what to say.

Its a whole ideology, kind of like one man one engine.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bens0n View Post
    Nobody ever said anything about handling.

If you are going to argue that an american muscle car with 500+ HP is all about 'finesse' over 'power' IDK what to say.

Its a whole ideology, kind of like one man one engine.
    I've been talking about handling, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Never said the GT350 was "all about finesse" either.

• Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links