Next car, CLA45 or BMW M235 - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Next car, CLA45 or BMW M235

This is a discussion on Next car, CLA45 or BMW M235 within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Oh okay now I see you're comparing 2016 GT350 to 2014 CLA45 pre-facelift. Hardly fair... but yeah okay....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Next car, CLA45 or BMW M235

Member #
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Oh okay now I see you're comparing 2016 GT350 to 2014 CLA45 pre-facelift. Hardly fair... but yeah okay.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clallan View Post
    Oh okay now I see you're comparing 2016 GT350 to 2014 CLA45 pre-facelift. Hardly fair... but yeah okay.
    Well of course that is what I'm comparing, official test numbers haven't been released for the facelifted models yet. Even if you take the 12.4 that it achieved in the RS3 drag race video, that's still nowhere near close to the 11.9 that stock GT350's are capable of.

My entire point is that the GT350 simply has more power than it can put to the ground from a standing start. I've spent extensive time like I said in a new Stingray and it makes our cars feel slow. You have to understand that 0-60 is not a true representation of a car's capabilities. Look at the 60-130 mph time or 100-200km/h time for a true representation of a cars acceleration. The updated car also still won't match the 0.98g lateral grip; it just doesn't have the tire grip for it with the 60/40 weight split.

It's not fair to compare the update to the GT350. Unless you're talking autocross, or standing starts on the street, it's the only time the CLA45 will keep up.

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_AMG View Post
    It's not fair to compare the update to the GT350. Unless you're talking autocross, or standing starts on the street, it's the only time the CLA45 will keep up.
    I don't know about you but for most people on the street is when it counts, thats when your ego and pride is on the line... people are watching etc.

You go 15 seconds faster on a lap around a race-track under some really specific physics condition... what does that even mean?

How would you feel with a GT350 when someone in a CLA45 beats you at a stoplight somewhere, someday? Your balls would go curl up into your abdomen and you'd feel worthless.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bens0n View Post
    I don't know about you but for most people on the street is when it counts, thats when your ego and pride is on the line... people are watching etc.

You go 15 seconds faster on a lap around a race-track under some really specific physics condition... what does that even mean?

How would you feel with a GT350 when someone in a CLA45 beats you at a stoplight somewhere, someday? Your balls would go curl up into your abdomen and you'd feel worthless.
    I don't know about you, but I'm 99.9% certain that the guy with the 8300 rpm V8 track car that sounds better than almost anything on the road won't give a shit about an AWD Mercedes sedan beating it off the line haha

And since when do standing starts ever happen on the street? Almost all races are from a roll. And from a roll the GT350 will eat the facelift as well.

I suggest some of you guys go drive some other cars that you think are "slow for their hp". A mustang 5.0 would run away easily beat us on a roll, let alone the GT350.

Member #
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    And here's a bone stock jeep taking on a Lambo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCVzPTCFt48/?hl=en

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And here's a bone stock jeep taking on a Lambo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCVzPTCFt48/?hl=en
    Bone stock 😂😂😂😂

The jeep is an absolute beast though haha

Member #
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_AMG View Post
    Bone stock 😂😂😂😂

The jeep is an absolute beast though haha
    😁, that pedal commander got it down in the 8's.

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ok, wow this whole thread got hijacked.

Let me sprinkle some perspective over this soup of opinions.

Cla45
    GT350
    One is muscle, one is European.

All in all, they are both different cars, different names, and who gives a **** if they are faster than one another.
    In the end, these cars are built for the driver. This isn't a race track and you shouldn't be street racing at lights any ways. A friend of mine got killed because a dude was street racing and ran into a light pole and killed her.

Moving on, stop worrying about what other people put in reviews and their own opinions. Everyone is different. I know for a fact most people here like the chevy corvette.
    Me personally? I test drove it and I didn't really like it. It was a nice car, but the feeling it gave me just wasn't nice.
    (Also they have been having engine issues as well)

So, compare the cars yourself. Drive a GT350, drive a cla45. And tell me which one makes you
    Smile. Because that's all that matters really. Make sure the car works in favor for you.

But all in all, which car is better? GT350 or CLA45?

Porsche Cayman GTS

Thanks for reading -David
    sonata82 likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guys.....why are we talking about a crapy Ford?? Who cares how many HP it has or how fast is it going down the drag strip. At the end of the day, it's a Ford and that's all I have to say.
    bens0n likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMG-FVR View Post
    Guys.....why are we talking about a crapy Ford?? Who cares how many HP it has or how fast is it going down the drag strip. At the end of the day, it's a Ford and that's all I have to say.
    A car does not have to be Europeanish to make me feel good.

Not sure that where a car is built somehow makes it better.

• Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links