What's your quarter mile time? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

What's your quarter mile time?

This is a discussion on What's your quarter mile time? within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; This is my timeslip where I hit [email protected] Another thing to specify is the elevation you're racing at. My track is roughly 3000ft above sea ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What's your quarter mile time?

Member #
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This is my timeslip where I hit [email protected] Another thing to specify is the elevation you're racing at. My track is roughly 3000ft above sea level where if it was closer to sea level I'd probably break into the 11s. Mods are Ams alpha intake, rebellion decatted downpipe with midpipe, turbosmart dual port bov, eurocharged tune, kw v3 coilovers and Revozport bodykit on 18" Hre r40 wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Clallan and tekfoc like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh really? That means my car isn't really meeting specs. 2015 model has been tested to be 12.7 i have the 2016 model and only getting 13.3. I dont have race start option on my car but still something doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Your ET is 13.35. You don't subtract the reaction time from ET. The clock doesn't start until you move. In fact a 'perfect' reaction time is .500 on an amateur tree. If it's any quicker than this you red light.

And you are NOT running 12's with a 2.2 60' and a 108MPH trap.

You need to work on your launch, get the 60' time down, and you should be able to hit high 12's no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrivesCLA45 View Post
    Oh really? That means my car isn't really meeting specs. 2015 model has been tested to be 12.7 i have the 2016 model and only getting 13.3. I dont have race start option on my car but still something doesn't seem right.
    You're fine it's probably tires or a dozen other possible reasons.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't own a 45, so I can't really help you there. Your car is making the power, the 108mph trap is proof of that. But a 2.2 60' time is dismal for an AWD car.

I was under the impression that all 45's had race start. How are you launching your car instead?

2015 CLA250 - Mountain Gray - Sport Plus - Premium - Multimedia - Panorama - BiXenon - Spoiler - Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's your quarter mile time?

You might not have race mode which is part of the dynamic plus package but you definitely have race start. They couldn't advertise the 0-60 time of 4.1 if all 45's couldn't achieve it. Race start is the only way.
    Last edited by bmoney; 07-21-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just tap on the brake so that it "hold" the braking status and when i see the lights turn i press on the gas pedal. Does that sound very unprofessional LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    I don't own a 45, so I can't really help you there. Your car is making the power, the 108mph trap is proof of that. But a 2.2 60' time is dismal for an AWD car.

I was under the impression that all 45's had race start. How are you launching your car instead?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OH man. I have been doing it wrong all this time. I thought not having race mode means no race start. I gotta try this again.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    You might not have race mode which is part of the dynamic plus package but you definitely have race start. They couldn't advertise the 0-60 time of 4.1 if all 45's couldn't achieve it. Race start is the only way.

Member #
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    LOL!!!! did you used racestart at the light?!?!?
    you didn't use racestart By the way you describe how you launched your car...

1. Be on sports mode and turn off traction as you are waiting in line to race.
    2. With the traction off, put your car in manual while approaching the stage light.
    3. carefully approach the stage light using your left foot on the further left of the brake pedal.
    4. once you have two stage light set and your left foot should be depressed all the way and steady at the end of the brake pedal
    5. then press both paddles up and will ask if you want to racestart
    6. quickly pressed right paddle up to confirm
    7. then depress the gas pedal hard (gotta time it with the tree light)
    8. let go of the brake at the end of the last yellow light just before the green light
    Megatron said you have up to 5 seconds interval to confirm and when you depress gas

1. Turn off traction control
    2. Put car manual mode
    3. Left foot depressed at the end of brake pedal
    4. Pull both paddles up
    5. Confirm racemode by pulling right paddle up
    6. depress gas all the way
    7. when ready to launch, let go of brake and hold on to steering wheel tight

[email protected] time slip!

Hey Megatron, I think my problem is I need smaller rims and tires like you said.... hmmmm exhaust or wheels?!?
    Last edited by reylovespayia; 07-21-2016 at 09:47 PM.
    Megatron likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    All depends on what you have @reylovespayia , all you need is a decatted downpipe and midpipe, you don't need a full exhaust as it just makes the car louder and no performance gain. Wheels try to find something lightweight, I went with hre because one 18" wheel weight 18 lbs

Member #
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    OH man. I have been doing it wrong all this time. I thought not having race mode means no race start. I gotta try this again.
    there's also "soft launch" where you hold down the brakes and depress gas -- rev then go.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

• Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links