CLA45 Dyno Session - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

CLA45 Dyno Session

This is a discussion on CLA45 Dyno Session within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; You must have V3. We have V2 so it has 7 different settings to choose from. Sorry couldn't help....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CLA45 Dyno Session

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    You must have V3. We have V2 so it has 7 different settings to choose from. Sorry couldn't help.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykool View Post
    Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread. I've just recently installed the tri colour plug and play tune. I don't have any other mods on the car. Am I suppose to set the module on left or middle or right P?
    Thanks in advance guys!
    Currently it's on middle P.. but I just want to make sure
    With no other mods, you should have one LED lit (the left of the three LEDS) above the "P".
    In this pic, is my setup with a 1.5 (with intake). One "P" and one "+" LED lit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks so much!
    Oh my.. not sure if it's me but after I changed it from the Middle P to the first P.. wow, so much more responsive. I'm loving it! Lol

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    LED colors above the "P (programs 1, 2, 3) left to right are- Red= Sport, Yellow = Dynamic, Green = Efficiency. Sounds like you previously where set up in the "Dynamic" program or tune. Now that it's in "Sport" you will get max benefit. The "+" button (power delivery) is used when you add an intake and also a downpipe etc. Send me a PM if you want the installation instructions which detail all this if you did not get a copy...

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludecrasher View Post
    Took it for a second time. 1st time was stock at 308whp and 332tq. Now it's at 371whp, 386tq with rebellion tune and ams intake.

https://youtu.be/blOR8uxS8WM
    Very impressive, question

1) rebellion plug and play or the re-map?
    2) any issues with the tune?

Im so temped to get a tune but i love my factory warranty too

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M-type View Post
    Very impressive, question

1) rebellion plug and play or the re-map?
    2) any issues with the tune?

Im so temped to get a tune but i love my factory warranty too
    Sorry just saw this. It's the plug and play. When I go to dealership I just take it off. No problems whatsoever. I still have warranty.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome info. I just ordered the Tricolore piggy back and intake. I figured the 80hp gains were a little optimistic, but mid-60s is pretty nice!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please post dyno numbers.
    I am hoping to compare with my similar set up from Rebellion.
    C
    2015 GLA45 AMR PERFORMANCE STG2+AMS INTAKE+TRS+BRONDEX DP 200CEL+HG MOTORSPORTS 2 PIECE ROTORS+OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL 19X8 25MM & 20MM SPACERS+AMS TITANIUM STRUT BRACE

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nochaos View Post
    I did not see your model year mentioned but your images and the vid looks like pre-face lift? Also what was the Dyno name and they estimate about a 17% loss from crank HP to WHP using that particular dyno?

Reason is in a couple weeks I'm taking mine in for some dyno runs (will ask the dyno name to compare) will be nice to see any potential variation. It's a 2017 CLA 45, (US Car) with the DTUK piggyback from Tricolore and the AMS intake so, a 1.5 setup.
    I'd expect about the same from the Tricolore set-up. They're basically former Rebellion guys.

Besides, 371 at the wheels with a 17% loss from the AWD drivetrain means you're making about 434hp at the engine...from a tune and a less restrictive intake. That's pretty huge...especially since the car left the factory putting out 26.1lbs of boost back in 2013. I've read that post-facelift cars put out 27.5lbs of boost stock. These are massive numbers for cars leaving the factory.

That said, and I could be wrong, but I don't believe the post-facelift cars have the potential for a materially higher top end than pre-facelift cars. AMG said the cars were basically tapped out as they left the factory back in 2013 which is why the next gen CLA's engines will be altogether different. AMG just left a little on the table when they released the 45 in 2013 knowing they'd have to increase the hp at some point in order to remain competitive with whatever Audi and BMW might throw out to the market. And, so 26.1 psi and 355hp get dialed up to 27.5 psi and 381hp.

My $.02,

-Eric
    @SueEsponte.Photography...........@Red45AMG.................@SquishMyRide
    ................................................................................

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CLA45 Dyno Session

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Esponte View Post
    26.1 psi and 355hp get dialed up to 27.5 psi and 381hp.
    Where did you hear that from? Everything I've read said the increase was from newly configured valve assembly, adjustments to timing and turbocharging. AMG claims it's still at 26.1psi for FL.

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links