CLA45 Dyno Session - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

CLA45 Dyno Session

This is a discussion on CLA45 Dyno Session within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Originally Posted by bmoney Where did you hear that from? Everything I've read said the increase was from newly configured valve assembly, adjustments to timing ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CLA45 Dyno Session

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    Where did you hear that from? Everything I've read said the increase was from newly configured valve assembly, adjustments to timing and turbocharging. AMG claims it's still at 26.1psi for FL.
    It's on AMS Performance's Website.

Here's what they wrote..."From the factory, you can expect your Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG to produce a high level of boost pressure (27.5psi as tested)."

Although, I originally looked at only a snippet from the site. Now that I've actually read the whole thing, it's possible they're even saying this applied to the pre-facelift models. I don't recall reading any claims that OE boost on pre-facelift cars was underrated by the factory. AMG proudly proclaimed these cars were making major boost.

Maybe it's wrong. Dunno.

-Eric
    @SueEsponte.Photography...........@Red45AMG.................@SquishMyRide
    ................................................................................

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Well it's like even with the 250 "Mr. Guido Vent in charge of gas engine development on smaller Mercedes vehicles, tells us that there is an unadvertised overboost effect during kickdown with one's foot to the floor, which results in roughly 13 more hp and 15 more lb-ft of torque for brief bursts." So when aftermarket companies "test" (but don't publish the entire test map?!) they probably found that secret peak boost number which is >26psi. I bet there is an easter egg in the 45 ECU software that allows a much higher level of boost (under the right circumstances).
    Sue Esponte likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Well it's like even with the 250 "Mr. Guido Vent in charge of gas engine development on smaller Mercedes vehicles, tells us that there is an unadvertised overboost effect during kickdown with one's foot to the floor, which results in roughly 13 more hp and 15 more lb-ft of torque for brief bursts." So when aftermarket companies "test" (but don't publish the entire test map?!) they probably found that secret peak boost number which is >26psi. I bet there is an easter egg in the 45 ECU software that allows a much higher level of boost (under the right circumstances).
    Easter eggs are good...but Cadbury mini eggs are better.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @SueEsponte.Photography...........@Red45AMG.................@SquishMyRide
    ................................................................................

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Esponte View Post
    Easter eggs are good...but Cadbury mini eggs are better.

-Eric
    Should have told me sooner! 😜

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2017 CLA 45 Dyno Day

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Esponte View Post
    It's on AMS Performance's Website.

Here's what they wrote..."From the factory, you can expect your Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG to produce a high level of boost pressure (27.5psi as tested)."

Although, I originally looked at only a snippet from the site. Now that I've actually read the whole thing, it's possible they're even saying this applied to the pre-facelift models. I don't recall reading any claims that OE boost on pre-facelift cars was underrated by the factory. AMG proudly proclaimed these cars were making major boost.

Maybe it's wrong. Dunno.

-Eric
    So I finally was able to get the car on a dyno for a few runs this Wednesday. It was done at Mach V Motorsports in Sterling, VA (Northern VA/DC area) nice guys and a really good price too. So if your in the area and need a AWD dyno check them out. BTW, they use a Dynojet Research.

Keep in mind my 2017 has the AMS Intake & filter along with the DTE Systems piggyback module (made in Germany) that I purchased from Matt @ Tricolore Performance. That makes it a "1.5" setup.

The end results were as follows pretty much as I was told to expect. (see attached WHP 3 runs results)

Best two run average was 357 WHP. Keep in mind, the drive line loss I was told by Mach V on AWD using the Dynojet Research is normally in the 18-20% range. For BHP it's simple math using the 20% loss estimate... 357 / .80 = 446 BHP. 446 at the crank is the best BHP estimate. No too shabby at all.

DTE Systems says they got 434 PS. Convert PS (metric) to HP and that is 428 HP. I suspect the difference on my slightly higher results may be attributed to the AMS intake. However, that is only said to add about 10HP. Torque was about 420...

Also so it's known, the car was running Sunoco 93 octane and it was in the mid 80's, 25% humidity. For me no need to split hairs on the end WHP or BHP numbers as the seat-of-the-pants performance speaks volumes. This 45's current set up is nasty fast.

Last note- keep in mind, the 381 HP figure that MB advertises on the Facelift car is not HP. That is "PS" (metric for Euroland) in the US, that is why MB shows/advertises 375 HP. Slight difference but an important distinction.

If anyone is considering this setup I can honestly say you will be happy. Plug-n-play simplicity for huge returns in fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by nochaos; 06-02-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    Caug likes this.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Wow not a bad piggy!!
    Did they not document the all important torque plots?

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Wow not a bad piggy!!
    Did they not document the all important torque plots?
    They did a plot on a separate page. Torque ramped up starting around 2,850 RPM and maxed at about 4,300 and went sideways. Interestingly the HP and torque nearly paralleled each other from what I saw.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nochaos View Post
    They did a plot on a separate page. Torque ramped up starting around 2,850 RPM and maxed at about 4,300 and went sideways. Interestingly the HP and torque nearly paralleled each other from what I saw.
    Oh good do post it sometime a torque plot is worth a thousand drools 😋

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes pls post the torque graph too.
    thanks,
    C
    2015 GLA45 AMR PERFORMANCE STG2+AMS INTAKE+TRS+BRONDEX DP 200CEL+HG MOTORSPORTS 2 PIECE ROTORS+OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL 19X8 25MM & 20MM SPACERS+AMS TITANIUM STRUT BRACE

Member #
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Every time someone posts something about a tune I change my mind which one I want. I've been stuck tuneless for almost 3 years I can't make a damn decision. Tricolore looks like the way to go but Eurocharged is also tempting.

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links