Tricolore Performance
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Tricolore Performance

This is a discussion on Tricolore Performance within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Hello All: I am interested in purchasing the Stage 1 module from Tricolore Performance for my 45 AMG and would like opinions from those that ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tricolore Performance

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tricolore Performance

Hello All:

I am interested in purchasing the Stage 1 module from Tricolore Performance for my 45 AMG and would like opinions from those that have already purchased. I've been unable to find any first person accounts on performance, positive/negative feedback, was "worth it", etc. I know there are a few options out there for tuning and Tricolore, along with VR Tune I presume, seem to be the two favorites from my time on these boards. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated as I am hoping to purchase in the near future if I get great feedback. Thanks again.

Anthony

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

tune

I have had the stage 1 piggyback Rebellion,( before tricolour was a thing) tune in my CLA 45 since 7000Kms, now i have 23,000Kms on the clock now.
    Never had an issue with the tune, or the car.
    Is it noticeable ? Yes, very much so, when I install the reversion plug, the car is a little boring.
    Is it worth it? In my opinion it is a little over priced, however I still say it is worth it.
    I take out the module when I have to do dealer visits, for any recall or warranty issues, however I do all my own routine maintenance, so this does not happen often.
    It is a bit of a pain to install the wire harness, a couple of the connectors are a bit tricky, If you are moderately mechanically inclined, it will be no problem, however if you are not familiar with car maintenance, you may want to call a friend.
    I would recommend the AMS intake as well, it is top shelf quality, milled from a billet of aluminum, good stuff, also save yourself money, not having to buy an engine filter every year.
    Not much to criticize , perhaps it could be more linear in power delivery, as power comes on like a hammer quite quickly in the high revs?
    Corporal D likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought the stage 1.5 kit from them and it arrives tomorrow. I should have some good feedback in a couple of days.

I will say this, my last car (06 Chrysler 300C) I did a few mods on: cam, intake, headers, exhaust, torque converter and a tune. By far the biggest difference maker was the tune. Now it was a custom dyno tune, but even the canned 93 octane out of the box was a big difference. It just changed the whole attitude of the car. Launched harder, shifted better, and throttle response was miles ahead of stock. Now this was a ECU flashing handheld, so a little different from the piggyback module I purchased, but I still have pretty high expectations on the Tricolore module.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    8000 miles and so far so good with my piggyback from tricolore. 100% satisfied.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have a weistec intake in, much better than AMS's,, if youre going for a tune id recommend eurocharged.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporal D View Post
    I bought the stage 1.5 kit from them and it arrives tomorrow. I should have some good feedback in a couple of days.

I will say this, my last car (06 Chrysler 300C) I did a few mods on: cam, intake, headers, exhaust, torque converter and a tune. By far the biggest difference maker was the tune. Now it was a custom dyno tune, but even the canned 93 octane out of the box was a big difference. It just changed the whole attitude of the car. Launched harder, shifted better, and throttle response was miles ahead of stock. Now this was a ECU flashing handheld, so a little different from the piggyback module I purchased, but I still have pretty high expectations on the Tricolore module.
    Yes You'll have to let me know how you like it, I'm definitely leaning toward them right now.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHC6Fixer View Post
    I have had the stage 1 piggyback Rebellion,( before tricolour was a thing) tune in my CLA 45 since 7000Kms, now i have 23,000Kms on the clock now.
    Never had an issue with the tune, or the car.
    Is it noticeable ? Yes, very much so, when I install the reversion plug, the car is a little boring.
    Is it worth it? In my opinion it is a little over priced, however I still say it is worth it.
    I take out the module when I have to do dealer visits, for any recall or warranty issues, however I do all my own routine maintenance, so this does not happen often.
    It is a bit of a pain to install the wire harness, a couple of the connectors are a bit tricky, If you are moderately mechanically inclined, it will be no problem, however if you are not familiar with car maintenance, you may want to call a friend.
    I would recommend the AMS intake as well, it is top shelf quality, milled from a billet of aluminum, good stuff, also save yourself money, not having to buy an engine filter every year.
    Not much to criticize , perhaps it could be more linear in power delivery, as power comes on like a hammer quite quickly in the high revs?
    Thanks for the feedback, good to know I can easily remove for dealer visits.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If not done so already, you may want to read through the CLA 45 Dyno post it has a lot a good detail in there. Especially concerning the latest module made by DTE Systems in Germany that Tricolore now markets.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nochaos View Post
    If not done so already, you may want to read through the CLA 45 Dyno post it has a lot a good detail in there. Especially concerning the latest module made by DTE Systems in Germany that Tricolore now markets.
    Thanks for the heads up and I will be sure to read. I'm also curious about the low-end torque and if you can feel the tune throughout the range or only at high RPM's? Have you noticed any difference with the exhaust sound?

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First in CLAss View Post
    Thanks for the heads up and I will be sure to read. I'm also curious about the low-end torque and if you can feel the tune throughout the range or only at high RPM's? Have you noticed any difference with the exhaust sound?
    Good questions! I installed my DTE Systems module (from Tricolore) and the AMS intake & filter in December last year as my ordered car finally arrived in late October and waited to pass the break-in miles before adding the module and intake. So I have decent experience with "before" and "after" with this set up on a US 2017 car. First off the DTE module has easy to set up power level control buttons on its face. It's important to set the module correct for your install if max power is the goal. So if you only have the module, (no intake and or downpipe) there is various mappings pre-set you easily set up. Likewise it has the other settings as well if someone ever upgrades with other components.

Anyway to the question- I run 93 octane all the time and even driving in the "C" mode the car pulls very strong early on even with a light foot. However, dial to the "S" mode with more pedal and it gets a bit crazy especially when the torque really builds starting around 2,600-2,950 RPM and each shift point rises higher. Then in the "S+" mode the car pulls insanely fast off the line. Use launch control and you get slammed back in the seat. Oh and the turbo spool along with the exhaust sound is an awesome bonus! (It has the optional exhaust valve and suspension settings) You better have plenty of clear road ahead or be ready to back down fast.

Last- in the "Race" mode, I don't really notice acceleration any faster than in the "S+" mode however the trans will stay in a gear way longer bumping redline very easily and the suspension really firms up even more. It just feels really hyped up and perhaps better for a track environment or setting.

Bottom line, it's very fast. I don't experience any noticeable lag off the line and it feels/pulls very linear from start to redline. I have no official 0-60 times or 1/4 mile yet but it has to be sub 3.8 seconds to 60. Matt at Tricolore said expect 3.6-3.7 seconds to 60. Sure feels good!
    Last edited by nochaos; 06-08-2017 at 10:50 PM.

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links