Car hesitate to move off - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Car hesitate to move off

This is a discussion on Car hesitate to move off within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Originally Posted by jmc a long obd run log may still be helpful ... otherwise very tough with these rabbit hole treks ... I have ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Car hesitate to move off

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    a long obd run log may still be helpful ... otherwise very tough with these rabbit hole treks ...
    I have order a obd thru Amazon. Will reach next Tuesday!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    The voltage gauge on my obd display is something I watch like a hawk
    Now 12.4 is “ok” so as long as the battery recovers to 12.6 after shutdown say after 1 hr
    This car does not charge continuously ... the charging circuit has some algorithm which accounts for load etc (eg no charge going uphill to remove alternator parasitics, moderate charge at 14V cuz the battery needs it while cruising, full charge at 15V when going down hill or coming to a stop kinda like regen)
    But if 12.4 is typical when static then its dying though in both cases for me battery death was immediately after a short trip no warning and was <10V with trunk pop etc
    pa4ul likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok noted.. the intake manifold pressure sensor error came up again this morning... looks like this is my main issue...

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car stalled again, this time the cluster and radio went black and came on again, I’ve upload a photo for the following errors
    https://m.imgur.com/a/iPwAb7j

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car is measuring 12.4-7 during uphill, highway cruising and even slow drive...

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Thats quite a few under voltage flags
    If you dont see any charge activity (monitor the battery section) then the alternator or charge circuit may need help?
    Low voltages can cause all sorts of sensor issues so keep that in mind
    Until the obd reader arrives just wire a voltmeter to the obd port and see what the numbers are to at least see what the alternator is really doing
    Watch out for shorting those inserts are close together

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did monitor using xentry.. volt was around 12+ did not went up to 13 Nor 14.... I just changed my battery last week so I doubt it..

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Looks like no or weak charging ...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the same way too. What I found out today is that when I come to a stop and the car will off by itself due to the eco function when it try To start up again my screen will go black and came back. My auxiliary battery didn’t push any warning light. And also for the logging what should I log? Intake manifold pressure, fuel rail pressure, voltage and throttle position?

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Botte_guy View Post
    I feel the same way too. What I found out today is that when I come to a stop and the car will off by itself due to the eco function when it try To start up again my screen will go black and came back. My auxiliary battery didn’t push any warning light. And also for the logging what should I log? Intake manifold pressure, fuel rail pressure, voltage and throttle position?
    i log everything! one never knows ...

but sure sounds like a alternator/charge issue ... if the battery is new ... which it wont be anymore if the plates are starting to cloud up with low charging cycles etc etc

• Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links