Need New Tires
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Need New Tires

This is a discussion on Need New Tires within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Since I purchased my CLA45 AMG in 2017, I’ve had 5 flat tires. A big ass nail every time. Last time it was actually TWO ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need New Tires

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need New Tires

Since I purchased my CLA45 AMG in 2017, I’ve had 5 flat tires. A big ass nail every time. Last time it was actually TWO screws.

The tires are Pirelli P Zero Run flats.

They’re expensive, and I hate them. I really don’t see the point of tires that can’t be fixed, I’m so tired of throwing away money on tires. There’s no way to avoid nails, and I either have extremely bad luck or these tires just suck.

Can anyone help me in recommending good tires? Perhaps a different brand? There has to be a way.

And there is no warranty that covers nails, only road hazards, I don’t see how nails are not road hazards.

Having the worst day ever, thanks in advance to those who’ll try to help.

Peace!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Know how you feel ... like brand new tires and then a huge screw right at the tread shoulder!

Michelin PS4 and Continental ECS are always the lightweight sticky favorites now as they are the latest good stuff
    DrOzCLA likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Seems like your chronic problem - nails & screws - has less to do with what kind of tires you have than with where you drive.

I got rid of the OEM Bridgestone run-flats (not bad tires, in retrospect) and put Michelin PSS, then A/S on my car. I put this stuff PermaSeal Tire Sealant | Home Page in the latter, and nails don't bother me anymore.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2katman2 View Post
    Seems like your chronic problem - nails & screws - has less to do with what kind of tires you have than with where you drive.

I got rid of the OEM Bridgestone run-flats (not bad tires, in retrospect) and put Michelin PSS, then A/S on my car. I put this stuff PermaSeal Tire Sealant | Home Page in the latter, and nails don't bother me anymore.
    Interesting. I was looking at the Pirelli Cinturato, which apparently have that sealant built into the tire, are you familiar with them? Would they be even recommendable for a car like this one?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Michelin Pilot 4s
    DrOzCLA likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I recommend these:

I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    run flat are tooooo heavey , go slooooowwwww, never run flat, unless its 250 then who cares if it slow.
    c
    2015 GLA45 AMR PERFORMANCE STG2+AMS INTAKE+TRS+BRONDEX DP 200CEL+HG MOTORSPORTS 2 PIECE ROTORS+OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL 19X8 25MM & 20MM SPACERS+AMS TITANIUM STRUT BRACE

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caug View Post
    run flat are tooooo heavey , go slooooowwwww, never run flat, unless its 250 then who cares if it slow.
    c
    Well those tires are 2-3lbs heavier ... do provide some puncture relief ... so maybe lose the 26lb oem rims for some 19lb forged ones to compensate

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just switched my summer Pirelli P Zero run flats to all season Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS. The reason was because the P Zero's never got soft enough unless it was hot enough outside. This led to 4 bent rims because the tires were just rock solid and the 19" rims would just take too much impact from every little bump on the road. Also I noticed the traction on the P Zero's are only optimal when it's hot out.

For a daily work-to-home driver like who doesn't track the car, the Potenza's work wonders, AND they performed flawlessly in the snow we just got in virginia.

As far as wheel and tire coverage goes, I got a third party wheel and tire coverage through my local mercedes-benz dealer which covers nails, give them a call.
    Last edited by lurker; 02-07-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    RUN FLATS ARE 30-32LBS, MY TIRE ARE 25LBS FOR 245 45 19.
    stock wheels are heavy too at 27.5 as i remember, i got them replaced as well.
    c
    2015 GLA45 AMR PERFORMANCE STG2+AMS INTAKE+TRS+BRONDEX DP 200CEL+HG MOTORSPORTS 2 PIECE ROTORS+OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL 19X8 25MM & 20MM SPACERS+AMS TITANIUM STRUT BRACE

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links