Time for new Brake Pads
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Time for new Brake Pads

This is a discussion on Time for new Brake Pads within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Went to the dealership (Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach, CA) and they told me the front pads are gonna be around $500. Wtf? What route ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Time for new Brake Pads

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Time for new Brake Pads

Went to the dealership (Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach, CA) and they told me the front pads are gonna be around $500. Wtf?

What route do you guys go when replacing brake pads front and back?

I looked at buying Brembo and they’re $88 for the front ones.

Any ideas as to why the dealership would say that they’re $500? (Other than they just want money).

Thanks, I don’t wanna overpay and I figured I’d ask here first.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    I am familiar with fjm and looks like mrsp for oem pads and some labor hours ...
    Suppose you can just do some online shopping and get some oem or similar pads (+ sensor) and replace at home ... saves >$400 but its your time tools patience and fingernails

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverPlate View Post
    Went to the dealership (Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach, CA) and they told me the front pads are gonna be around $500. Wtf?

What route do you guys go when replacing brake pads front and back?

I looked at buying Brembo and they’re $88 for the front ones.

Any ideas as to why the dealership would say that they’re $500? (Other than they just want money).

Thanks, I don’t wanna overpay and I figured I’d ask here first.
    I've done the front brake pads and I would definitely do it myself, The Stealership is out to do one thing after you buy the car. And that it over charge you for simple maintenance. There are several you tube video's explaining how to do it. it's quite simple and as long as your rotors are not warped,you can take it to a local shop and ask for a inspection, lots of shops do it free. and they will tell you if they are warped or need replacement. It won't cost much. In the event that they are, the rotors are also not very expensive. you can get all the parts at Autozone or advanced auto and it will take you less that 1 hr to do it.

https://youtu.be/b4z9BmeVzt0

There is nothing better than having gotten personal satisfaction working on your own car. You save money and you also get to know your car. The feeling of accomplishment is priceless, and then you will be addicted to do most repairs and maintenance on your own vehicles.
    Jgunz and pa4ul like this.
    CLA 250, Cirrus White, Tan MB-Tex, premium 1 package, multimedia package, sport package, Xeon's, Rear spoiler Illuminated Star,Illuminated door sills, Dash Cam, Turbo Kits bov, VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box, Pedal Commander, Exhaust Modified. Cquartz Finest Applied.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    ... and for some its therapeutic ...

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    ... and for some its therapeutic ...
    LOL!!! That's also V=very true!
    jmc likes this.
    CLA 250, Cirrus White, Tan MB-Tex, premium 1 package, multimedia package, sport package, Xeon's, Rear spoiler Illuminated Star,Illuminated door sills, Dash Cam, Turbo Kits bov, VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box, Pedal Commander, Exhaust Modified. Cquartz Finest Applied.

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, it was the stealership that suggested I get mine replaced. I believe they quoted me $1500. Funny enough I took it back to the same dealership for something else, they did the same 'thorough inspection' checklist and this time the second mechanic (from the same dealership) found the brakes were fine using the same checklist. I haven't seen hint of brake lights or anything, mind you.

Then I went to an independent they quoted $600 out the door for all front back pads rotors. I'll probably switch it out this summer even though I still have a good portion left... it's still not worn but I can tell it's not as good as it was when new. At this price, I'd do it just for the improved performance.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Now all we need are some 10lb rotors and $10 carboceramic pads

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I recently did my all 4's. Pads and rotors. Cost me around $600. I'm sure the dealership would want around $1200. www.fcpeuro.com. All their parts have lifetime warranty.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    I recently did my all 4's. Pads and rotors. Cost me around $600. I'm sure the dealership would want around $1200. www.fcpeuro.com. All their parts have lifetime warranty.
    That must be pads rotors sensors hub screws lube paks ..... how did the old parts look??

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    That must be pads rotors sensors hub screws lube paks ..... how did the old parts look??
    The fronts and rear passenger side still had life. But the rear driver side inner pad ate through the rotor bare metal, which is why i decided to just change all fours. Stuck caliper I guess. I went with Zimmerman rotors, pagid fronts and OEM ferodo rears.

• Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links