Is this a bad sign for the turbo? Installed BOV
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Is this a bad sign for the turbo? Installed BOV within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; When I removed the block off plate to install the BOV there was alittle bit of oil inside the bottom of that cavity and on ...

Thread: Is this a bad sign for the turbo? Installed BOV

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I removed the block off plate to install the BOV there was alittle bit of oil inside the bottom of that cavity and on the o-rings on the block off plate. Could this be from the turbo seals.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    still within warranty? pre-MY16? there was a turbo recall for the older cars where they replaced the entire turbo due to some chance of foreign material getting into the turbo and engine. I don't have the exact details if you dig around on this forum you may find it.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Out of warrenty, the recall for the turbo was already done, something to do with turbo oil line, I now have a check engine light on, hoping it's a bad gas cap, only sensor I messed with was the map sensor, and i would think I would see a rough idle if the sensor was messed up

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    mine 15 was the same and no check engine.
    C
    2015 GLA45 AMR PERFORMANCE STG2+AMS INTAKE+TRS+BRONDEX DP 200CEL+HG MOTORSPORTS 2 PIECE ROTORS+OZ ULTRALEGGERA HTL 19X8 25MM & 20MM SPACERS+AMS TITANIUM STRUT BRACE

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well car is at the dealership, the mechanic said the little bit of oil is normal, my codes is for pcv, which he said he would not worry about it, CEL might stay on from the mods, that might have been caused by the ams intake and Bov, and another code for variable oil pump, which is in the oil pan, and would have to drop the oil pan, and said it could be brittle wires also to the pump, he asked if I had tune which is no, because he said it is running at maxium duty, but will look at it tomorrow morning with the shop forman before having to drop the oil pan. Sounds expensive. He said most 45's don't have mods when they come to the dealership.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does the 45 have a pressure gauge, I know it has temp, but does it also act as a pressure gauge if there is no pressure. My guess is probably not.

• Sponsored Links