service b5 question
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

service b5 question

This is a discussion on service b5 question within the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; My car is showing Service B5 due in 7 days. I checked the service manual and service B is every 2 years. My car is ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: service b5 question

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Emir's Avatar
    Member #
    7351
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    service b5 question

    My car is showing Service B5 due in 7 days.

    I checked the service manual and service B is every 2 years. My car is at 59k km (around 37k miles) and from year 2015. How is it that i came to 5th service of service B in 4 years? Is this normal? or the cars computer has a problem? i called the stealership to check it and as always they only give me a price(rip off price) and said its normal without even checking my cars file

    anybody knows what it is to be done at service b5?

    (ps: im in canada)
    Last edited by Emir; 04-24-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    JustSynthetic.com likes this.
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

  • #2
    Pro Rapidfirerob's Avatar
    Member #
    6298
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    near Berkeley, California
    Posts
    2,872
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    It should be in your manual, or you can Google it. My regular mechanic did just that for my last service, and my wife's Infiniti as well.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

  • #3
    Super Moderator Emir's Avatar
    Member #
    7351
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    It should be in your manual, or you can Google it. My regular mechanic did just that for my last service, and my wife's Infiniti as well.
    I dont think you read the post at all, i already said i checked my manual
    JustSynthetic.com likes this.
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

  • Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements
     

  • #4
    jmc
    jmc is online now
    Ninja jmc's Avatar
    Member #
    7493
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,187
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    hold a dirty oil rag minute ..... so i do my maintenance either (a) about every 5k or (b) about every 12mo
    now i say "about" cuz it all depends on how much free time i have do get through the A or B list in addition to the engine oil change
    but anyway ..... per my system and records i have:
    4/4/15:A1 , 3/31/16:B1 , 1/14/17: A2 , 2/28/18:B2 , 4/20/19:A3 and the mileage is 21.9k
    so that's 5 oil changes and all the A,B trinkets

    so (ignoring the Ax By names) how many oil changes have you had?
    JustSynthetic.com likes this.

  • #5
    Super Moderator Emir's Avatar
    Member #
    7351
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    hold a dirty oil rag minute ..... so i do my maintenance either (a) about every 5k or (b) about every 12mo
    now i say "about" cuz it all depends on how much free time i have do get through the A or B list in addition to the engine oil change
    but anyway ..... per my system and records i have:
    4/4/15:A1 , 3/31/16:B1 , 1/14/17: A2 , 2/28/18:B2 , 4/20/19:A3 and the mileage is 21.9k
    so that's 5 oil changes and all the A,B trinkets

    so (ignoring the Ax By names) how many oil changes have you had?
    interesting i will go thru papers but im pretty sure i have done around 4-5 times too. But i've been to service a lot for brake problems and vs but i am pretty sure they dont count as a service unless some guy in the shop accidentally messed up my computer.

    Also yesterday it was showing service b5 due in 6 days today i go inside the car and boom " service b5 due ". somehow it skipped 6 days in its own world..

    having a B5 means ( logically ) i have went thru a1,b1,a2,b2,a3,b3,a4,b4,a5 and now im at b5. All in 4 years and i consider my car pretty low mileage compared to other people.

    tbh after 4 years the cost of these services started to be annoying..
    Last edited by Emir; 04-25-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    JustSynthetic.com likes this.
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

  • #6
    Pro Rapidfirerob's Avatar
    Member #
    6298
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    near Berkeley, California
    Posts
    2,872
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Oops!
    That does seem like an excessive amount for your car's mileage.
    Emir and JustSynthetic.com like this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

  • #7
    jmc
    jmc is online now
    Ninja jmc's Avatar
    Member #
    7493
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,187
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir View Post
    interesting i will go thru papers but im pretty sure i have done around 4-5 times too. But i've been to service a lot for brake problems and vs but i am pretty sure they dont count as a service unless some guy in the shop accidentally messed up my computer.
    Also yesterday it was showing service b5 due in 6 days today i go inside the car and boom " service b5 due ". somehow it skipped 6 days in its own world..
    having a B5 means ( logically ) i have went thru a1,b1,a2,b2,a3,b3,a4,b4,a5 and now im at b5. All in 4 years and i consider my car pretty low mileage compared to other people.
    tbh after 4 years the cost of these services started to be annoying..
    we all love our cars but 9 oil changes in 5 years would be a lot if the system log is correct! 8-)
    maybe they messed with the service computer like you said when you brought it in but that does not make sense
    brake services may involve messing with cluster menus (rear brakes) and the wrong finger on the wrong menu line could mess things up
    actually they can hook up the diagnostic box and read when they called up the service menus -- that will be very telling

  • #8
    Super Moderator Emir's Avatar
    Member #
    7351
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    we all love our cars but 9 oil changes in 5 years would be a lot if the system log is correct! 8-)
    maybe they messed with the service computer like you said when you brought it in but that does not make sense
    brake services may involve messing with cluster menus (rear brakes) and the wrong finger on the wrong menu line could mess things up
    actually they can hook up the diagnostic box and read when they called up the service menus -- that will be very telling
    Actually my cluster got changed with the 2018 model cluster ..(long story but it was covered under warranty) couple months back so im suspecting they messed up something there.

    Just called my service advisor and left a voicemail who dealt with the cluster change to see if he would confirm having b5 is normal or not.

    i am out of warranty since a month so i hope stealership wont charge me for asking stuff on the phone

    will update you guys
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

  • #9
    jmc
    jmc is online now
    Ninja jmc's Avatar
    Member #
    7493
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,187
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir View Post
    Actually my cluster got changed with the 2018 model cluster ..(long story but it was covered under warranty) couple months back so im suspecting they messed up something there.
    Just called my service advisor and left a voicemail who dealt with the cluster change to see if he would confirm having b5 is normal or not.
    i am out of warranty since a month so i hope stealership wont charge me for asking stuff on the phone
    will update you guys
    oh now you tell us ... 8-)
    that may explain all sorts of odd stuff ... if they did not virginize the gauge set (and it is quite different from the 2014) that would explain all the funny service level logging ... hope they coded it in correctly geewhiz.
    so what's the long story short?????
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

  • #10
    Super Moderator Emir's Avatar
    Member #
    7351
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    oh now you tell us ... 8-)
    that may explain all sorts of odd stuff ... if they did not virginize the gauge set (and it is quite different from the 2014) that would explain all the funny service level logging ... hope they coded it in correctly geewhiz.
    so what's the long story short?????
    Here is a quick summary, my fuel light on the cluster started blinking so took it to service and asked them to fix it. They told me they will change the whole cluster and they ordered the parts vs vs .After 2 weeks they called saying its ready so i drove back to the dealer to drop the car.After 2 days they called me saying its done so i went to pick it up and at the dealer parking lot, i start my car and the buttons in the center console is not working as they are not mapped to the cluster! So i go back inside and tell them what the hell and they realize they installed a 2018 cluster.(which was obvious as when i turn on the car there was some new visuals on the cluster) They said they will call me back and i took the car like that and went back home. Every week or two they call me to try a solution and it wont work. For around 2 months i was not able to put the car in sport mode And their excuse was amg germany is not sending them the 2015 cluster (which i think is a lie) so they were trying to map the 2018 one. Well in 3rd month finally someone in high ranks in amg who does coding of clusters send them a solution and it worked. As a result of this weird situation they gave me some credit.( was a joke 150$ didn't even cover my fuel cost of driving back and forth)
    Last edited by Emir; 04-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    JustSynthetic.com likes this.
    2015 CLA 45 AMG
    2014 CLS 63 AMG S-Model

  • Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Service B0 needed soon, what does this service need?
      By richieetorres in forum CLA Maintenance / Care / Detailing
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 11-14-2018, 04:49 PM
    2. Getting 1st service done - Question
      By Wizz in forum CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 10-29-2016, 10:37 PM
    3. Service A -----> Service D??
      By Jsquared in forum CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 10-15-2015, 09:23 AM
    4. service question
      By richiebklyn in forum CLA General Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 05-28-2015, 03:19 PM
    5. Question regarding warranties and service centers
      By iode in forum CLA Purchasing
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 01-08-2014, 01:24 PM
    About Us
    We are a community dedicated to the all new Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer Benz CLA Pictures, Aftermarket Accessory discussion, Questions and Answers and much more from CLA Owners across the world. Thank you for visiting the best CLA Forum on the Internet.
    Join us
    Register
    If you woud like to join our community simply click the following registration link: Register @ MercedesCLA.org