Seat stopped working
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Seat stopped working

This is a discussion on Seat stopped working within the Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Model Specific Forums category; Hello all, I was driving in my car this morning and tried to adjust my seat. None of the buttons worked; the seat did not ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seat stopped working

RSM
    Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Seat stopped working

Hello all,

I was driving in my car this morning and tried to adjust my seat. None of the buttons worked; the seat did not move. I tried the passenger seat and there was no problem. I tried pushing the programming buttons but nothing changed. So, I turned off the car, removed the key, and restarted. Seat worked like a charm. Any thoughts about why this happened? Did I reboot the car by restarting it? Do you think I should take it in? If I do there is always the chance of getting a key ring or an insulated cup!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it happens again, take it in while it is happening. They'll never "replicate the problem" and you'll have wasted your time.
    Rollaming likes this.
    Traded-in at 8,500 miles: 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250

My poor experience is on the forum. Good riddance. MB's attempt for my generation: failed with me.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirboom View Post
    If it happens again, take it in while it is happening. They'll never "replicate the problem" and you'll have wasted your time.
    Blown fuse ?

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Were you actually in motion while trying to move the seat? I wonder if there is some sort of safety feature that does not permit you to move the seat while in motion? I could be way off but I thought I would throw it out there.
    In my current car, my seat has 3 memory buttons and I cannot program them unless I am in neutral (manual shift) and the car is stopped.
    CLA45 AMG Edition 1
    Toronto On.
    Instagram: amg_ed1

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can move and program all my MB seats when the car is in motion.

RSM
    Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your thoughts. The seat controls have always worked when the car was moving and if it was fuse it would not have started working again. I suspect a software gremlin that got sorted out when the car was turned of and restarted. Has been fine since.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This had happened to me too. One day I don't know what happened I opened the door with out pressing the unlock button. So when I started to turn on the engine nothing worked. And I got supper scared. Suddenly on my screen there was a message telling me that the antithieft is activated and I had to call the dealer. After 10 minutes I got out of my car locked the door then unlocked it again. Then every thing was back to normal. WTF?

Sent from my U9200 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had a similar problem once back in December I think. I got in the car, everything worked except the wipers. Could not drive the car since it was raining. Parked the car. Made an appointment with the dealer. Next day everything was fine. Never had a problem since. Freaky!
    Jupiter Red
    Current Cars: Mercedes-Benz GLA45. Mercedes-Benz B250 Electric Drive, 2008 Honda Odyssey, 2008 Honda Fit, 2003 Honda Civic Si
    Previous Cars: Mercedes-Benz CLA250, Honda Civic Si, 2003 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Honda Accord, 1998 Honda Accord, 1997 Honda Odyssey, 1995 Honda Civic EX, 1992 Honda Civic LX, 1986 Honda Civic Si, 1979 VW Rabbit, 1975 Olds Delta 88, 1971 Saab 99, 1971 Olds Delta 88

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    dem Germans make great engines and cars overall but when it comes to electrical stuff they fall way behind their japanese rivals. My uncles VW Phaeton had all sorts of electrical problems after year 1. From power seats not working to AC issues to windows not being able to roll back up. Best one was the massaging seat got stuck on "on" and couldnt be turned off!!! It was a nightmare. . Never had and rarely here about those issues in japanese cars.

Jupiter Red likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    dem Germans make great engines and cars overall but when it comes to electrical stuff they fall way behind their japanese rivals. My uncles VW Phaeton had all sorts of electrical problems after year 1. From power seats not working to AC issues to windows not being able to roll back up. Best one was the massaging seat got stuck on "on" and couldnt be turned off!!! It was a nightmare. . Never had and rarely here about those issues in japanese cars.
    True dat!
    Jupiter Red
    Current Cars: Mercedes-Benz GLA45. Mercedes-Benz B250 Electric Drive, 2008 Honda Odyssey, 2008 Honda Fit, 2003 Honda Civic Si
    Previous Cars: Mercedes-Benz CLA250, Honda Civic Si, 2003 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Honda Accord, 1998 Honda Accord, 1997 Honda Odyssey, 1995 Honda Civic EX, 1992 Honda Civic LX, 1986 Honda Civic Si, 1979 VW Rabbit, 1975 Olds Delta 88, 1971 Saab 99, 1971 Olds Delta 88

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links