2019 Mercedes A-Class: 7 Things to Love and 2 to Hate – The Short List
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on 2019 Mercedes A-Class: 7 Things to Love and 2 to Hate – The Short List within the Mercedes-Benz CLA News forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA News & Site News category; The 2019 A-Class is Mercedes-Benz’s freshest compact offering. Here are nine things to know about it – seven you’ll love and two you’re sure to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jmc

Thread: 2019 Mercedes A-Class: 7 Things to Love and 2 to Hate – The Short List

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 2019 A-Class is Mercedes-Benz’s freshest compact offering. Here are nine things to know about it – seven you’ll love and two you’re sure to hate.

As premium small cars go, the Mercedes-Benz CLA is attractive and affordable. Too bad the previous-generation model had poor interior quality, refinement, and backseat space. But righting these wrongs is the brand-new A-Class. At least for the time being, American motorists can purchase an A220 with either front- or 4Matic all-wheel drive. The example tested here featured a wide range of options including four-corner traction.

To read more: 2019 Mercedes A-Class: 7 Things to Love and 2 to Hate – The Short List at AutoGuide.com
    Last edited by AutoGuide.com; 04-29-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    To: Mr. Craig Cole, AutoGuide.com,
    FYI, I bought 2 of the CLA250's at the end of 2013 and never once did I suffer a negative comment from anyone and I never felt that they had "...chintzy and cramped cabins..."
    We know that all makes and models have had improvements over the last 6 years, not just MB.

#1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Its kinda funny ... sat in a top line A220 this weekend and all those shiny plastics that get micro scratches the moment they are deployed just pissed me off. That said, did reeeeally try to like the new tech but execution is just a tad off ... especially the blatant “detuned engine” marker in the datacard ... why pay for a mucked up engine? Dont get that except for opening up tuner doors and pissing off first gen buyers later when they de-detune for >2021 cars. Now the CLA may be the baby in the family as of 2014 but its engine and motor bay is put together ... the A seems to be slapped together in many ways (eg the gotta beat the cheapies at their own game hood strut) ... the intake runner is on a diet ... etc. Dunno ... for 32500 against 29900 starting, one should feel like buying more “car” than “car stereo”? If the A came out like this in 2014 I for one would have stuck with the acuras and mazdas. The 2014 “buy me buy me!” feeling just isnt there for the A this time ... flooring inventory seems to suggest that. Just my 2c.
    Shipwreck and pa4ul like this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah I agree, the A class definitely does have the "drive me fast" vibe to it - but I have only seen it from outside. I imagine the dash is nice and intelligent based off reviews. It is in an interesting financial market, as the A class now is the "safer, entry line" and the CLA now is officially a trim up - but is significantly separated by cost from what I hear.

Regardless, I'll stay with my CLA for now. Definitely don't wanna buy a 1st year version of either car tho LOL. That is one thing I've learned since joining this forum.
    2015 CLA250C4 Sport+
    Aug 2015 Delivery

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Was hanging out for a couple hours at my local starbucks today and there was a white base A220 parked nose in a few stores down. Folks walking by and seeing from the rear quarter had comments that it was the new Corolla ... new A3 ... new A4 ... new Sonata ... etc etc but of course when they got close and saw the badge then they realized what it was.
    The white CLA is unmistakeable ... though the white A blends in apparently? Geee.

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My main thing with the new A/CLA class is that the new tech is a must have so that means a decently specced A220 comes in at CLA45 (circa 2014) base price... I'm waiting to see what the v2.0 45 or 45S comes in at... but if price is an issue I may be looking at a gently used E63S wagon (yeah-- unicorn) for that price.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Oh yeah like the $52k tester ... good grief
    There was a 2018 brand new 45 getting dumped by a local dealer at $53k ... if it werent red ...

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Pretty close cousins .....

Name:  2019A3White.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  28.1 KB

Name:  2019AWhite.JPG
Views: 2
Size:  63.6 KB

• Sponsored Links