GFB Australia Diverter Valve.. AMAZING - Page 7
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

GFB Australia Diverter Valve.. AMAZING

This is a discussion on GFB Australia Diverter Valve.. AMAZING within the Mercedes CLA Australia forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA World Forums category; What does it feel like on Eco without the diverter and what settings do you have the pedal commander on ? I usually put mine ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: GFB Australia Diverter Valve.. AMAZING

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What does it feel like on Eco without the diverter and what settings do you have the pedal commander on ? I usually put mine on orange mode (I forget the name) with the 3 green lights.

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VGR02 View Post
    Just a little update on my experience with the DV+. I found it worked really well in ECO mode setting but I don't know why, the extra boast made the transmission hold on the gear change a bit longer in SPORTS mode which felt a little un-natural. Manual mode was a gem as well. Now I recently installed a Pedal Commander and while the DV+ unit works well with it, I decided to pull the DV+ out. I needed to program the Pedal Commander a couple of setting higher to make up for the loss of the DV+ but now I have much better control and SPORTS mode is really fun. So my thoughts are if you intend to buy a Pedal Commander you probably don't need the DV+. however as a stand alone, it does work well with the CLA250.

If anyone is interested in buying my used DV+, please send me a message. If you are based in Brisbane id be happy to help you install it. Pretty easy and quick to do.
    Very good review of the DV+. I took mine off for a month (before Service A), and reattached it recently. I noticed in Eco mode that there is the greatest difference. Better response at high throttle and more reasonable gear changes. I know something was weird in Sports mode, and you nailed it! It does hold the gears too long, thus high revving and not giving a natural change of gear. For instance, it held in S2 until about 60 km/h, which does not improve performance (since such low-end torque). In manual mode, everything was smooth.

I'm glad you wrote this up - it made me analyze my DV+ Diverter with a more 'fine-tuned' feel! I am keeping it on the vehicle from now on, without removing it for any service anymore.

Since most of my driving is in E mode - then I find the DV+ is worth the price on my CLA 250!

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Did you guys use engine oil to lubricate the valve before installation? I was wondering since I am going to install the part soon...and I dont have any of engine oil
    2015 CLA250C4 Sport+
    Aug 2015 Delivery

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent AA1 View Post
    Did you guys use engine oil to lubricate the valve before installation? I was wondering since I am going to install the part soon...and I dont have any of engine oil
    I did the first time - put merely a dab on (smeared it with my finger - hardly any actually stayed on). I don't think it is absolutely necessary though, since the piston moves very easily. On the install video, however, they say to add a little.

BTW - I had mine on for a year, then took it out just before I had a Service A. It looked brand new still - with no signs of use (mind you, only 4000 km on it though).

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Donner is right; you can do without any oil. But you do not need to use motor oil; have a can of 3-in-1 oil, sewing machine oil . . . you only need a drop or two (if any).
    2014 CLA250 | Cirrus White | GFB DV+ | Premium Package | CF Mirror Covers | CF Spoiler | Burl Walnut Trim | Illuminated Star | Black Vinyl Roof l Wrap | Sprint Booster

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks guys! I ended up just getting a dab from the oil level stick lol.

Installation was pretty darn easy, so Im glad. Everything clicked together and really doable.

Immediately from driving around a bit, the shifting seems faster and sports mode is much more stable. Turbo lag has been reduced and in "0-to-normal green light speed," has been eliminated. (lol you guys know what I mean hahaha)
    2015 CLA250C4 Sport+
    Aug 2015 Delivery

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent AA1 View Post
    Thanks guys! I ended up just getting a dab from the oil level stick lol.

Installation was pretty darn easy, so Im glad. Everything clicked together and really doable.

Immediately from driving around a bit, the shifting seems faster and sports mode is much more stable. Turbo lag has been reduced and in "0-to-normal green light speed," has been eliminated. (lol you guys know what I mean hahaha)
    Glad installation went well. I broke off the plastic tab harness piece that holds the wires to the bottom of the diverter valve during my re-install. It still seems to be held in place pretty tight though.

I intend to never remove it again, even before Service b in another 10 months. Sounds like it will be no problem, as long as nothing goes wrong with the car. In which case if they can blame the Diverter Valve for the problem, they probably will.

As I discussed earlier, I really like the response that the Diverter Valve gives me in ECO mode. Seems to find gears quicker and more smoothly. Sports mode - only weird thing seems to be high revving from 2nd to 3rd gears. Seems not to find the correct shift point. Manual mode - very little difference noticed - still smooth shifts.

Have fun with this easy and effective mod!
    Picard likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I coloured in the GFB wirting and serial # info on both of mine.. simply so as not to draw attention to them in the service dept.

That said they won't be looking for it and its relatively hidden away under the inlet hoses..

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadwell View Post
    I coloured in the GFB wirting and serial # info on both of mine.. simply so as not to draw attention to them in the service dept.

That said they won't be looking for it and its relatively hidden away under the inlet hoses..
    Yeah I was thinking of stealthing it too but it looks so cool! 😊

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadwell View Post

I feel that the Diverter is really easy to notice? It extends out a good inch past the OEM. Yes, the inlet hoses up to it hides it partially from one side of the engine, however from the right headlight side, I think it sticks out quite a lot.

No biggie though. I think they can tell if it is/was installed through their fancy equipment.

Either way, I don't think there will be any problems with this aftermarket addition, since no horsepower is added, and the piston is actually an improvement in quality compared to OEM!

• Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links