TPMS issue - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

TPMS issue

This is a discussion on TPMS issue within the CLA Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by joann I was told that if the back left tire is low to check all of the tires. I don't understand that ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: TPMS issue

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joann View Post
    I was told that if the back left tire is low to check all of the tires.
    I don't understand that logic. It's probably good to check all the tires regularly, regardless. If one is low, then it would be good to check them all, no matter what tire it is.
    Texas Dave likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    No, it is not accurate, but it is a big help. It lets you know when your tire(s) are low and needs air. Not perfect, but pretty darned good IMO. Tire gauge will tell
    you what it really is.
    Yes, pretty darn close, usually within 1# of my digital gauge. I look at the readings everyday and verify them each week, especially this time of year when cold air temps can drive down the pressure. Even just being on the side of the car facing the sun can raise tire pressure.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    2015 CLA Jupiter Red, premium,multi media, driver assistance, sport packages. walnut dash, Bi-xenon lights, and ambient lights, delivery, 12/14.
    2012 Hyundai Genesis, red
    2006 Cadillac DTS, bronze
    2004 Cadillac DTS, blue
    2002Cadillac SLS, bronze
    1998 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, red
    1996 Cadillac Sedan DeVile, green
    1990 Buick Buick Park Avenue, Blue
    1984 Buick LeSabre, silver
    1977 Ford LTD, green
    1975 Ford Gran Torino, blue
    1972 Pontiac Ventura, gold
    1960 Rambler Ambassador, white

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Dave View Post
    Yes, pretty darn close, usually within 1# of my digital gauge. I look at the readings everyday and verify them each week, especially this time of year when cold air temps can drive down the pressure. Even just being on the side of the car facing the sun can raise tire pressure.
    Ditto ditto ditto ... wish we could mod it to read xx.x so the +-0.5 doesnt mess up readings.
    Rapidfirerob and Texas Dave like this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    You are the man! Can you come out here and check my tires every day, because I'm certainly not doing that. I'm happy I have four tires on the thing. ( I do check the tire pressure once in awhile, usually when the phase of the moon is right.)
    Texas Dave likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    You are the man! Can you come out here and check my tires every day, because I'm certainly not doing that. I'm happy I have four tires on the thing. ( I do check the tire pressure once in awhile, usually when the phase of the moon is right.)
    Yeah I check my pressures often but geewhiz not quite every day like o' Tex 😊
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Yeah I check my pressures often but geewhiz not quite every day like o' Tex
    Please don't misunderstand, the daily check consists of pushing the left arrow 3 times, the down arrow 2 times, and the ok button once. Only once a week do I get out the actual gauge, usually when I am applying my midweek tire shine. Ok, kinda anal about shiny tires too.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    2015 CLA Jupiter Red, premium,multi media, driver assistance, sport packages. walnut dash, Bi-xenon lights, and ambient lights, delivery, 12/14.
    2012 Hyundai Genesis, red
    2006 Cadillac DTS, bronze
    2004 Cadillac DTS, blue
    2002Cadillac SLS, bronze
    1998 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, red
    1996 Cadillac Sedan DeVile, green
    1990 Buick Buick Park Avenue, Blue
    1984 Buick LeSabre, silver
    1977 Ford LTD, green
    1975 Ford Gran Torino, blue
    1972 Pontiac Ventura, gold
    1960 Rambler Ambassador, white

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Please don't misunderstand, the daily check consists of pushing the left arrow 3 times, the down arrow 2 times, and the ok button once. Only once a week do I get out the actual gauge, usually when I am applying my midweek tire shine. Ok, kinda anal about shiny tires too.
    Oh ok I feel better now I use the 0.1psi meter and correlate the gauge so there 😜😜
    Wonder if theres a very satin tire finish instead of the shiny stuff? I am just the opposite dont like shiny rubber 😝

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    so gonna revive this thread with some interesting info and a request for help/comments
    got some new rims and put on dealer confirmed tpms units (p/n 0009050300 433mhz)
    as expected got this notice

Name:  NewTPMS1.JPG
Views: 12
Size:  147.8 KB

then after driving a bit instead of getting psi reading got this

Name:  NewTPMS2.JPG
Views: 13
Size:  143.9 KB

maybe someone has gone through this ...

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    …. request for help/comments.......
    ……..
    Is it possible, that you too jmc are also due for a D1 service?

#1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    jmc, Looks like you need to double check "dealer confirmed."
    #1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links