HG Motorsports ECU tune- feedback - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

HG Motorsports ECU tune- feedback

This is a discussion on HG Motorsports ECU tune- feedback within the CLA Performance forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by mav238 That's something I didn't think of, so does that mean the OP install by HG might be erased if his car ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: HG Motorsports ECU tune- feedback

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mav238 View Post
    That's something I didn't think of, so does that mean the OP install by HG might be erased if his car had to have some updates done on the car?
    It would depend on what part of the software was being updated/rewritten but yes it could very well do so!

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    I had my car in a few weeks ago for service B. It's a completely stock sport +. For some reason they had to reflash the ecu to perform an update. The shop foreman called to warn me that if I had an aftermarket tune it would be erased, and did I want them to proceed. I don't have a tune, but I thought it was interesting he called to check.
    That is very interesting and really nice customer service.... Also makes me wonder how easy going they are with tunes and warranty then!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    @HG Motorsports -- might you be willing to extend a complimentary reflash of a previously purchased ecu flash if the customer had to have warranty dealer work that wipes out your reflash? Maximum of 2 reflashes perhaps?
    European delivery 20140331

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santy35 View Post
    There is a huge difference between a reflashed ECU and a piggyback. The piggyback is just tricking the engine into making more boost, the camshaft position, and one other parameter. The reflashed ECU can be adjusted to take advantage of every aspect of the car just as if Mercedes were originally tuning the car. So the vehicle can be optimized to take advantage of much more than what just the piggyback can do, and this results in a huge increase in performance for ECU flash over the piggyback ... Not to mention the ECU flash is better for the health of the vehicle. Most tunes for other platforms are actually ECU flashes not piggybacks, but since Mercedes encryption was so strong not many people were able to go the route of a full reflash; I believe HG Motorsports is the only company that has been successful thus far. The biggest disadvantage is that until HG can get slave cable reflash tool created, the reflash must be performed in house. This means unless you live in California you'll have to send them your vehicle ECU and be without a car for a short period of time . However from my understanding they are working on a slave cable for their new AND existing customers which is pretty amazing customer service. My car has the HG intake, a cat less downpipe, and the HG catback exhaust system, and with the ECU reflash my 250 is making around 310 HP. The car is nothing like stock, and the power delivery on a Reflash is 100 times smoother than from the piggy back I had before the reflash. HG is the best performance company making products for the CLA in my opinion.
    Curious on your 0-60 time with 310 hp?

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCLA250 View Post
    Curious on your 0-60 time with 310 hp?
    Haha so am I, I think I will by a vbox in the spring so I can't see what I come in at. I really want to know as well, so when I know I will post and let you know I will be putting Michelin super sport rubber on this spring as well, so the added traction with all the new power should make for a pretty deadly combo

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Actually to put in perspective the power difference between the piggyback and the ECU reflash... I had a friend who drove with me in the car stock and then I took him for a ride in it with the piggyback. I asked if he noticed any difference in power and he said " I dunno maybe ? Not really anything big, but I feel like there could be a bit of a difference". Then say 4 months later, I picked him up after having the reflash done.... He had no idea I had done it or changed anything, and took him for a spirited drive but nothing crazy. 5 minutes into the drive he just randomly commented " holy shit what did you do to the car? It feels wayyyy faster. Like I wonder if our Cadillac would even take it now."

So that would be a great unbiased view of the difference between the two!
    Yoshi and hgmotorsports like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Would give an idea of what the power delivery is like!

Remember... Winter tires, lots of wheel-spin, wet and gravel on the road hahah.

You can see it cut power right away when it loses traction, with summer tires the performance would be much much better.
    Last edited by Santy35; 02-14-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    Yoshi and hgmotorsports like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    agreed HG does some really good work. These guys are 5 mins down the street from my work. It's just a shame I'm just not into tuning my modding my cars like I used to. They may be a bit pricier but you get what you pay for in quality.

Santy35 likes this.
    2014 CLA 250 | Cirrus White | Black MB Tex Interior | Premium Package | Pano Roof | Bi-Xenons | 18" Wheels | Spoiler | Black Ash Wood Trim | Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was that video with or without race start...hard to tell...quite impressive...thanks
    Santy35 likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    I had my car in a few weeks ago for service B. It's a completely stock sport +. For some reason they had to reflash the ecu to perform an update. The shop foreman called to warn me that if I had an aftermarket tune it would be erased, and did I want them to proceed. I don't have a tune, but I thought it was interesting he called to check.
    Just curious if he was bluffing you??????????

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links