Exhaust Options - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Exhaust Options

This is a discussion on Exhaust Options within the CLA Performance forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by jmc Almost sounds too good to be true ... cuz anytime something tries to muck with the system some unforeseen tidbit pops ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Exhaust Options

Supporting Vendor TurboKits.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Almost sounds too good to be true ... cuz anytime something tries to muck with the system some unforeseen tidbit pops up ... especially when (in this case) the ecu is still connected to the canbus network
    It's true, just like the Cobb Accessport for EVO, Suby, GTR, etc and the hand helds that have been out for years for the domestics. Connect, read and flash via OBDII. Ive personally used the AMR hand held. It's straightforward and works. Make sure you are connected to a batter charger tho, but that's standard protocol for any OBDII flashing to make sure you keep battery voltage up during the writing process.
    Shipwreck likes this.
    TurboKits.com Sales Team
    Boost Your Horsepower
    860-676-2929
    [email protected]
    http://www.turbokits.com/Mercedes-Benz/CLA_250_-_C117/

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboKits.com View Post
    It's true, just like the Cobb Accessport for EVO, Suby, GTR, etc and the hand helds that have been out for years for the domestics. Connect, read and flash via OBDII. Ive personally used the AMR hand held. It's straightforward and works. Make sure you are connected to a batter charger tho, but that's standard protocol for any OBDII flashing to make sure you keep battery voltage up during the writing process.
    thanks for the vote of confidence on the amr ... if i decide to set aside the carlsson piggy i will give the amr writer a try
    and certainly concur about the good voltage levels needed ... i built a 35A power supply just for those occasions
    so whaddaya know a defib in the garage too ... 8-)

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboKits.com View Post
    Well there we have it, ill give this a go when it comes time to upgrade hell yeah.
    noticed i need new tires, probably going to set this whole process back a bit having to buy new ones... super annoyed at that.

Random question for TK, if i go with that stage 1 or 2 package can i option out of the BOV somehow, i don't need that. just curious, its not like its adding $1000 bucks to the order or anything.
    Polar Silver 2018 CLA250 4MATIC, Premium 1 package, Illuminated Star, Turbokits BOV Spacer, 18' multi spoke wheels, (so far...)

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor TurboKits.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
    Random question for TK, if i go with that stage 1 or 2 package can i option out of the BOV somehow, i don't need that. just curious, its not like its adding $1000 bucks to the order or anything.
    Yes of course, best to hit us up on messenger and we can put together a custom package for you Thanks!
    TurboKits.com Sales Team
    Boost Your Horsepower
    860-676-2929
    [email protected]
    http://www.turbokits.com/Mercedes-Benz/CLA_250_-_C117/

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    awwwwesome thanks for the reply!
    TurboKits.com likes this.
    Polar Silver 2018 CLA250 4MATIC, Premium 1 package, Illuminated Star, Turbokits BOV Spacer, 18' multi spoke wheels, (so far...)

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going through the tuning process as I write this. I'm using the OE tuning handheld, looks identical to the AMR device. OE has a 20% off sale so I jumped! I sent them my stock tune last night and this morning received my new tune. I'll load it after work. I may be kissing my warranty good bye. They say you can go back to stock anytime but I'm sure with the sophistication level of MB, they could detect it. I did the IE tune for my DD Audi A3 cab and wow what a difference. No other upgrades....yet.
    Shipwreck likes this.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrager View Post
    I'm going through the tuning process as I write this. I'm using the OE tuning handheld, looks identical to the AMR device. OE has a 20% off sale so I jumped! I sent them my stock tune last night and this morning received my new tune. I'll load it after work. I may be kissing my warranty good bye. They say you can go back to stock anytime but I'm sure with the sophistication level of MB, they could detect it. I did the IE tune for my DD Audi A3 cab and wow what a difference. No other upgrades....yet.
    Oh yeah the My Genius thingie! I bumped into that sometime ago, then saw AMR branded their version
    Sure looks like identical cousins ... 8-)
    When does the 20% deal go away?

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links