Exhaust Options
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Exhaust Options

This is a discussion on Exhaust Options within the CLA Performance forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hey guys Theres been lots of discussion about exhaust setups here and most of them are the go to armytrix exhaust and or other valvetronic ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Exhaust Options

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Exhaust Options

Hey guys
    Theres been lots of discussion about exhaust setups here and most of them are the go to armytrix exhaust and or other valvetronic variants

has anyone gone the route of getting a shop to fabricate something up for them? debating on asking my shop to fab a catback (mostly because itll be way cheaper, and still sound good) vs spending $2k+ installation.
    i can assume a $2k exhaust is going to sound better than something a shop makes in house, but has anyone gone this route or know someone who has?
    what are your experiences and did you get it straight welded on or ask to keep the stock flange to be able to switch back to stock exhaust.
    Polar Silver 2018 CLA250 4MATIC, Premium 1 package, Illuminated Star, Turbokits BOV Spacer, 18' multi spoke wheels, (so far...)

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
    Hey guys
    Theres been lots of discussion about exhaust setups here and most of them are the go to armytrix exhaust and or other valvetronic variants

has anyone gone the route of getting a shop to fabricate something up for them? debating on asking my shop to fab a catback (mostly because itll be way cheaper, and still sound good) vs spending $2k+ installation.
    i can assume a $2k exhaust is going to sound better than something a shop makes in house, but has anyone gone this route or know someone who has?
    what are your experiences and did you get it straight welded on or ask to keep the stock flange to be able to switch back to stock exhaust.
    I did a straight weld on with no mufflers or resonators. Loud, if you're into that. Cruising isn't much louder, but WOT is pretty loud.
    CLA250- Mountain Grey, Front AMG Bumper Swap, Eurocharged Tune/Custom Exhaust, H&R Springs, Magnificent Door Gap

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not against loud at all, just not really keen on having to deal with an unbearable drone noise, do you get that at all without the muffler/resonator?
    Polar Silver 2018 CLA250 4MATIC, Premium 1 package, Illuminated Star, Turbokits BOV Spacer, 18' multi spoke wheels, (so far...)

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not against loud at all, just not really keen on having to deal with an unbearable drone noise, do you get that at all without the muffler/resonator?
    It is not unbearable IMO. It only drones at 65mph but anything above or below, I don't notice it much, plus I play music so it's really not there. I get burbles and crackles a lot too but not sure if that's to include from tune as well.
    CLA250- Mountain Grey, Front AMG Bumper Swap, Eurocharged Tune/Custom Exhaust, H&R Springs, Magnificent Door Gap

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    some $500~1000 systems like remus etc aren't so bad ...
    Shipwreck likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    some $500~1000 systems like remus etc aren't so bad ...
    I have actually looked at those, its all just going to come down to whats cheaper without sacrificing quality i want to put more money into my car, i just don't know if i should lol.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have actually looked at those, its all just going to come down to whats cheaper without sacrificing quality i want to put more money into my car, i just don't know if i should lol.
    Check out my instagram Bcao_ there's a sound clip on there. An ECU reflash wouldn't be a bad idea either, for better driveability, improved gas mileage if you don't have a lead foot with the added power hehe making 240/277 to the wheels so not bad for getting 38mpg hwy

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Check out my instagram Bcao_ there's a sound clip on there. An ECU reflash wouldn't be a bad idea either, for better driveability, improved gas mileage if you don't have a lead foot with the added power hehe making 240/277 to the wheels so not bad for getting 38mpg hwy
    Damn 240hp is just about where id want to be too. I do have a lead foot though.. its a problem i am aware of and unwilling to correct. i think my average MPG is around 20-25..
    Maybe i just wont trade in the CLA for a C 300 coupe and just put some money into it. Why do all of lifes decisions have to be so difficult.

appreciate the insight David! ill have to put insta back on my phone and check it out soon

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the Remus Exhaust on Mine and it sounds great. No drone at all, and doesn't sound like a pop-can Civic

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CormsMB View Post
    I have the Remus Exhaust on Mine and it sounds great. No drone at all, and doesn't sound like a pop-can Civic
    Something like this?
    https://autotalent.com/collections/m...-260-c117-2013

When it comes to exhaust thats a little past my area of knowledge, im really only getting into cars and caring about them since i got this one a year ago

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links