led daytime running lights
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on led daytime running lights within the CLA Exterior Styling forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hi, just joined. can someone give me advice how can i go from regular cla250 daytime running lights to modern day ones. I went to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sue Esponte

Thread: led daytime running lights

psc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, just joined.

can someone give me advice how can i go from regular cla250 daytime running lights to modern day ones.
    I went to local MB they quoted me 3k, is it possible to purchase these lights somewhere online and just get someone to install them for me?
    Problem is i don't know how to search for them, what are they called?

from this

to this

Last edited by psc; 11-07-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You're probably going to need a new headlight cluster...just like your dealer was telling you, which means you'd also need to ensure the software in your car will support the new headlight cluster. I haven't looked very hard but, if you don't care about non-OEM, you should keep your eyes on eBay for an aftermarket headlamp. I haven't seen anything but I also haven't looked very hard for it. Give it time, eventually something from China will come out for a fraction of the cost of OEM if there's sufficient demand. Just make sure you get a unit that's compatible with your car.

OR, you've got to be good about ripping open your headlights and rewiring them with new lights. I'm assuming this isn't something you'd be comfortable with if you're saying you'd pay someone just to remove and install new headlamp clusters. Paying someone to do this isn't probably wouldn't be cheap either and, if it is, caveat emptor.

-Eric
    pa4ul likes this.
    @SueEsponte.Photography...........@Red45AMG.................@SquishMyRide
    ................................................................................

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    psc

Do you really want to do this mod? Not much of a difference, not worth the time and effort, only my opinion. I've heard horror stories after replacing OEM lighting on this forum, from premature lighting failure to wiring harness problems. Plus you do not want to void the warranty. I suggest you should check this out thoroughly before diving in.

My 2cents
    2014 CLA / 4Matic /Cirrus White / Ash MB Tex / Black Ash Trim / Sport / Premium / Multimedia / Pano Roof / Spoiler / 35% Window Tint

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hi there,

I got a site where you can buy all kinds of stuff for your cla, all official mercedes parts. you can buy there the new facelift taillights and they seem to work. this company has a special designed converter that you place between old wiring and the new taillights. I think they were buisy with disigning/ engeniering this for the new headlights asswel. so maybe you should wait till this is possible?
    The site i got this from is Atelier Kunzmann - Fetisch Mode in Leder und Latex seit über 66 Jahren

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hi there,

I got a site where you can buy all kinds of stuff for your cla, all official mercedes parts. you can buy there the new facelift taillights and they seem to work. this company has a special designed converter that you place between old wiring and the new taillights. I think they were buisy with disigning/ engeniering this for the new headlights asswel. so maybe you should wait till this is possible?
    The site i got this from is kunzmann

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Think the first link is, ummm, an error 😜😋

• Sponsored Links