Has anyone tried those Winca-Roadnav nav units? 7" Monitor+Android for $460?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried those Winca-Roadnav nav units? 7" Monitor+Android for $460? within the CLA Interior Styling forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; According to the seller, it will work in a CLA250 if it has factory AUX. Winca-Roadnav S100/S150 - XDA-Developers http://www.aliexpress.com/item/andro...296158356.html...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried those Winca-Roadnav nav units? 7" Monitor+Android for $460?

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

According to the seller, it will work in a CLA250 if it has factory AUX.

Winca-Roadnav S100/S150 - XDA-Developers
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/andro...296158356.html
    Last edited by johnnyc382; 06-13-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I ended up getting one. Shipping was quick. Everything is working except sound. I lost all sound (radio,bluetooth,aux) after hooking up this unit. ***AUDIO WORKING NOW. SEE POST BELOW***
    Last edited by johnnyc382; 06-24-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any tech support from the seller?

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    If you can speak mandarin chinese. That's the thing with these devices. Wonder why there isn't a U.S. market for these things.

2014 CLA 250 | Cirrus White | Black MB Tex Interior | Premium Package | Pano Roof | Bi-Xenons | 18" Wheels | Spoiler | Black Ash Wood Trim | Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks to support from Yoshi, the audio is working now. It turns out this head unit is designed for cars without the Harman Kardon audio system. Unlike the stock audio system, the HK system utilizes optical cable for audio. The harness from this head unit is missing the optical cable extension. For audio to work, the optical cable from the original harness had to be detached and plugged directly into the Comand unit.

Back of Comand:
    Name:  20150624_194838_resized.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  1.10 MB

Removing optical cable from original harness:
    Name:  20150624_194955_resized.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  900.6 KB

Plugging original optical cable into Comand:
    Name:  20150624_201444_resized.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  815.3 KB

Android Head unit harness missing optical cable extension:
    Name:  20150616_184450_resized.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  232.1 KBName:  20150616_184501_resized.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  204.9 KB

Running AUXName:  20150627_100141_resized.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  385.9 KB
    Last edited by johnnyc382; 07-09-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Glad you got it working!!! And thanks for posting install pics

Santy35 likes this.
    2014 CLA 250 | Cirrus White | Black MB Tex Interior | Premium Package | Pano Roof | Bi-Xenons | 18" Wheels | Spoiler | Black Ash Wood Trim | Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting. Can you show us more photos and a more detailed review?
    Thanks!

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I have this unit on order

To just add a bit of detail, the HK system uses an external amp and sound source connected by two round fiber cables (MOST IN/MOST out). This is why the pass through harness that was included with this unit doesnt work. The speaker wires are not wired directly to the comand system with HK (NTG 4.5).

Also for those of you that have a 2015 model (NTG 5.0) I would be very cautious about buying any of these units since most of these aftermarket systems so far are designed to work with NTG4.5 or 2014 models and earlier.

Ryan, at Navitech did tell me they are also working on a fully integrated android solution with capacitive touch screen that will be released in Septemeber of this year.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I have this unit on order

To just add a bit of detail, the HK system uses an external amp and sound source connected by two round fiber cables (MOST IN/MOST out). This is why the pass through harness that was included with this unit doesnt work. The speaker wires are not wired directly to the comand system with HK (NTG 4.5).

Also for those of you that have a 2015 model (NTG 5.0) I would be very cautious about buying any of these units since most of these aftermarket systems so far are designed to work with NTG4.5 or 2014 models and earlier.

Ryan, at Navitech did tell me they are also working on a fully integrated android solution with capacitive touch screen that will be released in Septemeber of this year.
    Do you give up Navitech solution?
    Please give us a review for this product

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SR71AMG View Post
    Do you give up Navitech solution?
    Please give us a review for this product
    I had the navitech solution for a few days with the external android box. It's a decent product and IMO navitech offers the easiest upgrade for a larger screen if all you want is a larger display that is plug & play. Since the Navitech unit is currently a resistive touch screen, I found the touch responsiveness to be inadequate for a android solution. They are working on one that is going release in Sept with a Capacitive touch screen. I jumped the gun earlier I actually don't have the roadnav unit on order yet. I'm placing an order for a new car (BMW 4 series gran coupe!!) this weekend so I'll decide if I want to mess with my CLA :P

I have a engineering background and use to mess around quite a bit with car radios/electronics. Always enjoyed playing around with aftermarket electronics which is why I was able to help Johnny out with his sound issue. Glad it's resolved now.

My honest feedback for these type of devices is support is usually very limited and you will be dealing with a huge language barrier. Also if something goes wrong you are most likely on your own. So my word of advice to everyone is proceed with caution.

I just don't understand why a larger more reputable company/distributor in the US doesn't carry or support these type of aftermarket kits. I presume the market just isn't there or else would see them.

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links